Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 »
Re: Opus Magellan source is free now!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

why? dosen't dopus do all workbench stuff? And you could configure dopus the way you like it to be? and what about multitasking, you have access to os4 desktop instantly

@kas1e

Great work on this software. can't wait too play with it

Sam460ex 2GB 120Gb SSD&1Tb HD7750 Envy24HT A-Eon Drv 2.10+Warp3D New Uboot
Apollo v4 Standalone
Go to top
Anonymous
Quote:
now we pretty close to release

Great, hope that it will come soon so rest of us can test and play, even some bugs remain

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@noXLar

Quote:
and what about multitasking, you have access to os4 desktop instantly

If you use Magellan in workbench replacement mode you DO NOT have workbench running, there is no OS4 desktop to access.

Other problems:

Magellan does not support big drives, used/free space in the lister titlebar are absolute gibberish.
Magellan does not support long filenames over 107 chars.
MUI-OWB won't run from Magellan so I have that in a dock.
Cannot drag'n'drop onto native programs from Magellan.
Viewing 24bit icons has to be done via workbench atm. and lastly...

IT'S BETA always have a fallback just in case.

ps. read the beginning of this thread and it's recommended you don't use it in replacement mode anyway.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Big drives and long filenames surely will be fixed in due time. Icons are being worked on.

Why doesn't owb run?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

No idea, I tried it from a button bank, with and without wbrun, it rans then after a reboot the button stops working, tried a few times same problem. tried CD'ing to it's drawer first etc.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Did you try with Snoopy, too see what FAILs under DopusReplacementMode? Maybe it helps to track whats going wrong.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Severin

As a Workbench replacement you would close The WB, yes ..personally i never closed my WB, when using Magellan, it was mainly only used for file management and Ftp and Workbench did everything else. ok agreed with you missing some basic OS function in Magellan ppc, but it was never the intention. Get Magellan to work on NG Amiga first, then add features the original did not have or needed. one thing first. get the program stable and usable with PPC, then make modifictions.
I completely agree and run this route, but if you read the thread, it is well explained why you do not get all the features Workbench in the first release

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Bugs keeps fixing. Of course and as expected (and you all should know it as well), the more we do, the newer bugs we find. For example in last few days we found about 5 new bugs, which was fixed (mostly by Xenic). Also step by step some clean-up happens. Everyone always can see progress on forum here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/discussion/dev/

And on commits here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/code/

(by pressing "History" button at right side).

Now, in ftp.module we still have 2 bugs. I _think_ that once those 2 bugs will be fixed, i can at least prepare some kind of beta-test archive with os4 native version of everything and put it there as was done 2 months ago. So all can plays with, and maybe find some other bugs which will need to fix before even first release. Of course, if there will be not found some new bugs which just very visibly by us.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
That's great! I would like to try the ftp module and see how my Amiga 1200 with Amiga OS 4.1 and Sam can share drawers and hard drive :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

That's great! I would like to try the ftp module and see how my Amiga 1200 with Amiga OS 4.1 and Sam can share drawers and hard drive :)

ftp.module still need some love:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allami ... sion/dev/thread/bf9076c5/

@all

Just in case some of you in interest: we found sources of one of the necessary dopus5 3d party modules: xadopus.module. We even found it not from author (he in end can't find them sadly), but from some old russian amiga coder "Amis", who already migrate sources from old MasonC to SASC and that what i got now over hands (they in SVN already). So, everything is opensource and avail for everyone related to dopus5. Relief :)

Edited by kas1e on 2013/8/20 15:49:23
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@noXLar

SpotIP was asking specifically about workbench replacement mode and I advised against it. simple...

The basic missing functions are in the current 'works on OS4' Magellan release that I've been using for the last nine months on my X1000. I never said anything about wanting those features fixed in the first release or complained about them, I can live with them and have done for 9 months, All I care about is Magellan is reliable, stable and successfully manages files. Which it does now.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

I tried to run now muiowb from dopus5: runs fine. I.e. i just go to my JXFS parition, go inside of the muiowb directory, dbl-click on the "OWBLauncher", and it just starts. Show me usual splash screen, and then usual owb..

All what i have related to os4exes in dopus5, its one tooltype called "os4binary", in which on dbl-click i put "AmigaDOS {F}", and in "Edit Class" i just have 2 strings:

Or
Match $7F454c46

Is it all the same for you ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

I can run it that way with no problems. I added Or Match $7F454c46 to the normal "AmigaDos Program' filetype which uses 'amigados wbrun {f}'.

What I CAN'T do is run it from a button bank:

Workbench Web:muiowb/OWBLauncher
with cd source and run asynronously

does nothing

amigados wbrun Web:muiowb/OWBLauncher
with cd source and run asynronously

does nothing.

removing wbrun does nothing.

No difference trying to run owb directly instead of the launcher.

Other native programs run from the button bank, IBrowse, Yam, Amirc, StormCED, shell, CygnusEd, DVPlayer, MPlayer etc are all in the same bank and work ok

Edit: DOH!!!!!! having typed it all and read it back I now see the obvious problem... 'cd source' needs to be off. Oh well, we all miss the obvious sometimes...

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

Edit: DOH!!!!!! having typed it all and read it back I now see the obvious problem... 'cd source' needs to be off. Oh well, we all miss the obvious sometimes..

So all is ok then ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes muiowb is starting ok now.

the biggest problem is a dopus_arexx dsi on startup but that only happens about 50% of the time. maybe the native version will cure that.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin
never has that arexx crash, but i am on all the time latest-native svn, maybe even fixed since begining (but cant remember to have it..). anyway i hope soon release, and then some fast bugfix release based on repots, and then all those new features if others will be not bored too much )

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ok, it just sounded like you were not totally satisfied with how it was with Magellan. my mistake:)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@noXLar

I'm ok with Magellan, it has it's faults and bugs and always has had at least it's stable though (unlike 5.5). The only time I run Dopus4 now is you look up some command I'd put on a button or filetype. I only use workbench once a month or so you check out new icons or similar and anytime a partition starts to slow down which means it could be getting full.

I just hope Magellan will support long filenames soon, 255 characters, the same as dos and ramdsik do.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

I just hope Magellan will support long filenames soon

Added In TODO. Check this out, maybe you will have anything else to add:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allami ... sion/dev/thread/71e2c5bb/

Quote:

the same as dos and ramdsik do.

Ramdisk and whole DOS have 107 chars limitations as well ?

@all
New bugs found, fixing going on.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
What about that then ?:) (all done by BSZili)

Resized Image

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 »