Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 103

AMIGASYSTEM, sTix, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Timberwolf beta 4 available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ raziel

did you try to bookmark something with the normal bookmarks menu ? I didn't test the star thing a lot, so maybe it's an issue with this specifically...

Try enabling the bookmarks toolbar, then visit a web page and drag & drop the webpages icon (in front of the URL bar) to the bookmarks toolbar, and see if that works...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ raziel

ok, disregard my other mail then ;)

By the way, you can install the browser in a different place than the CurrentUserProfile. Basically, the browser just looks for a "CURRENTUSER:" assign and creates it's profile data and database there. So with a bit of manual tweaking of the startup batch file, you can move it anywhere you like.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:
@All

I cannot get paste function to work, anyone else experiencing this?

I thought the same until I realised you had to use CTRL instead of the proper Right-Amiga keys.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden

Quote:
By the way, you can install the browser in a different place than the CurrentUserProfile. Basically, the browser just looks for a "CURRENTUSER:" assign and creates it's profile data and database there.

What assign do I put in s:userstartup?
There is no mention of this in the readme.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great work! Posting from it right now!

Obey the christmas presents!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ swoop

You don't have to put anything there, it's just if you want to have the profile data saved on a different partition because your disk with Timberwolf on it is JXFS (which does not support the record locking necessary for sqlite3).

If you want to modify your user-startup with an appropriate assign, remove the assignment from the "Timberwolf" script, and add something like this to s:user-startup

assign CURRENTUSER: workbench:some_dir_on_wb

Note: Do not modify s:startup-sequence, it might be modified by installation of AmigaOS updates.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
I thought the same until I realised you had to use CTRL instead of the proper Right-Amiga keys.

See the bugtracker, there's a enhancement I put in myself that will deal with that, basically handling right Amiga and CTRL as the same key

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sicky

To copy & paste i had to use Ctl_C then A_V (Ctl_V did not work) to copy elsewhere than in Timberwolf

@TFrieden.

Thanks for a big improvement in usability

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Home now and CTRL-V works for paste funtion which makes it so much more useable! Also noticed a little bit faster here on my SAM460 which is good news too. Will try it a bit more but think MUIOWB will be my default browser until major speed increase, but all in all very good work and pleased with results

SAM 460 with 2GB or RAM, 1000GB HD, 4 port SATA, DVDRW drive and Radeon HD 4650 GFX card.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Thank you again

@all

Anybody has problems with cookies?
Especially this site Amiga-News seems to lose the cookie information after a reboot?

Simple way to try is to visit the site and set the days displayed to anythin else than "3".

Reboot and come again...back to 3 days shown for me

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt
Quote:
Well that is the problem I think ?RAM DISK:? has a space symbol in there. Try rename "RAM DISK:" to "RAMDISK" and try again.

It's better to rename it to RAMDISK: and then assign "Ram DIsk" to ram: because other apps may be looking for "Ram Disk:"

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

tfrieden wrote:
See the bugtracker, there's a enhancement I put in myself that will deal with that, basically handling right Amiga and CTRL as the same key

Sounds good

What's the URL for the bugtracker ?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@BillE

Quote:

What's the URL for the bugtracker ?

http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissues&softwareid=19

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

sicky wrote:
@BillE
Home now and CTRL-V works for paste funtion which makes it so much more useable!

Golded uses the CTRL button too for quite a lot of the cut'n'paste stuff, that's what made me try it. I don't have a PC either and am not a Linux fan. I think the Mac version of Firefox used the Mac/Amiga key too, though since getting an X1000 (and still have the XE) do not have the desk space for it so the Mac has not been used for a good while.

Quote:

Also noticed a little bit faster here on my SAM460 which is good news too. Will try it a bit more but think MUIOWB will be my default browser until major speed increase, but all in all very good work and pleased with results

That was my first impression, the responsiveness and speed has had a huge boost. In fact it may be faster than MUI-OWB on my X1000.

Likewise MUIOWB is still my main browser but TW has come on really well well with the last update. Especially the cut'n'paste, I tend to use that a lot so the previous versions were not really useable for me. This one is.

The twins have done a damned good job. Once they have all the Amiga niceties too (not for a while I know) it could well become the best browser around.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Thanks, I have just added it to my MUIOWB favourites file.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

xenic wrote:

It's better to rename it to RAMDISK: and then assign "Ram DIsk" to ram: because other apps may be looking for "Ram Disk:"
But it's best to leave it the way it's meant to be named and fix the programs which are found to stumble on it.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden

Even with beta 4 sometime i got problems at startup, see crashlog.

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/index.ph ... ction=view&crashlogid=335

Problem point to the usual FontConfig but MUI OWB was not opened nor launched before

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Ken
Quote:
Hmmm ... 'read-me' file says different, but it doesn't look like Mason's work to me.

The 'read-me' allways tells the truth! (see details in PM)

@cha05e90
Quote:
But maybe we see the first incarnation of a future AmigaOS4.2 design evolution (i.e. the drawer icon base is different to the current one...)

Totally correct! After I get aware that I am not a real (icon) God, I have to use an evolutionary process to do the icons. (Stone him!) Meanwhile the final design is finished and it looks slightly different.

@Chris
Quote:
It's an unhappy drawer rather than a happy drawer

No need to panic! The new drawers will smile again!

Martin "Mason" Merz
www.masonicons.de

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . .
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mason

Quote:
After I get aware that I am not a real (icon) God

Huh? You definitely are!

Quote:
Meanwhile the final design is finished and it looks slightly different.

Very interesting - I'll look forward to whatever you're going to create!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden
Quote:
I'll see if there's anything I can do in terms of assembler optimization (the X86 version has a few AFAIK), so it might be usa

Don't forget the special sam (440/460) optimization. Having had a talk with one of the main GCC developer, gcc have already the DSP optiomization library by using the appropriate coomand line switch. Other optimization can be done in assembler.

Thank you

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »