Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB better than FireFox!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Flash implementation is too slow to be really useable, especially on the smallest OS4 machines.

I hope Andrea and Fabien can optimize their Flash player but I don't know if it's simple or not.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Elwood

Yes very good.
Now I wonder how many people can watch that movie in OWB on OS4, I'll guess none at least not without downloading it and watching it in a separate video player. How about the same question for Firefox users, well all of them can watch it in browser.
Can you see the irony.

A1XE G4 800Mhz, 512Mb, Sil0680, ATI9200se 128Mb, Sounblaster Live & Catweazle Mk3 with SID chip +OS4.1.
A4000 233MhzPPC/04025Mhz, 112Mb, CyberPPC, OS3.9
Other Amiga's A4000, A2000 A500+, A500 & various hardware. 15+ other retro machines.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@daff

Quote:

Flash implementation is too slow to be really useable, especially on the smallest OS4 machines.

Depends what you really use. Video is of course demanding, but there are many other uses in Flash besides video.

@Arnie
Quote:

Now I wonder how many people can watch that movie in OWB on OS4, I'll guess none at least not without downloading it and watching it in a separate video player. How about the same question for Firefox users, well all of them can watch it in browser.
Can you see the irony.

You'll probably be able to see that kind of thing on OS4 in the future too, once GNASH plugin is available.

Here's what it gives on MorphOS (with swfdec)... :) http://fabportnawak.free.fr/swfdec-owb-plugin6.png

But anyway, it's way more efficient to stream the youtube stream with MPlayer (with the link retrieved by getvideo, for instance).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab

It's seems pretty cool !

When will be released ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab

OWB is one of the reasons I decided to buy OS4.1

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79

Like daff said, it's currently a bit slow for video stuff (depending on the player.. googlevideo is rather fast, youtube is really slower, dailymotion is in between, ...). All this comes down to Flash script overhead (which explains the difference between players) and rendering method used by swfdec.

While the current plugin is still usable for other stuff, I'd rather try to find a way to accelerate it a bit more before releasing it. :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab

That's fine, altrought i'm a OS4 user would be nice to have a beta to try, consider that Flash isn't serves only for Videos but also for banners, animations and so on, all of them i think that it can be already usable

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)