Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: OWB 3.7
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

> does OWB use ssl

yes

> how do you know a page is secure or not?

the https in the address ? Else, ne mean

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Arnie

> does OWB use ssl

yes

> how do you know a page is secure or not?

the https in the address ? Else, ne mean

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Ricossa

Thanks, but one reply would have been enough

A1XE G4 800Mhz, 512Mb, Sil0680, ATI9200se 128Mb, Sounblaster Live & Catweazle Mk3 with SID chip +OS4.1.
A4000 233MhzPPC/04025Mhz, 112Mb, CyberPPC, OS3.9
Other Amiga's A4000, A2000 A500+, A500 & various hardware. 15+ other retro machines.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
Check AbeBooks and click Warenkorb on the upper right ... OWB will sit there trying to load it ... and i sit there waiting forever for it to finish..
The next version of OWB will display network errors, in this case "peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates".

You can use "setenv WEBKIT_IGNORE_SSL_ERRORS 1" in a shell before starting OWB to accesss pages with such SSL problems.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Do you have any idea about the strange event problems? It seems as if sometimes OWB enters a mode in which it interprets single-clicks as double-clicks. For instance when using google maps, it zooms in to a double-click, and often it automatically zooms in if I just hold the mouse, drag, and release it, or if I just do a single-click. It could be related to the problem which happens with selection, that sometimes OWB automatically selects blocks of text when single-clicking in different places, which it should only do when double-clicking.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:
Do you have any idea about the strange event problems?
I didn't even know there are problems, there is no bug report on http://bugs.os4depot.net/?function=viewissues&softwareid=1

Quote:
It seems as if sometimes OWB enters a mode in which it interprets single-clicks as double-clicks.
Since I have a very short double click time configured in Prefs/Input I never noticed the problem myself, but I've fixed it now. The double- and triple-click checks only used the time (IIntuition->DoubleClick()), in the next version they will only be recognised as double- or tripple-clicks if the mouse pointer was moved at most 3 pixels.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

I read in the forums about someone reporting the issue with OWB selecting blocks of text when not desired, I thought it was know, but I didn't check the bugtracker on OS4depot.net. Anyway it's great that it's already fixed, OWB 3.7 is amazing, this is the only glitch I found so far.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've noticed on one site, but only one site when you navigate from page to page regardless of where you go or come from etc You need to put the cursor into the top url box and press return before the page loads/reloads.

i.e. using the back and the forward arrows, it's acts like it's about to load/reload the page and you only get a red filled area down the bottom of the progress bar about 10mms in length then it stops.

This is very strange I think and probably the fault of the makeup of this website?

Just raising it an issue but more of something to think on.

and no, telling you the website isn't first on my choice of things to do

btw, now I can book my airline tickets online, the only thing that doesn't work still is the option to see the prices along the entire week and not just specific days from and to.

but we are very impressed, it's more or less complete in our eyes

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd and @Joerg

Has anyone one considered the simple users, and new users to the platform. (almost 5 months now)

Not everyone enjoys messin' around to try and get downloading happening. Id much rather open up a browser that has the support in it already.

Another note would be, many may not like fiddling around hours at a time for little things like downloading, or getting other programs to work.

Some people may actually want to use this as a daily runner in replacement of other os's out there, is the amiga community telling me that they forget those people who do not wish to use anything else in thier home hours, away from work and windows systems all together?

Anyway, when I get sick of not having dl support for OWB and sick of opening up the IBrowse to get dl support, I will try the Clipdown program, which seems to be a riveting program.

Maybe talk with joerg, to allow this Clipdown to be an automatic feature with OWB, then people with lack of experience, new to the platform, and simple folk, can simply enjoy a well made product?

Anyway, not to reign on anyones parade here, but JOERG, you are doing well with OWB, and Im wondering why the copy with OS4.1 had download support, but any copy after the 1.x doesnt?

I didnt even notice that it was a hack job????

Cheers.

Edited by Rigo on 2009/3/2 11:55:37
Courtesy of SAM440Flex & Amiga OS4.1 only
Flex is 800mhz
A1000 with Classic 520 Amiga OS3.2.1
AmiKit 12
MorphOS PowerBook G4 (which can play youtube vids)

https://blitterwolf.blogspot.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:
Has anyone one considered the simple users, and new users to the platform. (almost 5 months now)
Not everyone enjoys Fukin around to try and get downloading happening. Id much rather open up a browser that has the support in it already.
I don't know what you mean by "messin' around".
I have clipdown in a dock beside OWB, and select it once OWB is started.

Edited by Rigo on 2009/3/2 11:56:25
Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gebrochen

I can't believe that I lost my entire posting here, just because I'm using Some F'ing stupid work IBM piece of crap.

If I was posting at home with my Amiga this wouldn't have happened.

In short I replied with a grand post at you Gebrochen but now it is all lost.

All I will say now is my closing remark and that was.

I'm very disappointed in you.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Gebrochen

If you read this forum carefully you'll see that joerg said he wants to add proper download support, which works on all sites, and not a hack which only works on some sites, but since OWB doesn't have support for this internally he has to change quite a few tihngs and that will take some time, especially because he works on it in his spare time, like most people who do software development on the Amiga. So instead of complaining, why don't you give the man some respect for the huge amount of work he has done so far, and send a donation his way to encourage him to continue developing and adding a proper download manager too.

I don't want to speak in joerg's name, but when I work my ass off during the day to make a living, and then I use much of my spare time in the evening developing Amiga stuff when I'm dead tired and have rings around my eyes, instead of resting and getting enough sleep, hearing complaints instead of appreciation does make me seriously think about leaving the platform...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DJBase

Very strange... I have something wrong in my system because
since version 3.6 I have a lot of GR and I have to reboot.

Just in case someone can see something in the Crashlog, go
to:

http://pages.infinit.net/pgx/CrashLogs.zip

Thank you.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Pierre55

Can post crash logs here - http://crashlog.os4depot.net

OWB also has a bug tracker here: http://bugs.os4depot.net

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gebrochen

Clipdown is a very useful program.
Ktadd has plans for extra features if there is enough interest.

So if you like what he had done, don't forget to give him a bit of feedback.

I haven't used Ibrowse all weekend since trying his latest update.

Ktadd, if you are reading this, I will give you a full report tonight.

Cheers.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@COBRA

Quote:

COBRA wrote:
when I work my ass off during the day to make a living, and then I use much of my spare time in the evening developing Amiga stuff when I'm dead tired and have rings around my eyes, instead of resting and getting enough sleep

I can certainly appreciate what you're saying here, I can't even get the motivation to _begin_ to learn to code after work at the moment and my job has gone from extreme physcial (Scaffolder) to Inside the Office (Supervisor/Manager) for the last 6 months.

more on the raised issue:

Some people see what they like in software and assume they can cut corners to add just that one missing feature they think they need to make it 100%.

Then these same people come along later and say it's a piece of crap because the implementation of such and such doesn't work correctly and why wasn't it done properly in the first place.

When people are being given things they should be appreciative and patient NOT dissatisfied or irritated NOR judgemental or resentful. Grrr, the masses literally drive me up the wall I tell ya

still, we have each other Cobra

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gebrochen

Quote:
Id much rather open up a browser that has the support in it already.
Simply do it, there are several AmigaOS browers which support downloads, for example AWeb, IBrowse and NetSurf.

Quote:
Another note would be, many may not like fiddling around hours at a time for little things like downloading, or getting other programs to work.
I do it nonetheless, but if the majority of the users would be like you I wouldn't waste my spare time writing/porting free software for/to AmigaOS, especially implementing features I don't need myself, any longer.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Just wanted to let you know that OWB has become my main webrowser. I still use Aweb or IBrowse for downloading files, and I have no problem with this. Now that I know about ktadd's ClipDown program, I will give it a try as well.

BTW thanks for all your work on OWB for OS4. It's a great program and I appreciate that it takes alot of time and effort.

---
redfox

Edited by redfox on 2009/3/3 2:39:06
Edited by redfox on 2009/3/3 2:40:44
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gebrochen

The 2 versions are different the one included in the amiga os is the blastoise version, and the 3.7 is newest and the download is not yet implemented

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Bravo ! Gut gesagt

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)