Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 150

emeck, salass00, Kamelito, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@pseudaxos

Yes, by Amiupdate.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kicko

I just uploaded new archives with a fixed AutoInstall script. I hope it works correctly now. I cannot test this myself right now.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Please report how it is to use the new OWB 1.23. I can´t test the Browser now because my SAM is for repair in Italy. The repair is done, now Enrico test if it´s O.K.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommy
Quote:

Is the release now possible?

Patience, i have other things to do in weekends too :)

Probably tomorrow if all will going well (checks, rechecks, repacks and co)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ordinarily, my weekend would be nearly over! However thanks to the Irish I get Paddys day off tomorrow!!

Will Odyssey 1.23 be THE IRISH browser?!

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Coders/Porters/Developers are people too

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
WOW, thank you, I can't wait to get out of work!

\o/....X1000....\o/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

It working really well, this really excellent work Fab and Ka1e, your the best.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
All in all Odyssey 1.23 is great, only problems I can find are minor ones.

1) SHIFT+HOME doesn't select all text in the address bar so I have to keep using the mouse.

2) View/Status and other options above, the state of these checkmarks are never auto-saved/remembered. Its frustrating to see it keep re-appearing (them ghastly colours) + should be hidden by default.

3) The new Web Inspector button in the top toolbar can clearly seen to be 2 pixels small in height + should be using 'info' in AISS/TBImages.

4) When only one tab is open I wish Odyssey/MUI did not extend the width of it across the whole window it looks very unsightly.

5) When iconified a regular MUI 'window' appears as an icon. I believe this is called an 'AppIcon'? Clearly this needs to be replaced with the Odyssey logo. Which raises the question - 'What is the official logo for Odyssey?' The blue one or the compass?

7) Digging deeper.. if you type 'about:' in address bar and press enter the program information is out of date.

8) From a web developer POV... selecting to view the source code of a page... it takes a long time for the actual source code to appear. I can assume that the syntax highlighting needs optimizing further.

9) Topsites:// wow really like this.. reminds me of Opera in some ways. However, in Grid mode, the contents of the 'page' need to be centred horizontally. In Coverflow mode the contents of the 'page' are centred (great), but is there any chance that the middle image (the one selected) can be made any larger? This could be fixed by introduced a new resolution to pick from in the drop-down menu.

10) Finally, now that videos work. Do you know whether Odyssey respects the ScreenBlanker engine? i.e. if watching a long video the screenblanker should not appear.

So yeah very minor things so far.. apart from no.1.

So congratulations to all involved :)

I realise that not all of the above apply exclusively to the AmigaOS port - now I am off to read kas1e's reply.

Edited by djrikki on 2014/3/17 10:55:40
Edited by djrikki on 2014/3/17 10:56:20
Edited by djrikki on 2014/3/17 10:59:13
Edited by djrikki on 2014/3/17 11:00:41
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
SWEET!

5minutes testing and it is great! Faster loading, rendering and scrolling.
360 def html5 Youtube videos play full speed with sound and only 36% CPU usage!?
Imgur loads faster than my ipad and plays animated gifs faster than both my ipad and i5 laptop!

This is a huge improvement over 1.16

You need to update the default home screen to 1.23. It still says 1.16

More testing later!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Please check mail

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Well done, I'm really impressed how quickly the thing got out the door!

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@djrikki
Quote:

1) SHIFT+HOME doesn't select all text in the address bar so I have to keep using the mouse.

Mui settings/keyboard/Marking. By default alt in use for marking (i asking Thore for shift as default too, but there was reasons for alt), but you can just choice shift in keyboard prefs

Quote:

2) View/Status and other options above, the state of these checkmarks are never auto-saved/remembered.

That how it done originally.

Quote:

Its frustrating to see it keep re-appearing (them ghastly colours) + should be hidden by default.

I don't have re-appearing of ghastly colours, all looks ok when i just enable/disable status.

Quote:

3) The new Web Inspector button in the top toolbar can clearly seen to be 2 pixels small in height + should be using 'info' in AISS/TBImages.

I use morphos's images, pretty possible one need some redraw for os4.

Quote:

4) When only one tab is open I wish Odyssey/MUI did not extend the width of it across the whole window it looks very unsightly.

You can setup tabs as you want in mui prefs (groups). Include new option "hide single tabs"

Quote:

5) When iconified a regular MUI 'window' appears as an icon. I believe this is called an 'AppIcon'? Clearly this needs to be replaced with the Odyssey logo. Which raises the question - 'What is the official logo for Odyssey?' The blue one or the compass?

Blue one from mason , for os4 users, original one compas.

Quote:

7) Digging deeper.. if you type 'about:' in address bar and press enter the program information is out of date.

If you didn't have 1.23 (25.12.2013) version then possible i just forgot to overwrite by new about.html

Quote:

8) From a web developer POV... selecting to view the source code of a page... it takes a long time for the actual source code to appear. I can assume that the syntax highlighting needs optimizing further.

Write mail to webkit authors

Quote:

9) Topsites:// wow really like this.. reminds me of Opera in some ways. However, in Grid mode, the contents of the 'page' need to be centred horizontally. In Coverflow mode the contents of the 'page' are centred (great), but is there any chance that the middle image (the one selected) can be made any larger? This could be fixed by introduced a new resolution to pick from in the drop-down menu.

I don't know, only Fab know

Quote:

10) Finally, now that videos work. Do you know whether Odyssey respects the ScreenBlanker engine? i.e. if watching along video the screenblanker should not appear.

I do not know too. I didn't add any code related to screenblankers, and morphos related code related to screenblankers also disabled. I for myself have disable screenblankers in os4 at all, as they always give problems.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Oh one more kas1e.. the default tool for odyssey.readme is set to APPDIR:Codepad ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

While i made some fast fix packing with fixing minor things, will be good if now, anyone who have problems with locales (those ones which come with 1.23 on morphos by default), can send me fixed ones and i can include them to fast-fix too.

Currently have one Italian one from samo.

edit: The old ones ppls send me in between i just skip, because they was for 1.16, and so they can't be included in 1.23. Now, anyone who have problems with their locales, can make one for 1.23, test it, and send me, so i can include it to fast fix

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ddni

Quote:
SWEET!

5minutes testing and it is great! Faster loading, rendering and scrolling.
360 def html5 Youtube videos play full speed with sound and only 36% CPU usage!?
Imgur loads faster than my ipad and plays animated gifs faster than both my ipad and i5 laptop!

This is a huge improvement over 1.16

You need to update the default home screen to 1.23. It still says 1.16

More testing later!

I can't get it to play video's on YouTube, what do I have to do to do this?

Update: Some video's play but sound breaking up and using 100% CPU!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I said: 1) SHIFT+HOME doesn't select all text in the address bar so I have to keep using the mouse.

Quote:

Mui settings/keyboard/Marking. By default alt in use for marking (i asking Thore for shift as default too, but there was reasons for alt), but you can just choice shift in keyboard prefs

Well that sucks :)

Quote:

I said: 2) View/Status and other options above, the state of these checkmarks are never auto-saved/remembered.

Quote:

That how it done originally.

Yes, I expected this to be one for Fab.

I said: Its frustrating to see it keep re-appearing (them ghastly colours) + should be hidden by default.

Quote:

I don't have re-appearing of ghastly colours, all looks ok when i just enable/disable status.

I am referring to the status bulbs/lights in the bottom right off the end window, the network activity LEDS, its very retro.

Quote:

I said: 3) The new Web Inspector button in the top toolbar can clearly seen to be 2 pixels small in height + should be using 'info' in AISS/TBImages.

Quote:

I use morphos's images, pretty possible one need some redraw for os4.

Ok.

Quote:

You can setup tabs as you want in mui prefs (groups). Include new option "hide single tabs"

Hmmm, I see, perhaps this should be checked by default in MUI. Or they create reasons for us to register a keyfile! :)

Quote:

Blue one from mason , for os4 users, original one compas.

Ok.

Quote:

If you didn't have 1.23 (25.12.2013) version then possible i just forgot to overwrite by new about.html

Ok.

10) Finally, now that videos work. Do you know whether Odyssey respects the ScreenBlanker engine? i.e. if watching along video the screenblanker should not appear.

Quote:

I do not know too. I didn't add any code related to screenblankers, and morphos related code related to screenblankers also disabled. I for myself have disable screenblankers in os4 at all, as they always give problems.

Ok, yes I turn it off sometimes too.

Edited by Rigo on 2014/3/17 22:04:57
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sicky

In menu go to Windows/Scripts add and enable YouTube.js. Go to www.youtube.com/html5 select big button to confirm you want to use HTML5 playback. Finally pray that it works.

Personally, I don't have sound atm.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
YouTube and HTML5test.com both say that WebM/VP8 is not supported. (Edit: My bad. It's a couple of tick boxes in the Odyssey settings)

Spoofing as Firefox or Chrome was required to get YouTube working (all scripts enabled and added), for those who are having trouble with that.

Of course, way too slow on my Sam Flex, but I expected that :)

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 72 »