Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

livebyfaith74, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3)
Re: RunInUAE beta: Run any 68k game by double-clicking it!
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

I've played around with it today, and it seems to work swimmingly. Mind you, so did beta 6 on my machine.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

can't think of something I'm missing.... maybe when Runinuae is not started from its icon, it'll still read the icon tooltypes, could you do that?

Edited by Vulture on 2010/3/19 7:47:59
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

Vulture wrote:

can't think of something I'm missing....

Most of the time I do not need the GUI at all - I just drag an ADF file icon onto RunInUAE's icon and play. I thought it'd be cool if RunInUAE, instead of opening its window with "Launching XYZ", simply notified of that through a Ringhio message.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Vulture
I didn't realise that happened (I always have it running from WbStartup). Will look at.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Another idea.

When RunInUAE is running and a 68k program is started, a requester appears asking me if I want to run the program in UAE. I KNOW this is exactly how you wanted RunInUAE to behave but could this feature be possibly made optional? I mean, being on by default if you like it but switchable off in the settings? I don't run many 68k programs (CubicIDE, AmigaAMP, CodeAudio) and none of them I'd want to run in UAE so it makes sense to me to be able to turn the request off.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@trixie
If you don't want 68k programs redirected, then the easiest way is to not have RunInUAE running in the background! (You can also disable the patch via the Exchange commodity, but I'm not aware of a way to do this from the Shell.)

IMHO the best solution would be to have "white" and "black" lists of folders, so you could for example white list everything in your Games folder, but black list everything in your Programs partition. But that's something for a future release...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
I have now made the EIGHTH beta release (please use the download link in the first post). Changes include:

* Added 320x240 option to screen size.
* Added 640x480 option for games, as well as programs.

* When E-UAE isn't running any game (i.e. you used Boot Workbench), it now disables the relevant menu items. Also added a missing check to prevent one item from crashing.
* Now checks more often whether E-UAE is running.

* Added an AppMenuItem (so appears in Workbench's Tools menu).
* Added a keyboard short-cut for the Boot Workbench menu item (exciting huh?).

* For speed it now reads app choices from Env: instead of EnvArc: (and saves your choices to both).
* AGA mode now enabled for lowercase 'aga' in file/folder name (without false detections).

* Fixed serious errors not being reported, and instead crashing & causing system instability, when floppy noises were enabled. Floppy drive noises still seem to work, but let me know if not!
* Fixed not storing 68k prefs correctly for some apps.
* Fixed RunInUAE not reading it's tooltypes when it was started by a WHDLoad game.

Please report if you notice any other problems, as otherwise this is basically the version which will get released.

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/3/21 18:06:16
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ChrisH

One suggestion, there are a few games which expect options to be selected by a joystick connected to the mouse port, like shaq fu or second samurai. Could you add a menu like "set joystick to" for mouse, ie "set mouse to" ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3)