Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Stack USB 3.0 for OS4 at Pianeta Amiga 2012
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

With regards to both NDK and GCC/binutils I'm not in the know. The time I have for Amiga related developments I spend on improving the USB area.

@billt
The USB stack should have enough to be able to support USB3. I haven't read up on the USB3 spec in detail, but the basics should be covered. All the nasty work I believe is with the HCD and the hub driver :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks for answering. Do you still build with the stock SDK or have you and other OS4 devs moved unofficially to one of the newer GCCs?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@NinjaCyborg
As far as I remember I'm still using the tools from the latest SDK. I don't deal much with the tooling - it's a tool and if it's working and doing what I need I have no need to change it just because a newer version exist :)

I can't speak for other devs - I would believe it varies a great deal, so you'll probably find all sorts of tool chain versions being used.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thanks and yes I suspected that to be the case and that is a problem I think, all devs should really be using same version of same toolchain to make collaboration easier and make debugging easier. That some use newer GCC is fine if only they share so everyone can use same one.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

It really doesn't make that much difference. Unless your compiling with C++ in which case you might need the later gcc for the more recent c++ features. The OS though is almost all C.

When it comes to "sharing" all the builds are available at the adtools project.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@NinjaCyborg

gcc 9 and 10 (and 11) thread
and
sodero's pre releases
where 10.3.0-2 currently holds the 11.1.0 pre release which i succesfully recompiled ScummVM with.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)