Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 126

sailor, salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: new Hyperion Site
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
As the updates are small you can always load the page and use the option " save as "

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktadd

> Use ClipDown from OS4Depot for download capability in OWB.

No thanks, I use IB most of the time. I do not like the Reaction interface in OWB so only use it for a few sites that IB fails with.

Anyway you can download the new files in IB but the CSS layout of the new site is awful.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @salass00
2 updates for OS4.1 on AmigaOne as well.
Umm, i re-registerd and converted my OS4.0 &OS4.1 registrations and checked the downloads. It showed no files!
Thanks Hyperion for the new web site it looks great!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
if you like FREESPACE you should also like SILENT THREAT addon for FREESPACE.

this has not been converted for the amiga but i love this addon.

you be a expert after playing this addon,very hard even in medium settings.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:
@ktadd

> Use ClipDown from OS4Depot for download capability in OWB.

No thanks, I use IB most of the time. I do not like the Reaction interface in OWB so only use it for a few sites that IB fails with.

Anyway you can download the new files in IB but the CSS layout of the new site is awful.

Few sites??? LOL. Almost 99,99% of modern website. I just suggest to you to give newer OWB (and after installing AISS) a try. It is fast and modern. The GUI is simple but nice, much more better than the old version.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@BillE

Quote:

BillE wrote:

Why use CSS, why not standrad HTNL that is guaranteed to work on any browser ?

Bill.

I think the problem is about you and not about browsers. CSS are standard. A modern website without CSS??? I would consider Hyperion unprofessional. Just use OWB, you can't blame Hyperion for this. You have the tools, if you don't use them it is just your fault.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ikir

I have to agree with Ikir, please stop old beaviour, we are in 2009 now ...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I've restored my old OS4.0 registration, but can't get my new OS 4.1 registration done - it's saying invalid serial number

Other than that, love the new site. It's a massive improvement over the old one.

Edit: before anyone asks, I've sent an email to Hyperion.

Edit 2: my mail bounced

Professional Python and SQL Developer / BASI 2 Snowboard Instructor
Amigan since 1990: AmigaOne XE / A4000/030 / A500
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Ah, Much better, Both OS's re-registered & both 4.1 updates installed. Thanks Hyperion! :)

Wizz.

Rev 1D3 Amiga 1200, Apollo 1240 (40Mhz '040, 64MB RAM), Indivision MKII, Fast ATA MK V, Rapid Road USB, PCMCIA WIFI & OS 3.9.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

Snuffy wrote:
Hi @salass00
2 updates for OS4.1 on AmigaOne as well.
Umm, i re-registerd and converted my OS4.0 &OS4.1 registrations and checked the downloads. It showed no files!
Thanks Hyperion for the new web site it looks great!

Same here, re-registered OS4.0 & OS4.1 for A1 and no update files.

Trev Daley.

EDIT: Ok, solved the problem.

Click ?Downloads? which brings you to a list of your available downloads.

Click on the link that follows the yellow directory icon, this brings you to the same page.

Click on the same link again, this brings you to the same page agian. This time the files will be there.

Ciao.
Trev Daley

Edited by tldaley on 2009/2/25 23:54:05
AmigaOneXE G4/800Mhz * 512Mb Ram * Radeon 9200SE * AOS4.1.1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tldaley

cant remember my old password.but **** it.
i re-regsterd both my os 4.0 and os 4.1

later on i will regster freespace.

was ther a freespace 2 out ???

<watch the language - mod>

Edited by Rigo on 2009/2/26 3:35:39
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@BillE

Quote:
This part sucks big time:

It's called progress.

Quote:
What a slap in the face to Amiga users. OWB can't do downloads and the standard workhorse of the Amiga OS is discouraged.

Because the standard Amiga workhorse is getting old.

Quote:
I expect this from banks and non-Amiga sites that do not know any better but for the main Amiga OS site to insist we use another computer to do things is EXTREMELY BAD.

I really don't get what your problem is. OWB works perfectly well, so what is the issue?

Quote:

For what it's worth, CSS is a standard, and it is such since November 1997 when CSS 2.0 was released (not even counting CSS 1.0 here). It took Amiga browsers this long to catch up, which in itself is already quite shameful.

Quote:
Is this 'progress' just for its own sake ?

No, it's progress. Plain and simple. Your line of argument could get us back to the good old 80x25 Text terminals - after all, who needs all that fancy graphics stuff.

Quote:
BTW. The site does look really crap in IBrowse, odd that they did it this way as that is the browser MOST Amiga users will be using !

Actually, it's not true. If I look at the usage statistics on friedenhq.net, most Amiga users use Firefox under Windows or Linux, which is a clear indication that there is something wrong with AmigaOS' browser selection. Thankfully, OWB fills the gap now, and it only needs a few more features like Download support to be a full replacement.

Yes, the site looks crap in IBrowse. That's IBrowse' fault, not the web site. If you run it through a standards compliance test, it will show you that it adheres to current web standards. Unfortunately, IBrowse doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash IBrowse here. I know that there is probably little incentive to work on an ambitious project like a CSS-capable AmigaOS browser. All I am trying to say is that time didn't stand still, and now that we have actual access to CSS browsers, I don't see any reason whatsoever to stick with an outdated HTML only page (if you can find a CMS that actually works without CSS anymore) just for a trip down memory lane.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MetalJoe

If in doubt, try a PM here on the site... or try my email address on FriedenHQ (Hans-Joerg at friedenhq.org)

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Rogue wrote:
Quote:

For what it's worth, CSS is a standard, and it is such since November 1997 when CSS 2.0 was released (not even counting CSS 1.0 here). It took Amiga browsers this long to catch up, which in itself is already quite shameful.

When I set up my website, I originally wanted to use just plain HTML, but I quickly gave up on that idea. CSS makes layout and style much easier to do.

It's a pity that Ibrowse 3.0 still isn't here (I'm not expecting it to come any more), but we finally have OWB and NetSurf (just wish Netsurf had javascript too).

Instead of slowing down website developers, we should be encouraging further development of OWB.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MetalJoe

Quote:
Edit: before anyone asks, I've sent an email to Hyperion.

Edit 2: my mail bounced

The "webmaster@" email address doesn't work, I had the same problem.
Try "Hans-JoergF @". At least that one was sent, but I haven't had a reply yet.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Rogue

"if you can find a CMS that actually works without CSS anymore"

- Snack!
- Liquorice

:)

Base engine used by amigabounty, os4depot sub sites and openamiga.

Not saying that the new hyperion site is bad for using CSS though, just doing some shameless advertising ;)

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Welp

enrolled happily

classic and SAM registered fine and SAM updates retrieved

but for me too Pre-OS for A1 serial invalid

guess there is a continuing glitch there OR Pre-OS for A1 has been scrapped

thanks for the work all involved...

onwards and upwards!

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

orgin wrote:
@Rogue

"if you can find a CMS that actually works without CSS anymore"

- Snack!
- Liquorice

:)

Base engine used by amigabounty, os4depot sub sites and openamiga.

Never checked those, I took a mainstream CMS because I needed to be able to write the registration and download components, and have developer support for it. Plus, Joomla has a good number of extensions available which we might need at one point.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Hans

Quote:

Hans wrote:

When I set up my website, I originally wanted to use just plain HTML, but I quickly gave up on that idea. CSS makes layout and style much easier to do.

When I made FriedenHQ, I used MediaWiki and managed to get it IBrowse-compatible, but the result looks mediocre at best and is hard to maintain as a non-wiki site, so I am considering switching it over to Joomla as well.

CSS has been around since ages (CSS 2.0 came out November 1997), so there is no point in NOT using it. It's about the same as stating that PNG is bad and GIF should be used instead.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
See on the site : link

"Key staff-members of Hyperion Entertainment serve as technology consultants to Amiga Inc. which is in the process of relaunching the famous ?80 platform"

Is it an old or a new information ?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »