Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 106

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: NetSurf2.0(dev) Bugs Thread
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

I'm using a 16 bit screenmode and it's working fine.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@VooDoo

Did you put it in the NetSurf directory or in NetSurf/Resources? (it needs to be in Resources)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

"What are you trying to do with shift? It's not being sent through to NetSurf yet, except in the case of forms."

it's just in that case

it seems to be slow to understand that I've pressed shift to write a ")(="?$%(%" etc...

"Minimum font size can be changed by opening Resources/Options in notepad and searching for font_min_size (there's also font_size which you'll need to add to the file, but modify that at your own risk!)"

Done thanks!
It's a your custom file setting or original NetSurf engine uses that kind of config file? If you haven't any project in mind to port netsurf on OS3/AROS/MOS I suggest you (if it's a your custom config file) to use application.library which gives the feature to have xml config file... I believe that a good Reaction prefs frontend for that kind of prefs can be written by some of Reaction fan without to encrease your work

And yes, a docky icon from which iconify/deiconify with a click could be useful (see my NoWinED [on my site] behaviour)

"100% CPU usage is because it doesn't Wait() - it seems to want to go off and do other things which prevented me from doing this. I need to revisit it as it could just be the scheduler. It's very much on my list."

Good work and thanks

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Oh sorry man ...Now I put this file in Resource dir..and .... IT WORKS :) yeah it works great on 16BIT screen... Very good browser is fast and nice...again thx Crhis!!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ShInKurO

OK, that's Intuition not picking it up, probably due to the CPU usage problem.

Quote:
It's a your custom file setting or original NetSurf engine uses that kind of config file? If you haven't any project in mind to port netsurf on OS3/AROS/MOS I suggestyou (if it's a your custom config file) to use application.library which gives the feature to have xml config file... I believe that a good Reaction prefs frontend for thatkind of prefs can be written by some of Reaction fan without to encrease your work

It's an original netSurf config file, I have no plans or intention to change it, however I will be adding a prefs GUI at some point to modify the options.

Oh, and I hate XML config files, if it was my file format I'd probably have set it to use tooltypes instead.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Here :

http://cmkon.org

the greek text comes out as lots of

??????????

It works well in owb

Luca

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Ricossa

It only converts to your system default charset at the moment, i need to find a way to detect the best-fit charset of UTF-8 text (codesets.library's function which I thought did this, actually doesn't, so I reverted back to system default only).

codeset's mapforeignchars, which might have displayed the text a bit, seems very unstable when I tried it.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Raziel

I've just applied a load of SVN updates (including internal support for tabs - so that gives me no excuse I guess) and the amigaworld/amiga.org blank areas problem seems to have been fixed, so that must have been in the core somewhere rather than - as I thought - my graphics functions going haywire.

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

That's good news for you as well as the rest of us I suspect.

Been impressed by what I have seen so far.
The speed is very impressive on a 166mhz BPPC.
Doesn't seem to need much in the way of memory either.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris

Thanks a lot for fixing the issues .. and so fast

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Raziel

The ScummVM one is fixed also.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Nice work so far!

How can I make it start in a Workbench window instead of opening its own screen?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

for UTF you could use the uni.library and unisupp, you find them on Aminet :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ShInKurO

Quote:
for UTF you could use the uni.library and unisupp, you find them on Aminet :)
I didn't find uni.library, but according to the readme UniSupport.lha is just as redundant on OS4 as the codesets.library he is using already is. For UTF and other charsets conversations the iconv functions of the OS4 C library can be used, and if you don't need UTF you can use diskfont.library for converting between unicode and 8 bit charsets as well (IDiskfont->ObtainCharsetInfo() DFCS_MAPTABLE).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@joerg

Yep, I have UTF-8 conversion functions here that I should really be utilising. however, what i really need is a function that tells me which charset is the best match for my UTF-8 string.

the only thing I can find which comes close is codeset's FindBest(), and that appears to always return US-ASCII or ISO-8859-1 even if I'm feeding it something more exotic in UTF-8, so doesn't really help.

Chris

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris & joerg

http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/UniLibDev

I use it for NoWinED, it has UniCheckEncoding() to check what format is used...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@ShInKurO

no, doesn't help - only identifies whether it is UTF-8, UTF-16 or non-Unicode. I already know my strings are UTF-8.

I need something which will tell me if my UTF-8 string is a best match for ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-5, ISO-8859-8 or whatever.

I can't directly print UTF-8 strings, for starters diskfont.library will crash if I request charset 106 (UTF-8). If I could do that, the conversion would be unnecessary.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
however, what i really need is a function that tells me which charset is the best match for my UTF-8 string.
No, you don't, at least not for the final version.

You have to convert everything to 32 bit, or at least 16 bit, Unicode instead, which is no problem, and use the bullet API to get the glyphs and draw them manually which isn't easy. The new OS4 diskfont.liibrary functions make it a little bit easier, but the general problem is still the same as it was in AmigaOS 2.x: To display Unicode text you have to render the individual glyphs yourself, there is no function in AmigaOS which can render Unicode strings using an outline font to a rastport.

Converting everything to 8 bit charsets, (re)opening the font with the correct 8 bit charset and using IGraphics->Text() may work for a lot of languages, but at the latest with languages like Chinese or Japanese using charsets with much more than 256 glyphs it can't work. Since the GTK NetSurf can display for example http://www.yahoo.co.jp/ the AmigaOS4 port should as well.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@joerg

If that's the only option, then that's what I'll do.

btw, is a static version of your libopenssl port available anywhere?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »