Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 95

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: Which graphics card(s) do you use with AmigaOS 4.x (in 2016)?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Radeon HD 7700 with the DMA trouble on X1000 (still no news about this specific topic?)

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

So, what would have to change for you to get that X5000 + epic GFX card? What would this "better Amiga scene" look like?

I know that this is drifting off (my own) topic a bit, but those are interesting questions. We can always transfer this to a new thread if needed.

The whole web browsing issues that plaque OS4.1, the lack of hardware accelerated 3D i.e. Gallium or similar just a short list I don't want to bore people or derail this thread.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

May I ask, how come you have two X1000?

I'm cust curious

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
Radeon HD 7700 with the DMA trouble on X1000 (still no news about this specific topic?)

No news, sorry.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Hans

Thanks anyway

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
zz10h and 328gts

Why the dead x1000 ? Because i finally put some add that i wanted to sell it so we would get some other lucky user that has more time waiting for updates on amiupdate/music software etc and has more use of it :')

I just change the psu with the one i had in my new pc (was insinde x1000 before too). Connected and formated my 1tb harddrive i got when i bought my x1000. Removed some personal files from my ssd etc. Day after i didnt get any power at all to the computer. So i removed the psu and put it back again. Now there was power but the last 2 leds on the mobo are lit. Faulty psu and cpu voltage. I tried 3 different psu's but with no success. All work in the new pc and also with my psu tester. I tried everything, removing cards, tried with dvd and drive only etc. No luck. The fans are getting their power etc. You can hear the dvd starting etc. So its like with my first x1000. I have no luck with x1000 hardware :)

But dont be afraid, i will use os4.1FE under winuae so i can at least try the low memory usage apps as the 128mb ram limit :) I could not run smbtune as qt probably takes some ram.

Sorry for a bit offtopic but i had to answer :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

Sad to read...however really seems that x1000's was a bit weak in hw...
Never read about so much A1/Sam/Peg broken and x1000 seems also produced in small pieces...maybe some pa6t issue?
Really hope than on x5000 things goes better...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Tuxedo
Actually, I remember many reports of A1-XE's spontaneously dying, and only a few about X1000s (which usually involved users touching the hardware, e.g., Kicko replacing the PSU).

My own A1-XE lasted many years, but did eventually die a few years ago. My A1-X1000 is still running reliably, despite the graphics card swapping that it has had to endure over the years.

@Kicko
Sorry to hear that. Were only the last two LEDs lit? Or were some of the others lit too? That does make a difference.

Your description suggests puts the suspicion on yout A1-X1000 motherboard's power connector. The voltage faults that you describe could be caused by dirty or bent pins (although, with bent pins I doubt that you'd get the connector to plug in).

Before you give up on it, it might be worth checking that the ATX power connector is clean, that the memory modules are properly seated, etc. Also check that nothing fell behind the board (or even on top) that could short-circuit something. You may have tried those already, but you could always get "lucky" with a simple problem like dirty/rusty connectors.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I have done alot testing. No burned stuff or bent pins. Also first 2 leds are light sometimes but with not bright light like the last 2. You can barely see it. All the psu's runs fine on the pc.

I know at least 2 guys that had problems with their x1000. Pål but i dont remember what he did with his, only that he burned some part. Then theres epsilon had some problems too. others i dont know.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Sorry to hear that

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Marko

One thing I have learned with Amigas since the downfall of Commodore is that it tends to become necessary to run with the same hardware for years or decades longer than planned. I enjoy using my X1000 tremendously and see it as a very special machine. I figured owning two specimens would increase my chances of doing so for as long as I want to. In other words, redundancy -- and knowing I could get an extra Nemo motherboard easily if not cheaply in 2015. In 2016, that's no longer possible.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mbrantley

Oh I see, thanks for the reply

/me ending off-topic

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Hans

I am using a Club 3D Radeon R250E LP DDR5 card (rebadged Radeon HD7750)on my Sam460cr board. Warp3D works with this card

Amigaone X5000 AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
Radeon RX 550 Polaris
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@hans

6570hd 2GB .. no 3d
X5000

X5000/40 16GB
RasperryPi 1-2-3-4-(5)
A500 Mini.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Kicko

damn sorry for the bad luck I had a strange issue with not booting up my X1K that took me a month to solve a few years back and posted the fix on the wiki and hyperions forums as below:

----------------------------------------------
Re: Dead X1000? :(

Postby 328gts » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:08 am

AmigaNG wrote:
Back Online, :D X1000 all fixed, the awesome guys over at Amigakit, helped to get my machine back pretty quickly and all it cost for the service was the postage. Also now have the latest Firmware and bought the Ubuntu Live DVD which is pretty dam cool to play with on the machine. Great work to the guys who worked on this. But the best thing about getting my machine back is enjoying the updated browser and Youtube running in the browser it great to see we finally have a pretty powerful and up to date browser. lets keep this party going.

So what was the problem, it looks like it was the Reset switch / Connectors so you can add this too the wiki of thing to check if you have a X1000 problem. disconnect the reset switch and it may work. simple when you bloody know. ;)

thanks Amigakit and everyone else who tried to help, great community we have.

great news it was an easy & quick fix afterall :D

PLEASE do update the wiki as I had a similar 'easy fix problem' that took me months to solve see below, the more info we have like this can save future owners ALOT of grief.

TO SOLVE ISSUE OF X1000 NOT BOOTING UP:

" 328gts wrote:@ xeno74

ok thanks for the info.

let's start:
- turn off power to PSU
- remove plug from PSU
- remove power connector to NEMO
- take out one ram card (leave only one to the right of PA6T i.e closest to back of case)
- plug power connector back on NEMO
- connect PSU power & switch on PSU
- turn on X1000

if X1000 boots up to WB, press and hold the power button for 3-5 seconds & it should shut off.

Thats on the button, :). Can we sticky this, :).
Or add it to wiki under trouble shooting?

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans

Well...
AmigaOnes was REALLY so old than A1X1000...
Sorry but the bad feeling remains...naturally I hope that in percentage that was low but whe cant know that...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Sam440-Flex Radeon 9250 128 MB (pass. cooled)
AmigaOne-XE Radeon 9250 256MB (pass. cooled)
AmigaOne-X1000 RadeonHD 5450 (pass. cooled)

What are the advantages of using a higher-end graphics card with AmigaOS?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kicko

Sorry to hear about your X1000 Hope it can be fixed

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Hans
RadeonHD 7750 in my sam460ex and RadeonHD 7970 in my X1000

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
One 7750 1Gb and one 4650 512Mb,both passive cooled on the X1000

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »