Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 103

Georg, root, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmiUpdate 2.49 crash bug
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nube

My catalog was updated recently according to latest 2.48 changes.. the problem you describe make me think that you are using an old version of my catalog, or the version that AmiUpdate picked for you is the old one.. for now try download it manually from os4depot.net and then install both files in their proper directories (read the readme)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
@nbache

They should add md5 check, to make sure its downloaded correct before installing.
Good idea - in principle.

But first: "They" would be Rigo, who is the author of AmiUpdate and the database and server infrastructure behind it.

And while he could of course implement an MD5 check into the AmiUpdate program and a new field in the database to hold the MD5 sum, it would also require someone (or more likely something, like a script) to calculate the correct MD5 sums of each and every application maintained in the database, which would involve downloading it from the path indicated in the database (hoping the network and servers stay up during the process, and no application is changed in the meantime). And recalculate it every time the application is updated.

I don't see that happening any time soon.

But hey, I believe there is in issue tracker on the AmiUpdate web site (amiupdate.codebench.co.uk), you could always make an enhancement request there.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Just to be sure, please allow the question:

Is the archive or at least some parts corrupt or was just the download of an user not complete...?

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
PS: Just installed it. Everything fine!
Do not forget to reboot after launching again AmiUpdate.

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

Can as simple as requiring the filename to have md5 sum in the filename to be in the database.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)