Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 139

nubechecorre, MigthyMax, TheMagicSN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: Need a tester
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

And now I will have to book some Time Off work just to try it !

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@fryguy

You'll find Descent 2 is very much like the first one, just a few extra features thrown in.

@AmiGame

Heh, I feel the need to apologize

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

One Day! One Day, I will be able to take part in this!
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/33 ... en3692008012201224nq6.jpg

Edit: Mod For Freespace 2. (and if you can't guess what type of ships/tv series that is a mod of, SHAME ON YOU!)

(Pic waaaay too wide for the screen! - Chris)

Edited by Chris on 2008/6/4 8:57:20
Edited by Chris on 2008/6/4 8:58:20
Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Babylon 5

Rude!

Nissan GTR '08
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rogue

Thanks Rogue. My 2nd hand copy ($5AU) just arrived today, will give it a go over the weekend. You seem to be a little more relaxed in you posts of late, I just have a feeling you are enjoying (or have more time to "play" with) OS4 more at this stage. Thanks for your extra hard work.

ace

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

Thomas and me are working on some porting projects in our spare time (and yeah, Blender is one of them). Descent II was the beginning, I liked the idea because Descent was the first game port we ever did

You actually got some spare time to work on ports for OS4?

Awesome news and worth the wait

Will there be other projects (game-wise) besides 3D shooter?

/me don't like shooter

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Hehe, actually not more time than before, I just got more motivation to do something.

Quote:
Will there be other projects (game-wise) besides 3D shooter?

Thomas is right now working on a port of "Homeworld", that is a strategy game. I am too working on a port of Jagged Alliance 2.

Homeworld has a few little quirks still (render errors on the Harvester, no sound yet, the occasional crash that is probably related to the harvester), but it is quite far advanced already. It needs the new MiniGL 2.0 which should be finished soon.

Jagged Alliance 2 is more or less done. I am working from the "Straciatella" port which is a port to SDL which is, unfortunately, not endian clean, so I had to invest quite a bit of work in it. I am currently cleaning up the code for inclusion in the mainline source code; some of the changes will make the saved games unusable, which is why I did not yet release the port, because other than that it is fully functional, and seems quite stable.

I have a more or less working Descent II GL port in the meantime, too, but that also depends on MiniGL 2.0 so it will have to wait for that.

I am also working on a certain other game that Mickey_C already posted a screenshot of (hint, hint!). That is working quite well already, although the sound does not work yet - it uses OpenAL but probably chooses the native backend instead of SDL, and I haven't implemented the native backend yet (it does nothing).

There are a few other things we would like to do. Those include Blender (again, MiniGL 2.0 dependent) and Warzone 2100 (ditto, it needs evaluators).

I admit that I tend to jump a bit between projects, but that is because I sometimes get tired of one and want to do something else for a change. Since there isn't any time pressure involved, this tends to work.

@acefnq

Quote:
You seem to be a little more relaxed in you posts of late, I just have a feeling you are enjoying (or have more time to "play" with) OS4 more at this stage.

I had a time when I didn't like to do anything AmigaOS4-related in my spare time, but indeed, lately I feel the urge again to do something. It is always fun.

Seriously, if you do want to contact me write me a mail. You're more likely to get a reply then.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mikey_C

I actually tried the Babylon Project, unfortunately I cannot seem to load a mod yet with the port, no idea why, but then, there seems to be a general problem with creating pilots as well, so I guess there is some file system issue.

There are quite a number of interesting mods for fs2_open, including the "Wing Commander Saga" and "Beyond the Red Line", which is a game based on the new Battlestar Galactica. I am not sure, though, whether this needs new code or not; TBP works with the same binary in any case, and you can also play Freespace 1 with fs2_open.

I always wanted to fly a Starfury

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

What I always fund peculiar is that people really think that I wouldn't be doing anything else but work on OS4 all the time. I know this was probably meant as a joke by you, but on a certain other site the usual suspect said when it became known Hans-J?rg was working on JA2: "They should finish OS4 first"....

Well, doh. Guess what, like every other working person in the world, we simply take the liberty not to have work hours around the clock. I guess it would be shocking to know that I even have non-computer hobbies...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@tfrieden

Quote:
I guess it would be shocking to know that I even have non-computer hobbies...

Old car restoration??

Paul

Builder of Frankenthousand The monster A1000
The Young Frankenthousand A1-XE G4
X5000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:

I always wanted to fly a Starfury

Me Too!

Mikey C

No cause is lost if there is but one fool left to fight for it.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tfrieden
@Rogue

Quote:

Quote:

What I always fund peculiar is that people really think that I wouldn't be doing anything else but work on OS4 all the time. I know this was probably meant as a joke by you, but on a certain other site the usual suspect said when it became known Hans-J?rg was working on JA2: "They should finish OS4 first"....

Please, no offence

It wasn't meant as a joke as such, it's just you are so
involved in the OS4 development and self-sacrificing so much
into it that, i thought (when it got very quiet around you)
you might not be able or willing to do anything beside it.
(You explained it already in your last post)

I thought, wow, OS4 is coming along nicely, updates available,
progress being made every day and now two of the core coders
show new projects they did in their spare time - forgive me,
i'm just excited

(I need to add i don't have a single idea how Professional
Coders work - so please forgive any attacks i accidently
hid in my post, it wasn't meant to be)

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rogue

hi rogue.

Quote:

Rogue wrote:
[...]It needs the new MiniGL 2.0 which should be finished soon.[...]

[...]but that also depends on MiniGL 2.0 so it will have to wait for that.[...]
[...]Blender (again, MiniGL 2.0 dependent) and Warzone 2100 (ditto, it needs evaluators).[...]

just a question out of interest.
recently it seems that some hard work has been done to improve minigl.
in which relation is this to the new graphics system of os4 which is in development? this should include a full mesa port (iirc - this is what i read in fora like this).

will minigl then still be a separate project or will minigl then become just a wrapper library?

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@supa frieden twins

that's some heavy titles you've got there! go go go!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Paul

My old Honda Civic is certainly nothing that I would restore

@Razeil

Quote:
It wasn't meant as a joke as such, it's just you are so
involved in the OS4 development and self-sacrificing so much
into it that, i thought (when it got very quiet around you)
you might not be able or willing to do anything beside it.

No offense taken. It's just that lately, working on Amiga related projects became more fun again. I still don't dedicate all my spare time to it (as Thomas already said, both of us have other, even non-computer hobbies) but it gets a more substantial share.

@MichaelMerkel

Quote:
recently it seems that some hard work has been done to improve minigl.
in which relation is this to the new graphics system of os4 which is in development? this should include a full mesa port (iirc - this is what i read in fora like this).

MiniGL has nothing to do with the graphics system. It's a short-term solution, and it will probably not continue after 2.0, or only marginally. A full OpenGL is still the plan. Once that is in place, minigl will become a wrapper, although it might stick around in one form or the other for older graphics cards like the Voodoo - I don't think that we will support Voodoo's with OpenGL, it's not worth the effort.

@spotUP

Quote:
that's some heavy titles you've got there! go go go!

I like the challenge

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

What's wrong with your Honda Civic ? I don't have any problems with mine (1993 1.5DXi).

@Raziel
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What I always fund peculiar is that people really think that I wouldn't be doing anything else but work on OS4 all the time.

I was thinking the same but luckily I didn't say anything on this forum.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

Quote:
What's wrong with your Honda Civic ? I don't have any problems with mine (1993 1.5DXi).

Nothing wrong with it, it's just a standard car... if I think about restoration, I think mostly about a 1968 Corvette or something of that line

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:
Nothing wrong with it, it's just a standard car... if I think about restoration

What about tuning it ?

My favourites are '59 Cadillac or old Volvo Amazon. They look beautiful. But these gasoline prices nowadays... Or if I could get that new "UFO looking" (read: cool looking) Civic someday (Type-R). That would be nice.

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

Yeah, I could put another ROM into it to increase the output, but seeing how the fuel prices gone out of the roof (130+ USD per barrel) I rather stay and invest the money into other things

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rogue

Quote:
I could put another ROM into it

What is ROM ?

X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »