Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 61

skynet, nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: Native Look, with no blocky pixels
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

If it looks identical, maybe Aladdin happens to run natively at 25 FPS (like, f.ex., Ruff'n'Tumble).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@saimo

Btw, maybe i am wrong, but imho many games for classic amigas done as 25fps only ? (because of TVs, etc) ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Btw, maybe i am wrong, but imho many games for classic amigas done as 25fps only ? (because of TVs, etc) ?

On the contrary, I'd say the majority runs a 50 FPS (and there are also some that update parts of the graphics at 50 FPS and some other parts at 25 FPS).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1 Quote:
I found _VERY GOOD SPEEDUP_ of all the whdload games. .... i have cpu_speed=max

RunInUAE has had this E-UAE setting as standard since first release...

BTW, if you dislike glUAE's installation/helper scripts so much, then try RunInUAE again: It needs no such things, since it does pretty everything automatically, you just double-click on a game to run it.

And if you want to modify the default UAE config for a game, then simply copy the .uaerc_RunInUAE file to the game's directory, and then edit that

I've done (nearly) everything possible to make RunInUAE extremely simple/easy to use...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

What about that window, which spawn all the time when i run 68k programm ? In the alpha4 runuae have any options to disable it at all ?

ps. Related to glUAE, i like it and use it for now, just these helpers not need it for me, because without it pretty easy to setup. More of it, i found glUAE scripts a bit easy from first looks if compare with RunInUAE. Because in general, all those Drag&drops and many questions about AmigaForever CD and that spawn windows with words "you can drag here 68k apps but you need rerun euae" looks a bit complicated and un-needit (imho of course). glUAE in that case won, just because it's only 1 script and nothing more.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
What about that window, which spawn all the time when i run 68k programm ? In the alpha4 runuae have any options to disable it at all ?

What "window which spawn all the time"? What does it contain?

Quote:
many questions about AmigaForever CD

It only asks you ONCE for the AF CD, during installation, and that is to make it *easier* for people who don't understand how E-UAE works. If you already have Kickstarts & Workbench installed, then no need for it.

Quote:
that spawn windows with words "you can drag here 68k apps but you need rerun euae" looks a bit complicated and un-needit (imho of course).

This is to avoid problems for users who do not read the manual. But if you dislike it then just set CX_POPUP=NO in the tooltype.

Quote:
glUAE ... only 1 script and nothing more.

AFAIK, glUAE needs configuring for every single game, which looks like a nightmare to me. I just wanted to run 68k games without hassle, which is why I wrote RunInUAE.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

AFAIK, glUAE needs configuring for every single game, which looks like a nightmare to me. I just wanted to run 68k games without hassle, which is why I wrote RunInUAE.

Even with any easy possible solution, every game in all the cases need some "tuning", so all in all it's always need manually edit config of e-uae.. How do i for now with glUAE: i make one time config, and then, just copy it for every new game + some tunning inside realted to game itself only.

For example for window mode, all the games have different size (some one 605x450, some on 640x420, all the games different if you want to avoid black empty borders). So, for every game i need manually (in any case) change uae config.

+ For example SuperStardustAGA need cpu_speed not max (because with max, it's works wrong). For Aladdin, need add FrameSkip=2 (not 1 as by default) and so on. Anyway manual tunning all the time.

So in end all of this not so matter (runinuae or gluae), because you still can't do everything good in automatic mode (because of emulator itself). But coping 1 file manualy from directory to directory, or install runinuae, not give you that "ideal result", and you still need that manual boring setup to make your game works fine.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e Quote:
Even with any easy possible solution, every game in all the cases need some "tuning", so all in all it's always need manually edit config of e-uae..

I have to disagree: With the MAJORITY of games, the default provided with RunInUAE works fairly well. So I can just double-click & run it! (YMMV)

In the few cases where I might want/need to change the config, well, I have that option. But *having* to create a config (for glUAE) before I can even *try* a game seems like a major pain to me.

edit: However, as you seem to like doing everything by hand, I guess you might not see it as such a pain. But IMHO for most users it will be.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)