Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »
Re: OWB (1.20/1.2) bugs and feature requests
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Kicko

Quote:
I told before that facebook works. However when i try to compose a message and then push the "send" button nothing happens. Same if i use tab to select the button. It gets selected but hitting return/enter doesnt do anything so the message doesnt get sent.

Fixable or is there some workaround with special keys :)
I don't know what the problem is since I don't have a facebook account, but most of the problems in OWB aren't in the OWB parts but in the old version of WebKit it's using and should be fixed in the next OWB milestone ("Doduo") which will use a current version of WebKit.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for your work

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ joerg

Facebook is ####ed up. The person i wrote to wasnt on my friendslist. Hes moderator of an party group and i tried to write to him. I tried even on explorer on pc at work and same problem. There was a "bad page" or something like that on explorer. a small yellow triangle.

So i tested to write a message to a friend on my list and it worked ok even with OWB :)

Edited by Rigo on 2008/5/27 21:10:47
Go to top
Re: OWB (1.24/1.3) bugs and feature requests
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

I cannot seem to post a reply on this site, using OWB1.24.

I can preview, but not submit. Any idea what I am doing wrong.

edit: That one worked, post was from OWB.

I tried to post a new topic last night, and wasn't able to post it, and lost my topic. I'll try again.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Could someone please try this on a regular OS4 Final with July Update (just to rule out any influence from the OS4 beta I'm running here, and to achieve a crash log without references to beta material ):

Go to intellicast.com, enter "liverpool,uk" in the Local Weather search box near the top.

The page loads more or less fully, and then I get a DSI Grim Reaper. The stack trace is very long, mostly with references inside OWB intself, but the stack cookie is OK, and as far as I can see, there is still some stack space left; I have half a Meg set in the icon. If I hit the Ignore DSIs button, OWB doesn't react any more, and I have to reboot or suffer a very sluggish system - so I guess it enters some sort of tight and/or infinite loop.

J?rg, if you want a crash log from my system, let me know, and I'll mail it directly.

(Yep, going to visit Liverpool soon - any nice tips from locals? (mail me at niels on nbache in dk, or we can make a Free for all thread))

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

It crashes here too (AmigaOne G3/800, 512 Mb RAM, Radeon 9200 Pro, Amiga OS 4 with July Update).

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nbache

Quote:
Go to intellicast.com, enter "liverpool,uk" in the Local Weather search box near the top.
Although it works with the Linux version of OWB it's not something in the AmigaOS4 parts which causes the crash, for example if I change the User-Agent in the OS4 OWB to the one used by the Linux version it doesn't crash but instead there is an endless loop somewhere, OWB doesn't react any more and even a warm reboot doesn't work. Seems to be one of the many memory trashing bugs of WebKit

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
@nbache

Although it works with the Linux version of OWB it's not something in the AmigaOS4 parts which causes the crash, for example if I change the User-Agent in the OS4 OWB to the one used by the Linux version it doesn't crash but instead there is an endless loop somewhere, OWB doesn't react any more and even a warm reboot doesn't work. Seems to be one of the many memory trashing bugs of WebKit
That's funny -- so you say just by changing the string used as User-Agent you avoid the DSI? Is the AmigaOS one maybe too long or otherwise malformed or something? As for the endless loop and non-reaction, that might be the same symptom as what I see after the GR when ignoring DSIs. So maybe there are two different issues in this?

Just speculating here.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@joerg

I'm getting strange lines and distortion here with various sites, but most notably with quoting on vBulletin-based forums.

Random thread from random forum:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums ... thread.php?t=20765&page=2

and a screenshot

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

The Finnish Broadcasting corporation's site http://www.yle.fi/ causes a GR + a lockup (that's why no crash log included) when navigating to its sports pages (link at the left side of window 'URHEILU'). Using Amigaone G4/800, WB 52.1,/OS4, OWB 1.24.Marko

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@blmara

Quote:

causes a GR + a lockup (that's why no crash log included)

In this case you should warm reboot and use:
C:DumpDebugBuffer >RAM:debug.log

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
I'm getting strange lines and distortion here with various sites, but most notably with quoting on vBulletin-based forums.

Random thread from random forum:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums ... thread.php?t=20765&page=2

and a screenshot
Doesn't happen here, I only get gfx errors in the 2nd to last lines of the "Quote" and "Post Reply" images.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00

Thanks, I managed to get the crash log through SashimiPPC window (didn't actually open GR window).

http://crashlog.os4depot.net/cl53

Marko

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

What I miss most in OWB is Flash and Quicktime and .mov video plugins and the ability to right click a image and select download from a menu, like you can in AW and IBrowse. I only use ibrowse now when I go to sites that have videos or when I need to r-click for downloading images.

renoir

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
last version of OWB for OS4 doesn't permitt to submit a report on SourgeForge tracker...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andrea
@Joerg

May i ask what the status is of DoDuo for OS4?

There is an aweful lot of noise on the OWB ml, tech talk
mainly, but the website says it's in "beta"?

Will there be an intermediate update from one of you maybe?

What about the items on Andrea's OWB site, any progress?

Thank you

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
May i ask what the status is of DoDuo for OS4?

There is an aweful lot of noise on the OWB ml, tech talk
mainly, but the website says it's in "beta"?
That sits says, the planned milestone for DoDuo is 15th June, so I would think we have a few days to wait.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Swoop

Quote:
That sits says, the planned milestone for DoDuo is 15th June, so I would think we have a few days to wait.
More likely a few weeks. I have access to the Doduo pre-release sources since Monday, built the new libs required and managed to build an executable on OS4 already (which just crashes on start ), but a lot changed and I have to port all AmigaOS4 parts to the new Doduo OWBAL.

I don't think releasing AmigaOS4 Doduo betas (first using SDL, without tool bar, embedded or freetype instead of AmigaOS4 fonts, etc.) and updates with just some parts ported or added, like with Blastoise, would make much sense, it's probably better to only release it when the port is completed (at the same level as the Blastoise port at least), but that will take some time.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:
There is an aweful lot of noise on the OWB ml
Nothing about the new version yet, someone has problems porting the old one to his system.

Quote:
What about the items on Andrea's OWB site, any progress?
Copy&Paste is working in 1.24.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for the updates

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 »