Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 98

rwo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Show keys on screen
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Since I started doing the live streams on https://twitch.tv/walkerogr, I am looking for an application that can show on screen the key combinations I am using. For example, when I use on WB the "Right Amiga + 2" to change a window to a list, I want this to be visible to the users for a few seconds.

This would be useful for those who would like to learn the shortcuts and I wouldn't need to repeat them.

Do you know if there is an application that does something like that?

Preferrable to be available for AmigaOS 3, and work under AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS as well. Also, it would be nice if it could support showing itself over the frontmost screen, and not only on WB.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Re: Show keys on screen
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero
I think keymapEd or kme can do it, but I don't guarantee it, and it is a side effect of the programs purpose.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
Thank you trgswe... I might need to make one. :D

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@walkero

actually, i recently found a old one it's called keysplease (it's on aminet)...

should need to be upgraded to 4.1, or build a keymap editor, which is sorely lacking since the older programs refuses to have anything to do with newish keymaps.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@trgswe

There's code in the SDK for building keymaps. I think the format on OS4 differs from OS3, but it's a long time since I've needed to create an OS4 keymap.

On OS3 I don't think there's any source code available, so you have to use a keymap editor!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris
on os1.2-os2.x-os3.x there are a couple of keymap editors
KeyMapED comes with sourcecode but is a ugly 1.3 gui

the only keymap editor that seem's halfdecent even for os4 (MUI interface etc.) is morphkey.lha but... no source... again. but I think it was that one that I used for a early keymap i made for pc105 keyboard (swedish/finnish) but uncertain.

Go to top

Register To Post