Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
245 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 245

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 »
Re: QT SDK feedback and questions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
Well, like you said its the wrong thread but if you want to get involved you have all info in the url. I m retarded when it comes to this but spotup asked me to try and i dont want to give up that easily When i type gmake i get an error like the one in the thread.

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

Quote:
you have all info in the url

?????

the url you sent is this:

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=772

It doesn't tell me anything!

Just for Christ copy/paste the error msg from the shell and into OWB or whatever browser you are using...!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
Get back to you tomorrow abt this issue.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Joeled

Ok, ok...

I haven't experienced this particular error before, but I am guessing smth like this should solve it:

1) open shell
2) "cd SDK:newlib/lib"
3) "makelink libc.so sobjs:libc.so soft"

If the above produces an error of any kind, please copy-paste it here!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ahh you are to fast for me. I was abt to send you a better description tomorrow.:)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
I get no error when i type what you suggested except it wants me to assign it. I sent you an email.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@alfkil
Ok, that solved the problem but now i get ld: cannot find -liconv

AmigaOne X5000
Radeon HD 7700
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ok, some notes (apparently these are general problem, so I will add some notes to the Qt SDK readme in the next version):

1) In the following files in the native SDK, the keyword "signals" needs to be replaced with "_signals" (this is because "signals" is reserved for special use by Qt):

/SDK/newlib/include/sys/select.h (line 80)
/SDK/include/netinclude/interfaces/bsdsocket.h (line 98)
/SDK/include/include_h/interfaces/exec.h (line 92)

2) The file sobjs:libiconv.so needs to be either copied or linked to SDK:local/newlib/lib.

> makelink SDK:local/newlib/lib/libiconv.so sobjs:libiconv.so SOFT

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

1) In the following files in the native SDK, the keyword "signals" needs to be replaced with "_signals" (this is because "signals" is reserved for special use by Qt):

/SDK/newlib/include/sys/select.h (line 80)
/SDK/include/netinclude/interfaces/bsdsocket.h (line 98)
/SDK/include/include_h/interfaces/exec.h (line 92)

You really shouldn't hack the SDK like that, fix Qt instead.

It's better to modify the occasional Qt based source than to break everything else.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

I don't consider changing a few parameter names "hacking", it is just a way of avoiding a much bigger problem. The keyword "signals" in Qt is so widely used and is so central to Qt's inner workings, that it would be stupid to try and "fix the problem" in Qt. And this is NOT "the occasional source", this is EVERY Qt program...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Btw, for all my expirience with ports, i notice how it sometime annoing to change the same keywoard (not in QT , but i mean in general). For example, very offten game use words EventHandler, or different kind of typedefs for int32/chars/etc, or very offten they use Screen, Window. And sometime its just a nightmare to change manually everything in the code (i mostly trying to not touch SDK, just because once it changes, then its forgotten, and SDK kind of broken forever , until you not remember what you do and why).

So, by all of this i am almost sure that GCC should have some kind of easy workoround for such kind of problems. Maybe some small redefines in "config.h" can make a deal, or some magic flag .. Maybe you have any ideas or expirience about ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I think I have solved most of those annoying issues, as a matter of fact: Qt uses "private" classes to do all the internal (platform specific) work, which means, that if I keep the "public" class definitions clean of system includes, most of those names ("Window", "Screen", "Image" etc) can now be used in apps with no problems.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
\o/

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

I don't consider changing a few parameter names "hacking", it is just a way of avoiding a much bigger problem. The keyword "signals" in Qt is so widely used and is so central to Qt's inner workings, that it would be stupid to try and "fix the problem" in Qt. And this is NOT "the occasional source", this is EVERY Qt program...

It's only a little hack perhaps but it's still a hack, if each porter / developer added their own little hack, the SDK would end up amess with no one being able to build anyone elses source.

Looking at the lines in question these all appear to be variable names.

The solution then would be to ensure that the SDK includes containing these prototypes were included first before any Qt include.

What is "signals" for Qt anyway? A type ? A define?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Link: signals and slots

I have written to Steven Solie to ask, if this can be fixed from top level, that way there is no "everyones little hacks and additions".

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:

Link: signals and slots

Looks to me like you need to fix the "moc" so that it ignore variables that clash with it's reserved words.

ULONG signals

is clearly different to

signals:

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Excerpt from the Qt sources:

#ifndef Q_MOC_RUN
# if defined(QT_NO_KEYWORDS)
#  define QT_NO_EMIT
# else
#   define slots
#   define signals protected
# endif
# define Q_SLOTS
# define Q_SIGNALS protected
# define Q_PRIVATE_SLOT(d, signature)
# define Q_EMIT

... etc etc ...

How am I supposed to deal with the fact, that Qt needs to be able to replace (by normal pre-processing, NOT by moc) instances of "signals" with "protected"?

Really, just changing those few places in the SDK is no big deal, it doesn't change anything... C'mon!...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

How am I supposed to deal with the fact, that Qt needs to be able to replace (by normal pre-processing, NOT by moc) instances of "signals" with "protected"?

Really, just changing those few places in the SDK is no big deal, it doesn't change anything... C'mon!...

But it's not just the SDK anyway it would be any third party libray that happend to have a function of variable called signals.

test.cpp
int myfunc(int signals);

#define signals protected

class someclass {

signals:

void myprotectedmethod();
}

int main()
{

myfunc(10);
}

out from G++:

10.AmigaOS4:> g++ -E ram:test.cpp 
# 1 "ram:test.cpp"
# 1 "<built-in>"
# 1 "<command-line>"
# 1 "ram:test.cpp"
int myfunc(int signals);

class 
someclass {
 protected:

void myprotectedmethod();
}

int main()
{

myfunc(10);
}
10.AmigaOS4:>

So just arrange it so that all the relavent SDK include files in question are always included before the file that does the Qt defines.

Edited by broadblues on 2012/4/23 19:43:48
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@broadblues

Yes, I got you so far, but the problem is the include structure.

For AmigaOS includes in Qt context, I need something like this:

#ifdef Q_WS_AMIGA
#include <proto/intuition.h>
#endif

The problem is, that Q_WS_AMIGA is defined in a Qt header, so I need to include that first. Hence not possible to include first AMIGA then Qt...

Now, the problem might have been solved with regards to Qt apps (that is apps that use Qt as opposed to Qt itself), so that AmigaOS includes are in fact never included in the code (unless someone would need to access the OS inside the code, which would then be a problem). So the only thing that remains is the actual building of Qt libraries themselves, which is mainly done by me, and I hereby grant myself right to "fix" the SDK in the named places!

Btw: Quote:
But it's not just the SDK anyway it would be any third party libray that happend to have a function of variable called signals.

This is the same on all platforms, though, not just AmigaOS. The morale is, if you plan to use your code (library etc.) together with Qt, you cannot use "signals" as a variable name.

Edited by alfkil on 2012/4/24 13:36:22
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@spotup

Quote:
qmake fails with tiled:
http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Tiled?content=128860

6.Bob:Coding/Projects/qt/tiled-qt-0.6.0> qma
Project ERROR: QT_VERSION not defined. Tiled does not work with Qt 3.

Tiled would be very useful. Is there any progress on that port?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 »