Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: OWB 3.27
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Works good so far but only one problem and thats loading local html files from harddisk. I posted a bugreport

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Vulture

Quote:
I think that the charsets you disabled have broken greek text support, try www.in.gr for example, it's all unreadable now. I copied the older one from 3.25 and I'm working ok now, but maybe you should check it out again, maybe you removed something that you didn't intend to.
Ooops, of course greek should still work. I've uploaded a fixed version, use "lzma d icudata.owb.lzma icudata.owb" to unpack it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Quote:

samo79 wrote:
Well how about compling two different release, one without SVG for slower machines and the other one with SVG enabled ?

Lack of time?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joerg

thanks for this continuous effort.

could you give some attention to the arexx port please?
I would be happy to have a WINDOWTFRONT command.
Changing the window's dimension and position from arexx would be nice too.

Some problems i noted:
The readme states :"
WINDOWLEFT, WINDOWTOP, WINDOWWIDTH and WINDOWHEIGHT: Position and size
of the window, defaults 0, {underneath the screen title bar}, 1024,
768"
That does not seem to be true: the title bar is hidden, when those tooltypes are commented out.
Using WINDOWTOP=0 also positions OWB at the top of the screen, not under the screen title bar (I have to use WINDOWTOP=30 to acheave this)

The PUBSCREEN tooltype does not work for?me. Commenting the line out still gives me the Workbench screen.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Ok for the SVG(also if I think that more option better program...), but th cairo lib cant be linked statically for os4.0 and dinamically for 4.1+ checking he hot OS?
So we can get a better performance where we can...

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@JosDuchIt Quote:
The PUBSCREEN tooltype does not work for?me.

Works for me. Have you defined the named public screen in Sys:Prefs/Screens?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuxedo

Quote:
but th cairo lib cant be linked statically for os4.0 and dinamically for 4.1+ checking he hot OS?
If AmigaOS 4.0 would have had working shared objects support already different versions of libcairo.so could be used, but since that's not the case 2 different OWB executables, one for AmigaOS 4.0 statically linked with libcairo.a and one for AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2 using the shared libcairo.so instead, would be required.

Quote:
So we can get a better performance where we can...
Worse, not better
Using hardware accelerated AmigaOS bitmap surfaces in OWB is much slower than the software-only image surfaces I'm currently using. Some image operations are of course much faster with hardware accelerated bitmap surfaces, but since text rendering is much slower the average speed is much slower as well.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Thanks for the suggestion.

Works OK now too.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg
I'll probably become very unpopular now but, it's not time to drop OS4.0 support? OWB has become very reliable and con be used by OS4.0 users proficiently for some year without changes (see IBrowse). What i'm saying here is Sam440 are pretty affordable and OS4.x is progressing nicely. If someone really wants latest/full featured versions of the programs should upgrade.
So you could start using "advanced" OS features like dynamic linking, Cairo, new pthreads library versions...

Can you also explain me why the your Cairo text rendering is faster than the OS built in version? Can your changes be applied to the OS as well?

Thanks
Riccardo

P.S. BTW Great job with OWB!!!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Antique

I would allready be glad being able to copy to clipboard the URL of the file to download (as appearing downthe page when hovering over the link).
This would permit capturing a number of them and using WGet or cURL.

BTW i looked at CURL which is on OS4Depot but not in a readily usable form.
Is anybody using it & if so could the executables be uploaded?
It seems that cURL permits to know the size of a file to download
using which interests me in the first place in a download manager.
I don't see an equivalent with WGet
curl -I/--head

(HTTP/FTP/FILE) Fetch the HTTP-header only! HTTP-servers feature the command HEAD which this uses to get nothing but the header of a document. When used on a FTP or FILE file, curl displays the file size and last modification time only.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Quote:
I don't see an equivalent with WGet
curl -I/--head
wget -S --spider

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Richi

Quote:
I'll probably become very unpopular now but, it's not time to drop OS4.0 support?
No, after TimberWolf is released the AmigaOS 4.0 users, and maybe a few AmigaOS 4.1 users with too few RAM, will be the only ones still using OWB.

Quote:
Can you also explain me why the your Cairo text rendering is faster than the OS built in version?
It's probably not faster than the AmigaOS font rendering, but graphics.library Text() can't be used in a browser because it's limited to 8 bit charsets. A browser has to support unicode text rendering.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

thx for the quick fix :) btw, plz keep OS 4.0 classic support for as long as it doesn't drag OWB down much, it's really good to use it on an 603@330/256mb RAM even if it's an unusual setup, it really is useful, why break it if it's not a big problem?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@JosDuchIt

Quote:
I would allready be glad being able to copy to clipboard the URL of the file to download (as appearing downthe page when hovering over the link).
For normal links you can do that with the middle mouse button popup menu.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

This version works fine on OS4.0

Thanks!

Coder

Can't get enough of me?
The Bucket Diary
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

JosDuchIt wrote:
@Antique

This would permit capturing a number of them and using WGet or cURL.

Have you looked at ClipDown on OS4Depot?
WIth it you can copy the URL link in OWB by holding down the middle or right mouse buttion over the link and select copy to clipboard. Then just click the clipdown button and the file will be downloaded in a seperate process using wget. You can have multiple downloads at once. It also does much more than just downloading.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg
Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes probably considering Timberwolf as the next bigger player, OS4.0 compatibility could still make sense.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Resized Image

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd
No, i did not know Clipdown. Thanks, i'll give it a try
zzz
OK I did: the problem is, so it seems, that you have to to copy the URL to clipboard first. This is not possible, without downloading the archive first with OWB

When your pointer is hovering over the link you do see the URL in the lower bar, but as soon as you move the pointer to 'capture this URL' it disappears.
In IBrowse when the requester asks you where to save the archiven you can cancel this and the URL will appear in the URL textin gadget.
In OWB the URL is the page you are still on, maybe this is logic, but it is not helpful.
This would be i think, a simple thing for Joerg to change

Edited by JosDuchIt on 2010/5/8 19:39:16
Edited by JosDuchIt on 2010/5/8 19:41:09
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
i hope there is a OS4.1 or TimberWolf for classic.

their say classic amigas dont have enough CPU power for TimberWolf but the Cyberstorm mite be fast enough but may not have enough memory.

as for 4.1 on classic i think the same may be true CPU power.

but modifyed Blizzard PPC cards now have the same power as a Cyberstom PPC 200Mhz with added extra 128Mb of memory.

im wondering is this not enough for TimberWolf or OS4.1?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »