Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: OWB 3.8
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@K-L

Sorry, I'm talking about the new string.gadget....

I haven't explained enough on my previous post, sorry...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tonyw

Good grief no, go online with a PC, i'd rather juggle hand grenades or eat razorblades, i'd probably be safer.

I just mentioned the bug as it worked with the previous version, but no longer with 3.8

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
This version 3.8 is highly instable. I went back to 3.7

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
After 2 days want to say that yes, 3.8 are buggy. Many reapers randomly, and text typing are slowdown.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Seems it is not possible to use the scroll feature in the history dropdown; if I click on either the scrollbar gutter or the arrows, it reacts just like if I click on the main list -- it closes

What's this history dropdown ? I don't have it

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

You can only use it on Workbenchscreen until owb 3.9 is out.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@All

I have just downloaded, and extracted to Ram:
Installed sxpat library from OS4Depot, both the .so file and the library.

After half an hour no crashes. I wonder what is different on my system?

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

try the home button on the top of the page at amigaworld

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Swoop

You got one of the good ones? :)

Simon

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
Plus it looses all cookies, because it doesn't seem to write to the cookie file i gave it in Tooltypes COOKIEDB=Cache:OWB/CookieDB
I have to log in everytime i visit, last access to CookieDB was yesterday O_o

Cookies are working here. Maybe it's the way you named it. In my OWB TOOLTYPES it looks like:

COOKIEDB=Back:owbData/cookieCollection.db

There was no file when I started and a cookieCollection.db file about 6k long when I quit.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TiredOfLife

Pressing the home button on aw.net works here. Only problem i have so far is that i cant iconify when i have downloaded a file. It gives reaper or freezes the machine. OR else i can iconify.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I tried OWB 3.8 for most of the day yeaterday.
The good news:
1. I am now able to access my bank account.
2. I can download files directly.

The bad news:
1. OWB crashed when clicking the back arrow button to return to a previously visited URL. Crashlog submitted at OS4Depot this morning.
2. OWB freezes my system while entering text. I was unable to submit my crash log with OWB because it froze the system each time I tried.
3. OWB did seem to be using up memory but I was unable to use OWB long enough to use a substantial amount of memory. From my perspective the memory usage could have just been and expanding memory cache.

Does the OWB memory cache grow as more sites are visited and is there a max amount of memory it will use? It might be useful to have a TOOLTYPE to set the max cache size.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have also returned to OWB 3.7.

There were many features I liked about OWB 3.8, such as the popdown url thingy and download function, but I just got fed up with it crashing on amigaworld. So far I have not encountered any problems anywhere else.

Crashes on amigaworld ...

Yesterday, it crashed while I was composing a post when I tried to bring up the smilie page. After a reset, I surfed the net for over an hour at various web sites, including amigaworld, with no issues at all.

Last night, it crashed when I clicked on something in the upper left part of the screen. Can't remember if it was the back arrow or the AW boing ball. After a reset, no further problems.

This morning, it crashed when I clicked on "next page" on a thread I was reading on amigaworld.

That was enough for me.

---
redfox
MicroA1 with IBM PPC 750GX and 256 MB RAM
AmigaOS 4.1 with quick updates

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:
both the .so file and the library.

You may have something here. I was only using the expat.library. I'll see if it makes any difference if I have the libexpat.so file as well.

---
redfox

PS ...
I guess it is important to replace the old libexpat.so file that is already in my SObjs directory.

Edited by redfox on 2009/3/29 18:40:59
Edited by redfox on 2009/3/29 18:42:24
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
3.8 runs stable on Workbench screen and unstable running it on its own screen. Maybe it's this url history thingie which makes those crashes (possibly corrupting memory). And usually that url history list shows only current url and not anything else. Some rare cases it shows some other links too. And once I got it disappear completely.

(Edit) I verified it. Almost immediate crash on its own screen (which is WB clone). No problems running it on WB.

Btw. @ZeroG
Quote:
You can only use it on Workbenchscreen until owb 3.9 is out.

I guess I misunderstood somebody elses post a little bit.

Edit edit edit again:
Once again I have to admit I made my postings too fast without doing testing long enough. I got a crash just a moment ago. But I think there's still might be a small difference.

Edited by TSK on 2009/3/29 18:32:52
Edited by TSK on 2009/3/29 18:44:03
Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@redfox

Quote:
I was only using the expat.library. I'll see if it makes any difference if I have the libexpat.so file as well.

Well that was fun. Now my system freezes up solid when using OWB 3.8. Unfortunately, I was typing a post at amigaworld everytime it happened, so I don't know if it happens anywhere else.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/3/29 20:13:56
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)