Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Does anyone want to help develop Amiga games?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well the "Top-Secret Multiplayer Game" was Tank Wars Deluxe, from Graham Humphrey, who also started Annihilation before passing it on to NovaCoder and Anakirob, who decided to reprogram it in C instead of Blitz Basic, but then abandoned it. So those two games have been abandoned and buried now. :(

Halloween Nightmare is still a dream project for me and it's my goal in life to finish it. Progress is extremely slow, but the characters have a lot of thought put into them, as well as the story and locations.

Super Pumpkin Bros has been abandoned due to lack of interest from the developers. :(

Change It is a fully playable game in its current state, and could be considered a finished product I suppose. I'm not sure if development continues but it has been one of the more actively developed games over the last few years, and there are plenty of skins available, though more would be welcome.

I don't really know what's happening with the others. Basically most Amiga game development has slowed over the last few years, many projects are cancelled and a lot of people have lost motivation. It's not helped by the fact that we have no Amiga development/project forums to post on.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:
It's not helped by the fact that we have no Amiga development/project forums to post on.

UtilityBase appears to be being rebuilt (but I dunno if that will fix the server virus/etc problem, nor when it will be finished).

OS4 coders have amigans.net & os4coding.net, and PortablE has its own forum. Which covers my primary interests, so I haven't looked hard for other forums, but I'd be a little surprised if they didn't exist.

BTW, amigans.net actually covers OS3 too, so those coders can (and do!) ask questions here.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cammy

Have you looked into GMane.org? If you send an email to the proper address, it will start a mailing list with an NNTP feed for use with the NewsCoaster newsgroup reader on the Aminet. It also has a web interface that should work with the Amiga as well.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well i have just purchased a copy Amos Creator and Amos 3D and i have been reading tutorials on the software, i have never done anything like this but i intend to learn so hopefully in a few months when i have the confidence to create a game we will have something new to play :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)