Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »
Re: ACK proven untrustworthy
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@keisangi

Edit: Self moderation, message sent in PM instead.

Edited by orgin on 2007/8/15 6:02:35
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

There was nothing wrong with your initial post. The wrong was people's reaction to it, which was not your fault.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:
Since nearly every attempt I make at a polite post gets misinterpreted by the moderator(s) as some weird way of trolling, not to mention that I feel like I have been treated as a troll until proven innocent, I don't expect to visit Amigans.net much more. I simply don't seem to be compatible with Amigans.net .

Funny you should talk about being polite, seeing how you quote me out of context on amigaworld.net under a subject that was chosen to attract trolls. How you can talk about politeness is beyond me, and from this point forward, my signature explicitly forbids to quote me on a different thread except for the one that it was written on.

I would have thought that general politeness would dictate that anyway, but apparently, your politeness isn't that far evolved yet.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Re: Future AmigaOS
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:

RacerX wrote:
@Rogue

Quote:

I wouldn't call it a sandbox, rather a virtual environment.

Sounds kinda like the early plans for OS5.

I don't like to call it OS 4.x or OS 5. It's what we have planned for the future, what version number this will be I don't know.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Congratulations to you and all amiga os 4.0 staff members it's a pleasure to use this operating system knowing that behind there are developpers like you

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Great to hear you speak a bit about your thoughts on OS4. Don't let people like that kinsiyagi dude get to your nerves....much of it is just bad mood because everything has not yet happened. He's probably been around for many many years, and are like many others here totally impatient.

Many of us need to stop being hostile over the situation, and deal with the facts, that OS4 apparently takes a long way to come.....and that the amiga dream is very old now, and we cant take world OS ownership anymore.....well life suxx...

But hey the stuff you just talk about is great news, and really really exciting! - could you eventually tell us a bit more about when you plan this new implementations?, or if you're working on new stuff..?

Please man we really need some new carrots!

Oh and thanks for keeping the amiga dream alive, year after year......thats why we all are here!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rogue

Forgive my ignorance, given the quote taken from here, for the life of me I cannot understand what the problem is, or why it should cause such strong emotions.

From what I understood you were saying is that a virtual environment would be set up for older programs, and that this was not like running an emulation.

It seems straightforward, and forgive me again, aside from a magic wand how could older programs otherwise be made safe within the new OS?

What you stated seemed indisputable, a better more seamless approach to running an emulation and not from what I understand a full sandbox environment.

I am confused, and to tell the truth can make less and less sense of what is happening on other sites in Amigaland. It seems to be a huge mountain made out of a very small mole hill.

Indeed it seems the crazies have taken over the asylum, for me I am standing back until the dust settles.

You probably can't say anything either way, so I will state this without expectation of reply.

I believe a lot of solutions would come out of decent money flow from sales. A PS3 port would make some sales (using LINUX of the PS3 is not my idea of fun).

PS Home beta is due out soon, followed by the full release, the importance here is that it would give a marketing position within the PS3 community to sell OS4 for the console.

Sales might be unpredictable, but OS4 does sell itself once a goodly number start using it on the PS3 (way better than LINUX especially for that user base).

Best of luck with everything.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@keisangi

Quote:

keisangi wrote:
@joerg

oops .. sorry
i didn't notice you said FFS.. i thought you were speaking of SFS.
my apologies.
It was a reply to your

Quote:
i think programs will get updated to support large files when the OS itself (meaning the Filesystem too) will provide support for it.
and therefore can't have been about a file system like SFS/SFS2 which isn't part of the OS.

Quote:
I hope SFS2 problems will get worked on.
I'll fix it, but it will probably take some time since I'm currently working on more important things.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit:

This user has been permanently suspended, for these reasons:

- Failing to understand the phrase "It's not what you are saying, it's how you say it"

- Lying about why (s)he was moderated.

- Continously ignoring the advice given from moderators.

Edited by orgin on 2007/8/16 12:22:47
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@keisangi

for the last time, posting on these forums is a privilage not a right. If you don't like this site's terms and conditions you are welcome to leave.

Given the amount of angst you are causing here (and the number of PM's you are generating) it won't be long before you won't be allowed to post here

You sir, are a becoming a pain in the rear. Grow up.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit:

- Failing to understand the phrase "It's not what you are saying, it's how you say it"

Edited by orgin on 2007/8/16 12:23:04
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@keisangi

Quote:
- AmigaOS4 don't have any form of protection from it's own tasks (any badly behaving app can kill the whole system, which is what happen frequently..means *a lot*)
- doesn't have utf8 support
- lots of documents cannot be viewed or edited (no support for this or that format).
- there's no up to date and css capable browser
- no large file support
- it use an old (1993) outdated API, thus terribly limitating
- the moderation on amiga sites is way too strong. anything that doesn't please get deleted or edited without your consent.

It's up to you (OS4 devs and Amiga sites moderators) to change theses facts and thus make Amiga world a more interesting place for potential new users.

I dont understand.. do you believe that the OS4 developers are not interested in having the functionality you listed?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit:

Edited by orgin on 2007/8/16 12:23:26
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@keisangi

The only harm I see here is your inane rumblings about freedom of speech. Take it to the bunny cos frankly, we don't really care.

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Mikey_C

who's disagreeing with him over needing modern features/software under amiga anyway? I think I missed it all..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit:

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Edit:

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@GregS

Quote:

GregS wrote:
@Rogue

Forgive my ignorance, given the quote taken from here, for the life of me I cannot understand what the problem is, or why it should cause such strong emotions.

I am not quite sure why there was such a "shock" either. It is quite obvious that some of the things that are currently used in every AmigaOS program will prevent complete isolated address spaces to work at any point, so, like I already pointed out, right at the beginning this was planned to be the way it should go.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

The fun part is that *I* don't disagree with him either, it's not like we aren't aware of missing features...

But like I said in another thread, it seems to be impossible to talk with someone that behaves like a 13 year old.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue who said Quote:
Funny you should talk about being polite, seeing how you quote me out of context on amigaworld.net under a subject that was chosen to attract trolls.

I take offence at your false accusation: I stated my honest opinion that I was surprised (indeed shocked) at what I saw as a sudden & unexpected change of direction for OS4 (and I have previously tried to explain why). I also quoted most of what you said, and provided a link for people to check.

Now, I may have chosen a title designed to attract attention, but I honestly don't see how it was designed to attract trolls, unless you think the population of AW.net is mostly composed of trolls...

Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »