Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)
Re: Timberwolf RC3 available
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Quote:

Yep expecially if they finally complete the PPC JIT support, but no news for now

For sure we can't hold hope for, they probably will say something "ppc jit was done for mos only, and wasn't part of bounty blablblabl" :)

Quote:

Aniway while we wait it might worth to continue with the "interim" release, some little bugs still in current 1.23 and would be nice to have them fixed while we wait for a new snapshot of Odyssey !

Why not :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
For sure we can't hold hope for, they probably will say something "ppc jit was done for mos only, and wasn't part of bounty blablblabl" :)

Naa don't be too pessimistic

Quote:
Why not :)

Good, if you need i have already a couple of problems that are almost always reproducible in 1.23, well along with my long list of problem related to MUI MPlayer but this is another story ... just hope you will have the motivation :-/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

Good, if you need i have already a couple of problems that are almost always reproducible in 1.23, well along with my long list of problem related to MUI MPlayer but this is another story ... just hope you will have the motivation :-/

I may be wrong, but i don't think kas1e will be available

He said:
Quote:

No from me (as i not programmer, just know some basic stuff).

So we might need to find another coder who is willing to take care of the bugs (and maybe optimizations)

I'm all for updating/bug fixing Odyssey as long as there isn't an alternative on-par, i have a few bugs/behaviours myself i'd love to have fixed

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
I may be wrong, but i don't think kas1e will be available

Why not ?
He already did various fixes in various interim releases availible somewhere in this forum (latest are the beta 9) .. if he want he can work some more into and then release it, nothing impossible ...

Quote:
So we might need to find another coder who is willing to take care of the bugs (and maybe optimizations)

Odyssey is completely different than MPlayer, what we need in Odyssey is a completely rewrite of the video part, but the browser is pratically 99% finished.

The video part need a rewrite because Fab used CyberGraphiX while we should have a native OS4 implementation instead

So yes kas1e need an external help for rewriting the video part, but all the rest (excluding little bugs and maybe the spellcheck functionality) are pratically done already

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79
i am thinking about it to create another bounty for Odyssey
The goal should be:
-Full hardware video playback using LiveforitMplayer, RadeonHD2.x driver
-LiveforitMPlayer should be the default videoplayer for Odyssey
-Videoplayer must be embedded in Odyssey like the default mediaplayer
-Javascript optimization for heavy webpages like Facebook etc.
-Ahi fixing
-JIT PPC optimization
-Downloads should also be added into the browser without a second window (as an option)

Any suggestion?

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

...and should be able to easily switch between Fullscreen and Window...

-Downloads should also be added into the browser without a second window (as an option)
...Please don't make it an option, but a requirement!
I'd fancy a little information window only with the name of the downloading file (limited to some 30 or so characters, so that more than one downloads can be shown, just like tabs) on the bottom bar of Odyssey (like all modern browsers have it)...with the possibility to click on it to open a pull-down menu where one can "Cancel", "Stop" and "Restart" (greyed out of course, depending on which is available)...

- Add a rudimentary download manager (see point above)

- Built against the newest libs to cover all the latest security holes
(that might mean to port those libs in the first place, though)

-Built against the latest webkit
(again, that might mean *a lot* of work beforehand)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy

I don't see any of that points as feasible, explain below:

Quote:
-Full hardware video playback using LiveforitMplayer, RadeonHD2.x driver
-LiveforitMPlayer should be the default videoplayer for Odyssey

Odyssey have its own video player already, you can't take MPlayer and just slip it inside Odyssey, it will be a completely nonsense not to mention that even if possible it will be huge work alone, by the way i doubt it will be any fast ..

Also using the hardware acceleration of RadeonHD will simply cut off all the other users that still using the older Radeon 9xxx card (the vast majority if you count the old AmigaOne and the Sam440)

What we need is (starting from the current code) rewriting the CyberGraphiX parts with their Picasso96 (or graphics.library) counterparts, in short we should change the current code with somethings more native (OS4) code, then of course any optimization can be done starting by that

Quote:
-Javascript optimization for heavy webpages like Facebook etc.
-JIT PPC optimization

JIT is already in the work by a MorphOS developer (Bigfoot if i remember correctly) so better wait for him rathen then start anything related by scratch .. if he succeeds (crossing finger) then we might backport it easily along with an eventual future release of Odyssey

Quote:
-Ahi fixing

What problem do you have ?

Quote:

Well personally i don't have any problem with the separate window (look almost standard), however eventually you might ask Fab directly, he might add it as alternative solution

Aniway create a bounty can be a good idea, but any kind of specific should be decided by (eventual) developers.

What i will suggest for a realistic bounty is that:

1 - Port Odyssey 1.24+

2 - Rewrite the CyberGraphiX codes with their Picasso96 (or graphics.library or whatelse) native counterparts, then optimize

3 - Add a SpellChecker support as in MorphOS (someone need to rewrite a similar library for AmigaOS4)

4 - Fix the remaining bugs (still some)

5 - Port SWFDec from MorphOS ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:
2 - Rewrite the CyberGraphiX codes with their Picasso96 (or graphics.library or whatelse) native counterparts, then optimize

That be graphics.library for AmigaOS4.1FE, Picasso96 is legacy.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So I guess as far as my question was concerned, no one is using TW with old addons.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

When i listen to music over AmigaAmp and start then a video in Odyssey, there is no sound ouput. I have to close AmigaAmp first and then to start the video again for sound output.

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)