Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Has the Fat lady Sang for you?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:
Mikey, just close the site and lets pray together on AW :)

LMAO

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Got to admit it's been quite quiet lately and the courtcase feels it's stalling things. Right now i'm waiting for the OS4 classic fixes for graphics, sound and internet. In the meantime i can browse OS4Depot for stuff, use my 3.9 installation to fiddle around and to play with WHDLoad .

Fat lady hasn't sang for me yet .

Amiga - still alive & kickin'!
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:

I'd like to dream about new software

Well nip over to http://www.digitaluniverse.org.uk and buy yourself a treat

I am not letting the McEwens of this world get me down, I am working on v1.6 of DU now.

As long as my A1 keeps on running I am happy with it and have no need to go Mac or PC. My A1200 lasted many many years so I do not see why the A1 would be likely to just give up in the near future. It will no doubt be running Hyperion OS2 some day

Bill

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

Funny you should say that right now. I feel exactly the same. I reckon this court case is the actual last straw. So sick of the bloody drama with no results and yesterday I decided I'd had enough, but will of course keep my machines for nostalgic reasons.

It's a shame.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Steady

Geez. I didn't realise it was my first post on this site. What a downer. Guess I'll have to add some upbeat posts just to even the balance a bit.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Mikey_C

Wrote a few words here:

http://www.amigans.net/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=9

Should have been written by someone with better skills in english than me, but it didn't look like that was ever going to happen so there it is ;)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

That Statement of Intent is very good in my opinion.

That is exactly how I feel a Amiga site should be (and how this site is )

Let?s remember what that we use our amigas for fun

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
In terms of Amiga sites, i feel a bit disapointed that (we all) get too emotional and let that stop us from taking a step back and at least try to be objective.

Things are as they are, and our feelings on subjects doesn't and shouldn't change that.

I'd like to see a clear seperation of news and forums, amiga sites tend to blur them together into something unpleasant.

We need to keep our eyes on the ball, and ignore the screams from the audience.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Mikey_C

No... the Fat Lady has not sung. If the play was over, everyone would have left...

...but I still see people around.

Possibly, an encore awaits in the wings?

It's intermission, relax and have a beer.

(Stretching this metaphor as much as I can.)

~ Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
~ When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
~ Your children get only one childhood.
~ Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mikey_C

If the show's not over till the fat lady's sung, what do you do if the show doesn't have any fat ladies?

Hans

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Hans

er.....Get hold of a lady and take her to McDonalds for a week?

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:
er.....Get hold of a lady and take her to McDonalds for a week?

Now that's better.

I've just been beta testing Font Previewer, and had a great time doing it. OK, not an overly complicated program, but it was the first time I have beta tested anything, and I provided a pdf doc for it. I played around with my Amiga, not just using it for my normal 'work'.
I just couldn't do that an any other platform.

All I mean to say is enjoy what you have, and not what you'd like to have.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

Quote:

Personally I don't find myself checking this site first anymore. It used to be that I couldn't wait to log on to come here to see what was occuring, but now, it doesn't matter where I look, it has become rather dull on the Amiga platform now.

Hey, I'm on the contrary: I check here first and if any need for some yellowish news or some forum blood arises, then I pop up into AW.
The real stuff goes here, without all that emotional b/s of same people doing the same arguments again and again all over the threads there, being it lawyering stuff or speculations on amount of vapour in the news AINC are trying to produce.
Just keep it like this. There are some constructive ppl left in the community and quite a lot of them hang in here. Doesn't this describes the purpose of this site?

As to making lady fat by taking her to MD, there are (imho) tastier and healthier way to do it

Jack
Edit: removed the silly "hering" typo.

Edited by Jack on 2008/2/7 18:10:15
Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C
we don't need depressing stuff m8 we have enough of that on AW. Hang in there, I reckon we have got ourselves a good community which is developing into a self contained product factory without the unecessary expense of a lot of employees who don't care about their product. You need to focus on the plusses and not get sucked into the mindless void that epitomises the followers of MS and Mac

A1XEG4 PPC 7457 1.3GHz
A-Eon X5000
CDTV!!
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

I was always under the impression that the ANT and the SEAL guys where on first name terms with the guys at Amiga, surely if anyone knows more about this legal situation that what us end users read about in the forums its you ?

A1XE, A1200T, X1000, X5020, CDTV, CD32 , A500+ A500
OS4.1b / OS3.2b
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Well I think the Fat lady has a severe case of laryngitis
so it may be a while

This Puny World will bow down to
Professor Chaos
Prepare for the greatest Villan you have ever seen!!
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Jurassicc

I haven't had any contact with Amiga inc since, well, its been a long time, put it this way. I am sure that no one else at ANT has any contacts with anyone at Amiga inc.

As for SEAL they are mostly Apple Mac nowadays anyhow.

@all
Its nice to see some positivity in here. I thought it was just going by the wayside here, but its good to know people still care.

Cheers you are lifting my spirits!

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

Although I'm not posting much, I visit the site daily even in those sad times.

I really hope you won't shut it down, since I finally started to learn programming and...I don't know what I wanted to say (what a lamer). so ok this it's not a reason at all to keep the site running but, I need this red color to motivate me!

Hey there is OWB, so slowly we are getting a Browser, we have DU, which I still haven't ordered yet (what a lamer part 2), AmigaNetCenter and on and on.
So as I see it there are small lights everywhere and I just paid a visit to the world where people are all flowery and the sun shines from their backsite so don't be depressed..I can...do you...do you smell that?
Breath!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

You just need to look into the Mac world for inspiration.
They were on a downward spiral for years.
Now they are starting to take business from Microsoft.
Never say never.

I use my miggy as my main machine and the only thing that seems to be missing compared to windoze is skype.
Can't say I'm bothered about that.

I think most peoples bugbear was lack of a css capable browser.
Even that has now been sorted.

More reasons to be up than down and the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I'm not sure what the courtcase is doing to moral, or why it should even affect it.

The Amiga as a platform went through years of no leadership after Commodore disappeared, but there seemed to be a boom in users and bedroom coders developing stuff for the "community" to play with.

The Amigas of the time worked exactly the same as they always did, and that situation hasn't changed today. The Amiga is a tool, like any other. My hammer doesn't stop working just because the company that made it no longer exist, it can knock in nails with the best of them.

While I understand that some may be getting a little disallusioned by it all, it doesn't detract from the fact that the Amiga is still a fun machine to use, and with the advent of faster hardware AND an updated operating system, to me it's more fun than ever!

We need less of this moaning and bitching, and more positive vibes, especially from "Mikey the Greek"! :)

Perhaps getting involved with a project might highten the mood, and bring something about quicker than may be otherwise?

Anyway, while my machines (yes, I have 3 AmigaOnes) still keep working, and the fun element is still there, I'm here to stay. Those that have left are, in my mind, using the courtcase as an excuse. I would assume the flame went out for them some time ago.

The Amiga is dead, long live the Amiga!

Roll on....

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »