Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 3.12
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Just when I thought it was safe to use OWB 3.12 exclusively, it crashed while closing the Smilies page on amiga.org. I can reproduce this crash about 6 times out of 10.

Reply to a post,
click on the (more...) smilies link below the text window.
it does not matter if you actually click on a smilie on the smilies page
click on the Close button at the bottom of the smilies page.

Guru Meditation: 80000003
Task 0x6cc1e910 ("OWB")
generated an error of type ISI (Instruction Storage Interrupt)

Crashlog sent to OS4Depot.

---
redfox

UPDATE ... crash happens at all three amiga sites...
amiga.org amigaworld.net and amigans.net

Crashes when I click the Close button at the botton of the Smilies page.

Edited by redfox on 2009/5/5 3:46:41
Edited by redfox on 2009/5/5 3:47:34
Edited by redfox on 2009/5/5 3:48:25
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@redfox

I was going to report this too. But somebody had reported it before me. OWB opens that smileys page in the same tab so there's nothing to close actually. I guess that might be the problem.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Nice work, - like the steady updates....
...but I had to file a bug report on os4depot on a crash that happens everytime I try to visit this site: http://www.gesunda.com/sv/MTB_North

I also cannot fill in my time report cards at my employer adecco.se. I can log in and everything but when I try to access my weekly time report card I just get a page saying "Error" and a "Back" button that doesn't work. That site uses iframes and JS quite a lot. Something is wrong there anyway and I don't know what

I hate needing to use a PC for this seemingly simple task. Perhaps it's simply a matter of spoofing? The page may look for "known" browsers..? But then it should complain earlier I think, not letting me log in or anything.

Actually, lack of spoofing prevented me from entering a site recently. Trying IBrowse spoofing as FF1.5 let me in and it worked fine which was unexpected on such a site (can't remember which now)

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
here:

http://tamar.net/phpBB/login.php

It is not possible to click on the "Log me automatically .." Checkbox. This didnt work in any OWB version. But it seems to be a normal <input>-metatag?:

<span class="gen"> Log me automatically each visit: <input class="post" type="checkbox" name="autologin" /></span>

nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Is there a change I could make in settings which would keep the OWB window from resizing itself way beyond the limits of the screen?

Newegg.com and motors.ebay.com do this on a regular basis. Once this happens, it becomes nearly impossible to move the text with the horizontal scrollbar, and grabbing the window to move it so I can get the resize gadget takes many attmepts before I can bring the window back down to size again.

OS4.1 running a 1680x1050 screen at 32ARGB.

HOME=http://foxnews.com/
SEARCH=http://google.com/search?q=%s
(SEARCH=http://exalead.com/search/results?q=%s)
MINFONTSIZE=12
(FONTXDPI=84)
(FONTYDPI=84)
UNICODEFONT=Bitstream Cyberbit
WINDOWLEFT=0
WINDOWTOP=31
WINDOWWIDTH=1462
WINDOWHEIGHT=944
(CONFIRMQUIT)
(PUBSCREEN=OrigynWebBrowser)
BOOKMARKCOMMAND=OWBAddressBook/AddressBook -%s
FONTKERNING
FONTHINTER=3
CONTEXTMENURMB
TABS
(STARTPAGE=about:)
COOKIES=PROGDIR:cookieCollection.txt

With these settings, I have the bookmark window running to the right of the OWB screen and fill the width of the display, and leave my bottom docky exposed.

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Deniil

Quote:
Actually, lack of spoofing prevented me from entering a site recently. Trying IBrowse spoofing as FF1.5 let me in and it worked fine which was unexpected on such a site (can't remember which now)
The User-Agent can be changed by setting the environment variable OWB_USER_AGENT, use something like
setenv OWB_USER_AGENT "OWB/3.12 (AmigaOS 4.1; ppc; U)"
in a shell before starting OWB.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Paul

Quote:
Is there a change I could make in settings which would keep the OWB window from resizing itself way beyond the limits of the screen?
If it still happens with OWB version 3.12 the only way is disabling tabs and using multiple windows instead.
(Until the next AmigaOS update with newer version of clicktab.gadget is released.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nexus

Quote:
here:

http://tamar.net/phpBB/login.php

It is not possible to click on the "Log me automatically .." Checkbox. This didnt work in any OWB version. But it seems to be a normal <input>-metatag?:
Are you sure it doesn't work? Just because you can't see the black X on a black background doesn't mean it's not there

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

Quote:

Paul wrote:
WINDOWWIDTH=1462
WINDOWHEIGHT=944

I'm not sure what you're exactly asking but I have the same display as you... are these settings provided already or have you put them in? seems to me these aren't proper settings... perhaps only settings available in your screen prefs listing are truely supported...

i.e.

1440 x 900

If I'm way of the beaten track, never mind then

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Paul
Quote:

Once this happens, it becomes nearly impossible to move the text with the horizontal scrollbar, and grabbing the window to move it so I can get the resize gadget takes many attmepts before I can bring the window back down to size again.

[CTRL] + any [Amiga] - allows to drag a window by clicking anywhere in it.

[CTRL] + any [Alt] - allows to resize a window by clicking anywhere on one of its four sides (for horizontal or vertical resizing) or corners (for resizing on both axes simultaneously).

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:

Slayer wrote:
@Paul

Quote:

Paul wrote:
WINDOWWIDTH=1462
WINDOWHEIGHT=944

[...]

seems to me these aren't proper settings... perhaps only settings available in your screen prefs listing are truely supported...

i.e.

1440 x 900

If I'm way of the beaten track, never mind then

I think you are. The size of the window does not have to match the resolution of the screen (it doesn't even have to be smaller, but that's another story).

You can put (more or less) whatever you want as window size.

I'm on a 1600?1200 WB, and I use

WINDOWLEFT=64
WINDOWTOP=77
WINDOWWIDTH=1418
WINDOWHEIGHT=1046

- for an OWB window taking up most of the screen, but leaving some space along all four sides for AmiDock, disk icons, clock, etc.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
apart from the resize issue with Tabs my chief niggle is lack of a download progress bar or am I missing something.

I developed the same quarrel with OS4.1 when trying to copy via USB a near 4GB file. I did not succeed and had difficulty deciding whether or not to abort, or had it quit?, but that's a separate matter.

Noel

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

nbache wrote:
You can put (more or less) whatever you want as window size.

Understood for sure, I just think it's a little perculiar to have weird figures in your individual settings for applications when you can just drag the bottom right gadget anyway...

i.e.

I have the various browsers all open 1024x768 on my 1680x1050 display which is an ample size for most webpages

To have things positioned so precisely for your cpu experience to me is far too anal... heh... It's bit like what offline readers were to BBSs... half the fun was logging into seperate boards etc, if you needed an offline reader it stopped being fun and just turned into an information highway... yuck

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Thanks. I disabled tabs and all seems well now.

@Slayer

Quote:
To have things positioned so precisely for your cpu experience to me is far too anal... heh...

I got tired of opening the bookmark window everytime I wanted to go to another regular page. So I keep it open all the time as a tall skinny window next to the OWB display window. The position leaves the screen title bar and my bottom docky usable.

I guess one person's anal is another person's convenient. (or aesthetic, or whatever.) Screen grab

Besides, it's Amiga. . . we're actually ABLE to do things like this easily, so why not?

Paul

edit: added screen grab

Edited by Paul on 2009/5/11 15:10:04
Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

Quote:

Paul wrote:
Besides, it's Amiga. . . we're actually ABLE to do things like this easily, so why not?

Hey not fair, how can I argue that?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)