Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 85

DiscreetFX, AndreasM, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »
Re: First user's report of new Intel HD Audio (Azalia) driver by geennaam
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

Yep, I hear you.

Lately everything regarding amigaos4 does that to people.

You either shrug it off and continue the path you chose to walk, with all the bitterness, hate and negativity induced comments, or walk away and enjoy what you have in your own little space on this planet.

Don't let stupid close minded individuals destroy what fun is left in this hobby project.

Follow your heart and whatever decision you finally take, I applaud you for your work already done and what you achieved for the community.

Thank you, I mean it.

After all, *this* (*waves around arms*) is so unbelievable unimportant...

Edited by Raziel on 2021/7/18 17:06:15
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
The OS4 community is broken beyond repair imho

I'm sorry you feel this way The current OS4 situation is difficult - the worst I remember (and I've been on the bandwagon since 2009) - so it would be surprising if it didn't have any impact on the community. The OS4 users have always been a very patient and positive-minded crowd, but the recent events have apparently been too much to handle, and you see frustration getting vented out from time to time.

But let's remember that the OS4 community is the victim, not the culprit of the situation. The community is bitter and divided because of the people who have messed up the OS situation and put the future - even the very existence - of our platform in jeopardy.

That being said, I believe the situation will get resolved soon enough. You can't hang about in courts forever.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie

Quote:

You can't hang about in courts forever.

I wish i had your optimism...they also said they'll never find Amelia Earhard's plane...

Let's face it, we are in the hundreds, user-wise, dozens, developer-wise and a few a$$***** who keep on milking that dead cow while not supporting.

I really hope for any of the parties to have success (again), but i'm long over the line of doubting...down to hoping.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam
Quote:

I still cannot comprehend what's going on in the minds of those who rather wait for nothing to happen at Hyperion than to embrace any OS4 progress from whomever it comes from. This is not normal. The OS4 community is broken beyond repair IMHO.

I feel the same. Some time ago when Tim was sued by Ben (yeah, sued by a friend) and leave os4, right after that other people like Costel and Benny leave their role as well, because of Ben (i talk with them, no one wants to have anything common with Ben anymore, and they may return once Ben gone, if that ever happen).

Once I start to write about it on the beta mailing list, explaining that Ben is a person who lies, stole money, sue own friends, and that we all need to show that we don't need Ben (and all that info I get not from "rumors" but directly from ppls who was cheated by him), can you imagine that: there come the same people who were friendly enough before, but right at this point, start to see an enemy in me, saying that all I say is not true, that I lie, spread "toxic talks", that i am too rude to be in the beta list, and what about to just shut the fuckup and leave them in the rest with what they have.

So at this point, I just realize that OS4 is ruled by Ben, because of people who want to be ruled by Ben. It's just not normal when people are happy when they have an onboard amoral person such as Ben. And some want it to be like this. So, be it. Who I am to change their minds.

I also read the answers to you about os4 progress from Aeon, where does not matter what you will explain, they just want Ben and like the same religious fans will stay the same.

So I kind of lose all my motivation with os4 as well for now too. Maybe later. If we still will be alive :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Sorry to hear this but get it. I do however really appreciate your contribution of this driver and hope a respite finds you well.

Regards
Doug

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

What you describe what's going on in the beta mailinglist sounds like it shares parallels with this: link

But I'll probably get burned over making this connection by the "purist". So be it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam

Thanks for your great contribution to AmigaOS4. With your driver, I was able to upgrade my soundcard after a long long time.

I hope you resume your contribution after some time..

Thanks.

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@SinanSam460

Quote:
I hope you resume your contribution after some time.

I hope for the same. It would be a pity to lose such a talented developer!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

I find AmigaOS 4.1 a great fun to use, and to enjoy it more, I personally don't care too much about the noise made by always the same well know people.
Sure, the situation could have been better, but it could also be worst with such a small user base.
Sure, more and more people are running away from it, and it is a shame, because the system is simply great.

It is mostly thanks to people like you, a user that spend his spare time to solve practical issues, that the system gets a more usable environment.

I personally thank you a lot for your contribution, and hope that you still be able to enjoy the platform even if it has its own twists.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@geennaam
I also hope you rethink of it and get back, more motivated.

Quote:
I've seen negativity, bitterness and zealotism (close to religious fanatism) when it comes to OS4. Not only on amigaworld.net and other sites/chats, but recently on this site as well.

This is happening now because, since the start of the year 2021, a lot changed for OS4, and it is logical to see people disagree, express themselves, even overreact some times. We have seen good and not so good changes, which for sure, help the platform to move forward. We have seen new software released, including your awesome drivers. So, I don't see why anyone should lose motivation.

You see, based on my perspective, the motivation comes from inside. The remaining developers create software because first of all is something that fulfills us, learn something new, and even earn some money.

In such situation, the good words and the support from the community is crucial, so to make us feel that we do something that is useful to someone. And I believe we are all very supportive and positive here. In my situation, I don't have any complain for anyone, because a lot of you tested, run and gave me feedback for my programs and scripts, and I thank you all for that.

No matter what someone writes and says about X person or company can change the above. Amigans.net is a free to speak place, and this is the way it will always be. And since we agree that all of us are free to express ourselves, that's how this community remains alive and moves forward.

And if anyone here observe something you don't like in the forum, feel free to contact me or Orgin, and speak about it. We will listen and do the best we can to solve or reduce it.

Quote:
So why spend my precious spare time on anything other than my own needs. I'd rather spend it with my family instead.

Family always comes first. If it makes you feel good to develop a new driver, make UAE run better or fix some issues, it would be great to have you back.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Maybe a weird question... Has anyone tried this driver with Qemu-sam460 emulation?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@billt

Uhm, just tried on my AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 installation using QEMU 6.0 with no luck.

Used the latest archive on os4depot then launched the usual QEMU command adding "-device intel-hda"

qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -m 2G -rtc base=localtime -device intel-hda -device ide-hd,drive=disk,bus=ide.0 -drive file=amigaos_4.1_fe_upd2.img,format=raw,id=disk

as it did not work, tried adding "-device intel-hda -device hda-output", again with no luck

qemu-system-ppc -machine sam460ex -m 2G -rtc base=localtime -device intel-hda -device hda-output -device ide-hd,drive=disk,bus=ide.0 -drive file=amigaos_4.1_fe_upd2.img,format=raw,id=disk

On the AHI prefs still no HD audio device shows up
http://www.locati.it/mario/sam460/qemu_sam460_hd_audio_test.png

This is how the audio board appears on Ranger
http://www.locati.it/mario/sam460/qem ... _hd_audio_test_ranger.png

Edited by virgola on 2021/7/20 23:35:14
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@geennaam

Thanks for all your fine work on this driver software. I sincerely hope you will continue.

I understand if you need a break away from the forums.

Best wishes,
redfox

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

>I see reports that it is working with x86 linux distros. Some users with problems simply
>forgot to unmute the card. Never tried linux on ppc so I'm not sure how mature that is.
>
>But the audigy FX is nothing special. So there should be no reason why it shouldn't work.

As I suspected from the beginning, Audigy FX does NOT work with Amiga Linux:

https://forum.hyperion-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4703

So, unfortunately it is an 'AmigaOS-only' soundcard . The old Sound Blaster Live! is probably still the the best choise for multiOS AmigaONEs, if you just happen to find one.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@geennaam

Thanks for this driver! I got a shiny new Audigy FX card yesterday and it's working well.

Go to top
Re: First user
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@geennaam

Very nice work with the audio driver. Got myself the same card as Kas1e and it's working great. Where do we send the money?

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
"I've seen negativity, bitterness and zealotism (close to religious fanatism) when it comes to OS4."

I agree completely. I _try_ to bring understanding. Our greatest strength is the dedication of the community. It is also our greatest weakness, since we each have such strong opinions about what is best for the platform.

When I just can't take any more, I shut out the public. Coding on the Amiga is my personal activity. It doesn't require the input or opinions of others. I enjoyed coding before the "internet", I can still enjoy it now.

Let me congratulate you on the success of your driver. AHI is not an "easy" target, neither is Azalea. You have done VERY well. Thank You for your contributions.

I'm still coding, and working together with one or two other developers as needed. I am down to just one NG Amiga, as there are no repair facilities for my little Tabor. It's still an awesome OS, and a great pastime.

"Public Opinion" is neither in my control nor any of my concern. Those who make a hobby of complaining are free to do so, but not in my ear.

Maybe things will get better, maybe not. I'll keep on coding either way.

GREAT driver.. please consider staying with us, as your life and time will allow.

Lyle Hazelwood

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I also got the FX card after kas1e mentioned it. It's currently waiting to be installed since I am trying to mend an a1200.

Regarding the os4 community and NG machines, I am new. Only started since November 2021. So far I love it, but I am niave. Since that time, November, I now own an X1000 and X5000 and they are my main machines and despite the hardware hacks and some hardware choices and the minute core developers, I love it all.

It does have me worried though... Hans is just one example and has done some great work, but what's happens if he was to get ill somehow. Who would then continue his work? God forbid anything like that would happen.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Earlier in this thread you mentioned an AHI in prefs. I cannot see the updated version in the Enhancer 2.1, can you tell me where to get the updated version?

I installed the FX card and it is working fine, just wondering about the newer version of AHI prefs. I could not find anything obvious on OS4DEPOT.

Thanks.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LyleHaze

Your driver works fine in my computer, its not easy to tell what issue someone else has, I think biggest complaint was time did take to get drivers initially. But no one suffered, we had the other sound card and it worked. Just because some choose to use different sound card, does not make your work bad. I hope you can understand that.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »