Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 157

Paul, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: OWB 3.7
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

About downloads: would it be possible to just add a configurable context menu item that can call a command with the url or is that a too ugly hack to implement too?

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@afxgroup

Sorry, but downloading from megaupload, rapidshare & co just works with MorphOS and AROS OWB versions.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab

well, maybe is changed since two years. but in the past it wasn't possbile.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Menthos

Quote:

Menthos wrote:
@joerg

About downloads: would it be possible to just add a configurable context menu item that can call a command with the url or is that a too ugly hack to implement too?

There already exists a context menu, whit a ?download link? menu item, some extra code needs to added there.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
x

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Menthos
Quote:
Menthos wrote:

I've already implemented an ugly D/L hack on my system. I have the "External Bookmark" menu set to open "HTTPResume" with a script set in the OWB TOOLTYPES. I select "Copy Link Location" in the context menu, open HTTPResume by clicking the "External Bookmark", click the gadget next to the URL string at the top of the HTTPResume window to paste in the URL and download the file.

In the OWB icon I have the TOOLTYPE:
BOOKMARKCOMMAND=owb_dl %s %s

owb_dl is a script that looks like this:

; AmigaDOS Script for D/L files with HTTPResume

.key owb_port,owb_screen,xxxx/F
.def owb_port "none"
.def owb_screen "WorkBench"

.bra {
.ket }

HTTPResume GUI STARTDIR="RAD:" NOCACHE PUBSCREEN={owb_screen}

It works well for normal links. JS links are a problem.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Thread

Why doesn't EVERYBODY use clipdown. A realy useful dowload program.
Set the tooltype SCREENNAME to origynwebbrowser and it runs from the OWB screen. Download files, or webpages etc.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@COBRA
Quote:
COBRA wrote:
While I agree that it should be done properly, in the meantime it would sure make it easier to add a simple 'Save Target As' option in the context menu which would bring up an ASL requester for saving. It would be nicer than having to load all the binary data into the page as garbage, every time somebody wants to save data.

Actually, IBrowse opens a browser window before it opens the D/L requester. It just doesn't fill the browser window with garbage most of the time. If you try to D/L a file that has a text MIME instead of a binary MIME even though it's a binary file, IBrowse will fill the browser window with garbage instead opening the D/L requester.

Maybe Joerg could add a "nodisplay" command for window opening so that the D/L browser window would not fill with garbage. It would still be a temporary solution until a proper D/L can be implemented. Since AWeb is opensource, maybe Joerg could borrow some AWeb code for D/L. In fact, I've wondered if it would be possible to use OWB as the display engine for AWeb.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

The idea with my suggestion was not to collide with existing not-implemented items. I guess the 'Save as' already calls a stubbed function. An configurable context menu item would be nice to have even when the real download functionality is done...

@xenic

Well, sure it works but is way to "complicated"...

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Menthos
Quote:
Menthos wrote:

If you check my other posts, you'll see that I have implemented something similar (as a hack) but there are problems which I discovered when D/L the quick updates from Hyperion. JavaScript links don't seem to work with the external commands I have tried. I think a JS link requires some sort of JS response that some external D/L programs can't handle. I'm going to investigate ClickDown to see how it handles JS downloads.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Swoop

I will try it when I have the time... I'm a busy man!

/Me, myself and A1G4!
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Menthos
Quote:

Well, sure it works but is way to "complicated"...

Yes, it is more complicated but Amiga users have always had to be more imaginative and capable in order to accomplish some things that are built into mainstream operating systems. Programs like IBrowse, TurboText etc. allow the user to define ToolBar & Menu commands and accomplish things that are not even possible with other systems.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have one or two user definable (through TOOLTYPES) spots in the OWB popup menu. However, since there are so many ways to get D/L with other browsers or external programs, I think we should let Joerg focus on more important issues for the time being. My Amiga is my only computer and things like accessing bank accounts and essential WEB sites is far more important to me than having builtin D/L. Before OWB was released, I was shopping at the local MAC store and looking at a replacement for my ?A1/OS4 computer system. I only want one computer on my small desktop and not a network of computers that will fill and entire room. I need to be able to log into my employers WEB site to perform personnel actions, my bank & credit union WEB sites for account control & government WEB sites for doing my taxes etc. OWB has cured most of my Internet problems and my computer replacement is now on hold.

We don't "NEED" OWB for D/L at this point. Let Joerg focus on compatibility issues for now.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

xenic wrote:
JavaScript links don't seem to work with the external commands I have tried. I think a JS link requires some sort of JS response that some external D/L programs can't handle. I'm going to investigate ClickDown to see how it handles JS downloads.

ClipDown doesn't support JS links either. How do you find the file link from a JS link?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

ehh ppl I have problem wiht OWB 3.6/3.7 I cant login on http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz/

have stange problem in username/password area :D

you can see shoot here

www.inet.hr/~iteskera/owb.jpg

please help!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Swoop wrote:
Why doesn't EVERYBODY use clipdown.

Not to hi-jack the tread but as the developer of ClipDown I do get pretty frustrated when I hear people asking for hacks to OWB for download capability.

Has anyone besides Swoop tried it?

When I originally wrote it I also added other features like the ability to download or play YouTube, myspace, etc. videos via getvideo, the ability to play direct links to audio and video files via MPlayer and an auto mode to detect the type of link and either play or download. I haven't released these features because I wanted to use it for a while to test it out.

Given the lack of use of ClipDown, at least judging from the continued asking for download hacks for OWB I'm wondering if I should bother.

So I don't end up hi-jacking this tread, if anyone has any feedback please start a new thread.

By the way, thanks Swoop for your feedback and support.

Edited by ktadd on 2009/2/26 18:27:41
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

I just installed Clipdown and it worked perfectly! Thanks alot for this solution - I hope you decide to release the updated version soon :)

Torgeir

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ktadd

There is alot of users that dont write mail to developers even if they use it. So instead of bothering if you like what you do and do it for yourself please do share (aminet). If it gets more funktions maybe some people will write to you. Like me i tested it and i thought... wget does the same work for me and i have shell. And it cant download files that javascript handles.

But if it can use getvideo to download videos from facebook, youtube etc maybe you will more people interested. But then if its too much work maybe dont work on it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@VooDoo

you have to create a new account, then go to "my registered stuff", click on the link "why my registered stuff doesn't show up?", then you will be asked your old username and password and you will import your old registration data

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Ricossa

hey I make accont wiht IB and it works on IB.. but I cant put this login and pass via OWB.. no place for font on it.. look on screenshoot!! dont know why..

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd

Don't worry ktadd, I am one of the people using Clipdown daily... Is it possible to show the progress of downloading process with wget and clipdown ?
That would be a nice addition...

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »