Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

BSzili, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: OWB 3.4
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jorg

Are tabs next? Please say yes! :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@jahc

Hey...use the AROS version, it has tabs :=)

But I don't think it is out yet :(

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ricossa

Seems to work properly on my ?A1/OS 4.1 system. Maybe it's a specific link?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79
Fantastic! I would prefer an RMB or Shift-RMB for the context menu but some people like the OS4 main program menus to pop up for RMB. However, it might be a little more complicated to get all RMB presses and still have the main menubar menus available.

I do have a suggestion that could temporarily solve D/L inability, Add a command like "External", "Command" or "Execute" to the context menu which calls an external command like the Tools/ExternalBookmark menu it does.
The command could be set with a TOOLTYPE similar to the BOOKMARKCOMMAND TOOLTYPE. It should pass arguments for the link , the screen name OWB is running on and the OWB ARexx port name.

Speaking of ARexx ports; could the OWB port name or nameing sheme be incluced in the readme?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@joerg

Thanks for another great update OWB is very much needed by all of us

Amiga is the heart and soul of computing nothing else comes close
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

"context menu" is really cool hope to see download support soon.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@retro

Quote:

faster ????

hehehe it runs faster then firefox here

a decent flash player build ind thing soo wee can start to see all those news clip and youtube

but number one is filetransfar

Sure filetransfer was the major prioroty!

But speed here(A1SE@666) wasnt so good...ok its fast enough to use it but not to fully enjoy it unfotunately...but ATM I prefer to get new features that speed... ;-P
However if an hw acc Cairo was released(maybe one day...?) things goes well itself

A Flash support was however preferibly to that atm...

GOOS WORK TO ALL involved!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

LiveForIt wrote:
"context menu" is really cool hope to see download support soon.

The tools are present to do an external D/L now. Here is how I'm doing it:

Since I'm not using an external BookMark command I have set the OWB TOOLTYPE BOOKMARKCOMMAND=owb_dl %s %s and created a shell script named "owb_dl" to open HTTPResume to do the download.

Here is the script:

; AmigaDOS Script for D/L files with HTTPResume
.key owb_port,owb_screen,xxxx/F
.def owb_port "none"
.def owb_screen "WorkBench"
.bra {
.ket }

HTTPResume GUI STARTDIR="RAM:" NOCACHE PUBSCREEN={owb_screen}
;End of script

I copied the script to the OWB directory, made sure the "S" protection bit was set and set the BOOKMARKCOMMAND as listed above. When I want to D/L a file I open the context menu and select "Copy Link Location"; then I select the OWB Tools/OWBbookmark menu item. HTTPResume opens a window and I click the "<" gadget (beside the URL string gadget) to paste in the copied link.
I select a filename and start the download. Works good so far :)

HTTPResume is available on Aminet and seems to work fine with OS 4.1. Be sure it is somewhere in the shell command path (like C:) for the above script to work. Also read the HTTPResume guide; there are a lot of arguments that can be used to customize the downloads.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg

OWB is certainly progressing. I only have a minor problem to report. When I open OWB on an open public screen (my Internet screen), OWB takes the focus (becomes the active window) but doesn't bring the screen to the front. It would make more sense for it to pop the screen to the front if it's the active window. Other than that OWB is great! Keep up the good work.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@COBRA
Quote:
Excellent release, nice and smooth, love the context menus, although it would be better if it worked with the right mouse button like it usually does on other browsers.
I used the middle mouse button for the context menus to be able to access the normal menus with the right mouse button from everywhere, when using the right mouse button for the context menus instead you have to move the mouse pointer outside of the webview to be able to access the normal menus, i.e. it's as annoying as for example in IBrowse.
AWeb IIRC uses <alt>LMB by default for the context menus, but I've configured it to use the middle mouse button for them as well.
I'll add a tooltype in the next version of OWB to use the right mouse button for the context menus.

Quote:
I do have a suggestion. now that OWB has a built-in bookmark function,
Not really, I just changed it to work directly with OWB instead of using ARexx commands and for OWB Galekid added support for multiple windows, but the main parts of it are still the same as in the external version ( http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... twork/browser/owb_gui.lha ) and it's still a completely separate part and not integrated in OWB.

Quote:
would it be possible to have the bookmarks accessible via menu? E.g. a menu item called 'Bookmarks' that would contain two items "Add Bookmark" and "Manage Bookmarks", then a separator bar, followed by the list of bookmarks that could be picked from the menu to load the bookmarked pages.
Currently OWB doesn't have access to the internal bookmark data, incl. the URLs, and for adding them to a menu it would have to be a bookmark which not only stores the URLs, which are often way too long for a menu, but a (changeable) title as well.
Maybe using Tuomas Hokka's OWBBook instead would be better.

@sofistisoftware
Quote:
Thanks very excellent job ! Little problem if you have two or more OWB windows open and you try to use popup menu, the position of it isn't correct.
Will be fixed in the next version.

Quote:
With future version of hardware accelerated Cairo version can we have a fast OWB ??
Huh!? The AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB is very fast.
What exactly and compared to which browser (FireFox, Opera, Epiphany-WebKit, ..., running on the same AmigaOne or SAM440ep of course) do you think is slow in OWB?
With a hardware accelerated Cairo it would be slower, not faster. For hardware acceleration the surfaces have to be in the gfx card memory but only a few things like compositing images and filling rects can be hardware accelerated, most operations OWB uses, for example rendering text, can't be and accessing the gfx card RAM with the CPU, especially reading from it, is much slower than rendering everything in main RAM with the CPU and only copying the final result to the gfx card.

@Ruud
Quote:
The "enter regional store" button at www.amigakit.com no longer seems to work.
Works here.

Quote:
Pop up menus seem better for selecting items but on some sites even though the item is selected nothing happens.
Since I haven't found a site with such a problem I need an example to check it.

@retro
Quote:
a decent flash player build ind thing soo wee can start to see all those news clip and youtube
For that someone else has to port a flash browser plugin to AmigaOS 4.x, for example the gnash one ( http://www.amigabounty.net/?function=viewproject&projectid=31 ).

@Vulture
Quote:
Btw, as there's a context menu now and owb has an arexx port and since download support will take quite some time to happen, would it be possible to add an item in the context menu to send the download to Charon or a similar program with an arexx port as suggested in the past?
Should be possible, but downloading that way would only work using the context menu, not when clicking download links.

@jahc
Quote:
Are tabs next? Please say yes! :)
Implementing tabs is very easy, maybe I'll add it in the next version. But it will very likely only work on AmigaOS 4.1, not on AmigaOS 4.0 since it would be much more work supporting old versions of clicktab.gadget as well.

@xenic
Quote:
I only have a minor problem to report. When I open OWB on an open public screen (my Internet screen), OWB takes the focus (becomes the active window) but doesn't bring the screen to the front. It would make more sense for it to pop the screen to the front if it's the active window.
The screen will be put to front in the next version.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:
Implementing tabs is very easy, maybe I'll add it in the next version. But it will very likely only work on AmigaOS 4.1, not on AmigaOS 4.0 since it would be much more work supporting old versions of clicktab.gadget as well.

Yes, please add tabs!

If not tabs, what else have you got in mind for upcoming releases? Context menus was pretty cool.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Yep tab would be cool to have now, but as the download IMHO we can wait a little more if you can do a system to implement it both on AmigaOS 4.0 and 4.1 without strange hacks ...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Yup, downloading if only solely through the context menu, would be great. far better than no download at all I'd say :)

You're also correct about the middle mouse button, it's better that way. Adding a tooltype, as you said, would be great too. I understand that's a lot of work and I can only say that it'd be nice to have tabs on 4.0 too, but it's not the most important thing in the universe if it's too much work.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

Huh!? The AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB is very fast.

Just to know,
why scrolling was some times rather fast(ex: http://w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.aspx)
and sometimes really slow(ex: http://www.amigapage.it)?
Almost here with A1SE and Radeon 9250.
However OWB operativity in general wasnt so fast here...response times wasnt so good for a 666MHz cpu I think...
Maybe for a slow rendering speed...and maybe that was a fault of the original OWB not of the Amiga version(never tryed OWB on windows)...

A suggestion:
When iconify OWB why not use owb window title to name icons? If I iconify 2/3 or 4 owb windows I cant know how to uniconify...

GOOD WORK!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Tuxedo

Amigapage is a little slow also on my computer visiting Amigapage (I use Firefox on a Pentium III 800Mhz) so I think that it is an "hardware fault" that isn't too fast reading some backgrounds ... :-/

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuxedo

Quote:
Just to know,
why scrolling was some times rather fast(ex: http://w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.aspx)
and sometimes really slow(ex: http://www.amigapage.it)?
amigapage.it can't be scrolled because of the background image with fixed position, instead of moving the contents of the page up/down and only drawing the small new parts the browsers have to redraw the whole visible area when scrolling.
But scrolling on amigapage.it is faster in the AmigaOS 4.x port of OWB than for example in FireFox/Iceweasel.

Quote:
However OWB operativity in general wasnt so fast here...response times wasnt so good for a 666MHz cpu I think...
Compared to what? Did you try for example Iceweasel or Opera on Linux on your A1SE?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@joerg
I just provided a script to start OWB from IBrowse in another thread titled: "Opening OWB from IBrowse". Please check it out and add any corrections that might be necessary. Does OWB actually need the 500000+ stack shown in the OWB icon? I used a similar stack size in the script I posted in the above mentioned thread and just want to be sure that it's correct.

I noticed that when run from a shell, I don't get an argument template when I enter "OWB ?". Are there multiple arguments (other than the URL which seems to work) and if so what is the TEMPLATE for them?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

It is a nice browser and fine work Joerg!

Not sure if this means anything but recently I was browsing this site and decided I might as well put up an avatar.

Went to upload one in 'view account' clicking on 'avatar' button

In OWB 3.4 nothing happened I used IBrowse with Java on. Small thing I'm sure.

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Slayer

Quote:
Not sure if this means anything but recently I was browsing this site and decided I might as well put up an avatar.

Went to upload one in 'view account' clicking on 'avatar' button

In OWB 3.4 nothing happened I used IBrowse with Java on. Small thing I'm sure.
OWB doesn't support file uploads.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
OWB doesn't support file uploads.

of course, I knew about that just didn't click for any form of file transferring

~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »