Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
53 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 52

beworld, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: OWB 3.4
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

ahh great... now Iam happy..and now I will chat wiht my friend Kicko via Facebook... :)

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Thank for your work Joerg!
Really appreciated the "open in a new window" menu!

Just a curiosity: is the Stanisław Michał Szymczyk port for AROS completely detached from your work or you two guys are working together?

http://sszymczy.rootnode.net/index.php?menu=projects&submenu=owb

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nbache

Quote:

wawa wrote:
this page renders only the background in owb:
http://www.galeriemennour.com
it seems that there are also problems with ms explorer (mostly refresh) though. whats the problem? french programmers?

I'm not sure the problem is that they are French (if they are at all), but rather that they seem to stupidly think that Flash is a web page markup language.

aww. how come i ask so stupid questions today. must be wednesday..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@samo79 & Joerg:

This site puts OWB in an endless loop: http://www22.verizon.com/ (It has since version 2.0.) The page is usable if I stop the loading at the right point, then I can navigate into the site and it no longer loops.

Regards,
- JCC

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg
there are some problems with this page:
http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/semb24.html
OWB seems freezed, no CPU load and no network activity,
but after some seconds the
page appear, the page contains only a gif image, during
the download the dimension of the page it's 0K,
maybe there is no size indication so OWB wait for a timeout.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@virgola

Quote:
Just a curiosity: is the Stanisław Michał Szymczyk port for AROS completely detached from your work or you two guys are working together?
Why should I work on an OWB port to an OS I don't use and which doesn't interest me at all?
I guess the other way round it's the same. He didn't implement anything in the AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB, I'm still the only one working on it.

Since unlike the AmigaOS 4.x port the AROS port isn't open source I have no idea which of the AmigaOS 4.x OWB parts he ported (probably only some very small ones, if anything) and what he implemented from scratch for AROS.
For features which don't exist in any other version of OWB (for example support for multiple windows/tabs, a GUI with tool bar, status bar, context menus, etc.) using the AmigaOS 4.x parts as reference of course makes it easier to implement the same features for another OS as well, but most of the AmigaOS 4.x implementations of common features, especially everything GUI related, are as useless for an AROS port as for example the Gtk ones.

I guess from an AmigaOS 3.x port like the old AmigaOS 3.9 OWB Blastoise port, which didn't have anything in common with the AmigaOS 4.x OWB Blastoise port either, nearly everything could have been used in an AROS port as well, but not from the AmigaOS 4.x ports since they use new AmigaOS 4.x features in most parts.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Crystal clear picture.

Keep it up, Joerg!

However I'm not convinced on how an open source based application such as OWB can be ported to an open source operating system like AROS and being "closed sourced" as you said.

Hopefully Stanisław Michał Szymczyk (I don't know which part is the first name, I think 'Michał') will read this thread and clarify the process he is following (or better I could email him asking for that).

I'm curious of his work because I'm convinced that working in "open air" could helps both environment.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@virgola

Quote:
However I'm not convinced on how an open source based application such as OWB can be ported to an open source operating system like AROS and being "closed sourced" as you said.
The AROS port of OWB is a bounty, the sources will be released when he was paid for it.
Since the money of the AROS bounties is managed by BBRV now it would be an extremly stupid idea to release a single line of source code of it before he has got the money

Quote:
I'm curious of his work because I'm convinced that working in "open air" could helps both environment.
Unless he implements features which don't exist in any version of OWB yet, for example downloads (the correct way, not just a quick hack like in the AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB Blastoise), support for HTTP authentication or working cookie management, the AROS parts are completely useless for the AmigaOS 4.x version of OWB.

Edited by joerg on 2009/1/30 12:37:50
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@joerg

Joerg, i would take a look at something again of OWB.. do you think i can use your makefiles also on mac or i must set up cmake again?? :-/
If i remember that old days... i could cry...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
Joerg, i would take a look at something again of OWB.. do you think i can use your makefiles also on mac
Not without changing them (all paths in the makefiles, flags.make, depend.make, link.txt, etc., as well as replacing c++ by ppc-amigaos-g++, etc. in the makefiles).

Quote:
or i must set up cmake again?? :-/
When using a cross-compiler using CMake is of course much easier, but you have to add support for the AmigaOS 4.x parts of OWB in the CMakeFiles first, since there is no AmigaOS 4.x port of CMake I didn't add the required changes yet.

Before implementing something in OWB you should tell me what you want to do to make sure we don't work on the same features.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)