Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

Kamelito, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Yet another OWB bookmarking tool
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I started making one, thinking it'd be cool to copy IBrowse, and import its bookmarks list.. but a few hours later after I had done most of it, I tried out the bookmark tool thats supplied with OWB 3.12.. and I kinda like it! It's simple and fast and easy...

Should I bother continuing with this? Does anyone even want it?
http://wookiechat.amigarevolution.com/wip/
It's okay if no one's interested, because its only one evening of work..

Go to top
Re: Yet another OWB bookmarking tool
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

It's nice, but why OWB hasn't a way to insert a bookmark entry into a menu like IBrowse? Your bookmark manager seems good (better than others?), but without an access from menu to bookmarked links I find all these solutions useless... and shows OWB UI from middle '90 ages with many windows opened at the same time...

If Joerg has no time to make a similar bookmark it could give an ARexx way to add a menu to OWB as Workbench does...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

Please keep up the good work. I personally like my bookmarks in a seperate window as I can then keepit open on the left side of the screen and have easy access to choose and add links. Your approach fit my usage well. If it could be opened from the External Bookmarks menu item that would be perfect. I tend to have a lot of bookmarks and menues become unwieldy to use.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@jahc

Looks nice. Finish it and release.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Antique

Yeah same from me as well.

Cheers Jahc

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

I like this function from IBrowse very much. Please finish and release it. I would be very happy about it

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@gurus2000

Just a note, that bookmark seems to me strictly related to MUI, OWB for OS4 use Reaction instead, so at this point a better solution is to follow the GUI rules

Aniway it's a nice work

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

I'll join the chorus:

a) Yeah, it looks like something I'd prefer over the current offerings, especially if it can directly import my old IBrowse bookmarks.

b) It would be great if we could also get menu access to the bookmarks.

c) I'd also prefer Reaction over MUI for this (because OWB uses Reaction) - but it is not crucial for me.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
a) Yeah, it looks like something I'd prefer over the current offerings, especially if it can directly import my old IBrowse bookmarks.

c) I'd also prefer Reaction over MUI for this (because OWB uses Reaction) - but it is not crucial for me.

a) it imports IBrowse bookmarks right now as it is.

b) I cant add menus to OWB's main window. I could add it to the bookmark tools windows though.. but then you'd still need to open the bookmarks tool..

c) I'm good and familiar with MUI. I wont use Reaction sorry guys. :(

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

What about fixing RockBeat first ?!

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
i'd like to see a central bookmark manager which can then be used by all installed browsers/mailers/ftp clients/...
actually there is one available - "contact manager". unfortunately not very stable here currently and not in development. but afaik it is sourceforged. just enable owb to make use of it and voil?. also yam should be enabled to do so.
or maybe introduce a new central "favorites" manager?

byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

I have few problems with RockBEAT.. please email me and we can discuss it, and work with each other on fixing it..

james.carroll (at)xnet.co.nz

It's hard fixing software when it fails to crash for myself. It sounds like you get plenty of crashes so you can help me. :)

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Doesn't Contact Manager use OpenURL? So it should work with OWB anyway?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Okay, the first 90% of the program is complete. Now I just have to do the second 90% and figure out how to save the data from my nlistree trees properly. (It gets mucked up easily with newly added sub trees and sub-sub trees).

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Looking good

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@jahc

You just continue to use mui ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Chris

Quote:

Chris wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

Doesn't Contact Manager use OpenURL? So it should work with OWB anyway?

yes. of course with contactmanager as the source it works fine.
but cm would need to be integrated to:
- let owb add urls to it
- let owb display the cm content in a menu
- let owb start cm

*afaik* the api of cm fully supports all those.

all in all there should really be no need to organize "bookmarks" (urls, mails, whatever, contact data like phone, addresses, telephone numbers, whatever) in different programs xxx times. one central component and all other programs can make use of it. maybe this really should be a central os component one day.

byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
That would only be possible if it's integrated into OWB.

Quote:
For an external bookmark tool the GUI system used doesn't matter, just like for example with the Hollywood OWB AddressBook from Paul E. Bloedel.
If it should be integrated into OWB it has to have an AmigaOS BOOPSI GUI like the "OWB GUI" from George Sokianos which I'm currently using in OWB (http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... twork/browser/owb_gui.lha ), and I need the sources of it, with a BSD or similar licence.

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@joerg
Would it be possible to save the website favicons somewhere so that we could integrate them into the bookmark windows?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Sorry about this.. but my app needs yet another compromise.. I cant get my trees to save properly. It's only reliable with one level of groups in your root level.. groups inside groups with entries scattered inside and in between... its pretty messed up!

For the time being, I've made it just turn Subgroups into Groups on the next line down.. if you get what I mean. This retains the data, avoids crashes, and is an alright band aid solution I guess. :)

Edited by jahc on 2009/5/12 13:45:27
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »