Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
61 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: OWB 3.9
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko

also i have a memory problem with anim gif, owb 3.7 is more robust and stable.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@all

OWB v3.9 locks up my system very quickly.
I have reverted to running it on Workbench so that I can see the cpu info docky, to see what's happening.
I have also upped the OWB stack to 1524288, to see if that helps.
but I just get randon freezes. I could be surfing for 20 mins, or 20 secs, there seems to be no pattern.

So it's back to 3.7 for me.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
did OWB 3.9 support character conversion ? I mean i have setuped russian keymap, set all system fonts to the russian fonts (courier cyrilic ones), and all system stuff works ok with russian (i.e. cli window, editpad, dopus, all work ok). But for owb, i can only type in russian in url string, but when i tryed write in some forum, i see only bad characters, like owb not handle corrected font. And i just cant found in OWB options for setting font for it. Any help ?:) Maybe i can do somethink like : owb font=fonts:courier new.font ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ all

I have just started to use OWB 3,7 and 3.9. I can use them
to look at my favourite websites and get to my email accounts
at both YahooUK and Crawler.com. When I log into my email
account at Tiscali.co.uk it states, Your browser does not
appear to be accepting cookies. Is this a feature that is
missing in OWB or do I need to install or enable something.

regards
clint

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've just added an OWB3.9 bug to the bug site as you can see below. Please try it to see if it is common issue.

The report:
When you type in form text input fields, horribly memory is allocating. One keypress is approx 0.5 MB!

Try to type in the right text area on the following site:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/showit.asp?filename=tryhtml_textarea

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just saw a video from some guy where OWB3.9 runs about 1-2 seconds. On my system it's got always 15-20 seconds for run. Any idea what can be wrong ?

Edited by kas1e on 2009/4/3 13:06:14
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

OWB 3.9 takes about the same time to start here (~1s). Maybe it's your filesystem (I use JXFS here, block size: 512), or you haven't enabled UDMA for your harddrive (I use UDMA 5)?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

I use SFS02 with blocksize=1024 and buffers=600 on my work partition. For System partition i have DOS07 with the same params (blocksize=1024 and buffers are 600).

About second one:
Quote:

6.RAM Disk:> idetool -u peg2ide.device 0
-------------------Unit 0 information------------------------
Flags : $000001A5 - present, supports DMA, ATA, supports acoustic mgmt, supports cache flush, interrupts used,
Xfer mode : best pio 12 (PIO 4, 16 MB/s) / best dma 69 (UDMA 5, 100 MB/s) / current 69 (UDMA 5, 100 MB/s)
Total blocks : 39179952
Blocksize : 512
Power mode : 2 / idle (ready for operation)
IO1 / IO2 / BMCR @ : $1000 / $100E / $1020

6.RAM Disk:>

ps. i create a tested JFS partion (512 blocksize, 600 buffers), then try to run owb from it - the same. I.e. window of owb bringing up for one second. And, this empty window are empty for 15 seconds. And only after 15 seconds i have welcome page and url string. I.e. like somethink (not hdd) slowdown it ,. But as i see on video (this one: http://www.exec.pl/screencast/sodipodi.avi). OWB runs and ready to use for 1 second. Nothink like long-waiting empty window.

After owb is loading, all works fast/etc. Tabs open fast, not problems at all. Only for first start.

ps2. more about: if i do iconify, and bring it back - its got again 15 second ! i.e. its bringing on screen with empty owb window again, and after 15 second it show the data. Like iconify = first start.

Somethink workbench setup realted ? maybe some options must be disabled or enabled ?

Edited by kas1e on 2009/4/3 17:40:26
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This will be my last comment regarding OWB 3.9. In general, I found this version to be very nice. Download feature was very useful and convenient. For general web browsing, I have not encountered any problems on any web sites except AmigaWorld. However, on AmigaWorld, my system would eat up memory like crazy and eventually freeze up solid if I left it too long. If I quit OWB before it froze and returned to Workbench, the memory would be released. It turns out that this condition only occured (or maybe was triggered) when certain animated gifs appeared in the OWB window. The little yellow guy who yells "GAAH" and wegster's avatar (the man at the desk typing wildly at his computer and tapping his foot) are two gifs that always caused problems for me. There may be others, but I have not isolated any others yet.

The only forum sites I routinely visit are amiga.org, AmigaWorld and amigans.net. So far, I have only encountered this problem on AmigaWorld.

At one point, I was going to use IBrowse for AmigaWorld and use OWB 3.9 for everything else.
I found it was simply easier to drop back to OWB 3.7 and call it a day.

For more information about the gif problem, see this thread in AmigaWorld.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/4/13 19:42:24
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@kas1e

SFS/00, SFS/02 and JXFS all require 512 blocksize.

You might want to increase the buffers to at least 1000, 600 is probably why it's slow for you.

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)