Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: ISO making SW
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
On my A4000/060 and Amiga OS3 RTG I always Used MasterISO and never had problems, you can Burn I create ISO, you can also create Bootable CD for CD32 and CDTV

I attach an old video of mine showing how to create a bootable CD for CD32

https://youtu.be/6jXWNYCLJAE

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324
Quote:
Is AmiDVD the software?
I heard, before, that a third party sata controller was needed. Like some SIL thing that you plugged into PCI(e) and that you plugged your drive into.
The enhancer software version of AmiDVD should work with any SCSI, PATA and SATA controller supported by AmigaOS 4.x, incl. the onboard classic Amiga A1200/A4000/CyberStormPPC/BlizzardPPC, as well as the NG EyeTech AmigaOne SE/XE/μ-A1, Sam440/460, X1000 and X5000 ones. IIRC only the A4000T SCSI controller doesn't work, but that's not a problem in AmiDVD but the scsi.device driver.
AFAIK the only problem with the current public enhancer version of AmiDVD is that it doesn't work with some beta X1000 and X5000 (and maybe A1222) kernels, for them a not yet released beta version of AmiDVD is required.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Tried to burn a cd with amidvd (Enhancer 2.2) using the P50x0sata.device.
Did not work. Got an error. Something with scsi command errors iirc.

Created an iso instead with Amigaos4 boot checked and burned it on a pc. But my X5000 hang during initialization of the cdrom/drive. So even before the boot partition selection of Amigaboot.

No problems booting the a CD of the final edition iso which was burned on a pc.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi jörg.

@joergQuote:
joerg wrote:@rjd324
AFAIK the only problem with the current public enhancer version of AmiDVD is that it doesn't work with some beta X1000 and X5000 (and maybe A1222) kernels, for them a not yet released beta version of AmiDVD is required.

any idea when this beta is available for use?
i found that amidvd from enhancer 2 is not working with my beta x5000 system when i wanted to create a new boot medium.

thanks and regards...
michael

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

Quote:
I heard, before, that a third party sata controller was needed. Like some SIL thing that you plugged into PCI(e) and that you plugged your drive into.

I can only think it would be needed on an XE so that full DMA modes can be used. Otherwise it's not needed for operation. No reason MakeCD or AmiDVD needs one as it should be fine on in built controller.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@geennaam

Quote:
Did not work. Got an error. Something with scsi command errors iirc.

I've seen similar before. I think it's just a bit sloppy and is a write error that doesn't appear in a nice error window. At this point I usually check the disc and change my drive as I find one I have always seems to have problems. Even when using AmiDVD to image it and just read from it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Regarding that beta of AmiDVD.

I just found a typo in AmiDVD v1.53 (06.03.2022)

Quote:

Error: creating the image file failed, deleteing partial file

deleteing doesn't sound right

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)