Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »
Re: OS4.1 Update 1 problems & solutions
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@RacerX

No it's unfortunately not possible to scale the icons in amidock.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

Interesting, have Hyperion in ToDO list more improved works on AmiDock ? For example auto-resizing of icons and some nice visual effect when you move mouse by that icons (like on macosx or kind) will be very nice :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@HammerD

I burned the cd with nero, 16x (the slowest speed) and disc-at-once and now it works. I burned it 2x with AmiDVD before and both doesn't work.

Many thanks for your help!!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
TurboCalc 4.0 shows no menus.
I'm running it on it's own screen, exactly the same config as under OS4.1 pre-update, yet the menu strip is blank. This makes it impossible to use.

You need to copy accross some TCalc files, I don't have time to look at this now, but I will later.
In the mean time looking HERE might help.
Direct Link

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@RacerX

Quote:
Is there a way to re-size the icons in AmiDock? I use a 1024x768 screen and the new icons look too big next to my old ones. Plus I can only get about 12 on one line (I had 17 with the previous version) I looked all through the AmiDock prefs but I didn't see anything about changing the icon sizes.

Amidock just uses the program icon.
Have you tried scaling the original icon, and then adding it to Amidock?

I have not yet installed update1, so it's just my first thought.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

I was thinking the same, actually dragging icons on dock isn't comfortable, unless you widen the dock on an empty area ...

IMHO MacOS-X style is the way

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Swoop

Nope, i not try it (at moment download update), but even if it will be possible manually scall every icon and put their to amidock - that amidock itself must to do.

I.e. you put any icons of any size in amydock, and amidock auto-resize everything to the X/Y which you choice in preferences. For now amidock not have that (hope will in future).

@Samo79
Quote:

actually dragging icons on dock isn't comfortable, unless you widen the dock on an empty area

Yep, i never use that strange amidock's D&D :) I only use AmiDock just for placing all the icons fine at bottom of screen, nothing more :) (just as improved replacement of LeaveOut). Anyway it's better than LeaveOut of course, but still need some new features in it.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have an A1XEG4 1Ghz and I lost a lot of time in insalling the OS411 but solved the problem... maybe 1-2 hours later.

Well, first I formatted the sys partition and try to boot de CD... but nothing worked. I burned the ISO with AmiDVD (stopped at 47%), used FryingPan but couldn't find any ISO file... finally I used the old good piece of soft : MakeCD and I could burn it.

I booted from the CD and ... it didn't work... mmmhhh... I've tried then to boot from the OS4.0 and when arrived on the workbench screen (form CD) I copied all the OS4.1.1 files on the formatted partition. I restart the Amiga with boot device CD-ROM and I finally could install it.

Now I only have to copy some libraries from my OS41 partition and all programs should work.

If I will have any problems I will come here :)

Nic

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@logicalheart

Quote:
Turbocalc: Version 3.5 works here, but I don't have version 4 to try. Do you get the same results if you display it on the Workbench screen instead of its own?

I was going to try that, but the default is to open on a new screen, and my config file is set to a new screen, and the options to change it are in the menus!

I'm going to have to set up dual-boot to my old OS4.1 I think to reconfigure it.

edit: I've just tried the demo of TurboCalc 3.5 (and 5.0) on Aminet and get the same menu problem!

@Swoop

That's a different issue unfortunately.

@Dragster

Quote:
I've installed this great update it on my Peg II.. I'm almost done migrating apps and such.. but I found a little problem with WET forecaster.. docky app icon won't come up in amidock if both commodities are loaded from wbstartup prefs at boot, it only shows up if I start WET after amidock is running...

I have exactly the same problem with WifiSignal.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Thread

After installing 4.1.1 On my Sam Flex My Amiga keyboard attached to my Catweasle IV suddenly sprang into to life.

I tried it again this morning and for some reason it doesn't seem to work any more. :(
I haven't done anything to the system I just switched it off.
Anyone else got this problem?

Wizz.

Rev 1D3 Amiga 1200, Apollo 1240 (40Mhz '040, 64MB RAM), Indivision MKII, Fast ATA MK V, Rapid Road USB, PCMCIA WIFI & OS 3.9.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The old problem with the very first key stroke "stolen" still seems to be there. Just reboot, open the shell and write something - the first letter will be missing.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I fixed the problem with TurboCalc! The issue is that the menus are all in a catalog file - there are no in-built strings. If you've set Locale to only include languages that TurboCalc has no menu catalog for, you get no menus.

I had set English-British as my language during the install and not bothered to go back into Locale prefs later. If I had I would have realised that I didn't have English set as secondary langauge, which was ultimately what caused the problem.

Anybody else who encounters this, make sure you have English, German, French or Italian somewhere in your preferred languages list.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Posted this on Amigaworld but I might as well do it here too... This is my problem:

--

I have trouble with this installation... Well, actually it goes great until it's finished.

When I get to configure my net connection it doesn't work. I go through the settings, doing everything like I used to, but it just doesn't connect.

ETH3COM simply times out without finding a connection. I didn't have this problem before.

Then when I reboot it hangs on the AmigaOS4.1 screen forever... Forcing me to boot through the cd...

I went through the installation three times with the same result...

What should I do?

MicroA1 - 800Mhz G3, 512MB
A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skov

Can it be cos of trying to get hold of the net? STrange that you can't get the nnet working. Worked like a charm here. In fact the hardest part on getting update 1 up and running was trying to download the update cos of the problems on their server.

Can you get to the early startup and edit the startup sequence and remove the net loading and see??? Probably won't help,but worth a try.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Skov

Some her, then i set a static ip and then it worked.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
A problem I've noticed and I'm pretty positive it wasn't there before the update is that when in 32-bit colr and open Dopus 4 at the same color depth, when selecting files in a lister there's a big lag, ie your pointer has reached file number 50 and Dopus has marked at the same time up to file number 35 and takes a second until it reaches 50, dunno if I'm clear enough. Just try to do this in (mark files) in Dopus under 1920x1080x32bit and you'll see what I mean. It has nothing to do with the slightly newer dopus4 version either, the older one behaves the same under the update. Now switch to the same resolution and 16-bit depth and it works fine. The problem is that if dopus is set at 16bit the screen switching between dopus and workbench screens is big. Maybe it's the drop shadows that make a difference as they're not available in any mode below 32-bit. Is there a way to disable them for particular screens only?

EDIT: I disabled the drop shadows while in 32bit mode both in wb and dopus and indeed that's what causes the dopus slowdown.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Antique

I tried this in the startup-sequence...

RUN>NIL: C:AddNetInterface QUIET DEVS:NetInterfaces/~(#?.info)

Is this right? It did boot perfectly but asked me to insert device RUN>NIL:

Hmm... Still no luck with the net... will try to set up static IP but I suck at those things...

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Skov

That should be "Run >NIL: ...", note the space.

Although running that command is definitely not recommended.

As for the stalled boot, you'll find that is caused by the fact that the network settings are imcomplete, and the network interface is trying to locate your network but with incorrect parameters. Just leave it, and it will time-out, and the boot will continue.

As has been said elsewhere, try a static configuration.

Simon

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Rigo

I don't mean to be anoying - really! - but I need to be talked through a static setup... I found a quite on how to do it on Windows and it seems very much the same, but it didn't work, when I tried it...

A1200 - 50Mhz 030, 16MB
CD32
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »