Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 72 »
Re: Odyssey 1.23 progress
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

It's kinda obvious the fullscreen button (be it in Youtube HTML5 player or builtin HTML5 player) has no effect on OS4, since you haven't ported the overlay code yet (and it might require significant changes, considering the p96 pip API which seems rather limited). So, again, the fullscreen button won't do anything before the overlay code is adapted.

Also, Youtube HTML5 player needs the youtube_fullscreen_fix.js script for another reason, but i won't explain it since the basics aren't really clear for you yet.

About this "other player"... In Flash replacement mode, when Youtube HTML5 player is not available, the HTML5 builtin player appears, and it works just fine (and quite faster than Youtube's HTML5 player even). So if it doesn't work for you (even on MorphOS), it's most likely a problem with your network or with the Youtube servers you connect to (which is nothing surprising actually). I'm fairly sure about this, because the youtube.js script basically just retrieves direct links (the same way as getvideo or smtube would do) and it creates a html5 video object with this URL as source.
You can see the video direct URL in several places (messages window or contextmenu copy media location, webinspector and so on...). If it doesn't work, it means the video URL returns empty contents, which is obviously not Odyssey's fault.

PS: it seems you have a bug or maybe you forgot to include some data files, because when a userscript is running, a small status icon should appear in the status bar, which is not the case in your screenshots (or you didn't add the youtube.js userscript?)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

or you didn't add the youtube.js userscript?

Of course i add it. How i can even test it all without scripts, if you many times repeat that scripts should be. Of course from very begining those 2 scripts in:

Youtube HTML5 Converter
Youtube Fullscreen Fix

No need to think that i dumbass, i understand from very begining that there 2 scripts. They just do not works for me even on morphos by dunno what reassons: fullscreen in inbuild player didn't works, and converted to html5 videos spawns not all the times. I, as user, only add scripts and nothing more.

Both are latest from your page. Both are downloaded from odyssey (for os4 downloaded via 1.23 port, for morphos via 1.23 as well).

I have add them on morphos as well, and they on morphos reacts the same for me.

Quote:

Also, Youtube HTML5 player needs the youtube_fullscreen_fix.js script for another reason, but i won't explain it since the basics aren't really clear for you yet.

Of course i have it too, as well latest version from your page, the same on os4 and mos.

When i tried to tick "fullscreen" image in that inbuild html5 video player, it didn't go to full screen on my morphos. I press on it, and nothing happens at all. Its on 1.23 and morphos3.2

Even more, when i just watch video, and then go to ambient and choice "about morphos" , morphos freezes together with video and whole odyssey, but that another story.

Quote:

it seems you have a bug or maybe you forgot to include some data files, because when a userscript is running, a small status icon should appear in the status bar

All datafiles are direct copy from 1.23 morphos (i.e. i just copy whole morphos 1.23 version and only replace there owb binary currently). And, i also didn't have that status icon in status bar on morphos too. Can you show screenshot of how it should be ?

Quote:

So if it doesn't work for you (even on MorphOS), it's most likely a problem with your network or with the Youtube servers you connect to (which is nothing surprising actually). I'm fairly sure about this, because the youtube.js script basically just retrieves direct links (the same way as getvideo or smtube would do) and it creates a html5 video object with this URL as source.

From winxp in the same network all works fine, as well as i connect to www.youtube.com as always everywhere and i never have any problems with.

Also, that "converter" script when video is not available in html5 are supposed to not works when you first time go on that video ? I.e. on morphos it happens like this:

1. go to youtube.
2. type "penniwise home sick"
3. choice it
4. it not avail in html5 mode, so we have window "The adobe flash player is reqiered for video playback, get the latest flash player". If we wait there, nothing happens (i.e. its all on morphos).
5. I do reload of that page : nothing happens, still same window.
6. i press on that window somewhere : nothing changes.

While that black window is here, cpu loading are 90%.

So what to do ?

Let's take aside aos4 port now, i just can't get it all to work normally on morphos. Should i set some environments maybe somewhere ? What i need to show you (screenshots, logs) so you can say what wrong ? (through, what wrong there can be, i just add 2 latest scripts to scripts, and quit/run odyssey)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

This problems( run an not run video) I have too on my mos machine, and some time with smtube ...but smtube update something (script?) and after work or call to update something update and don't work and ask to update another time . I thing is something related YouTube (kind of protection) . If I use my mac everything there running .

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tlosm
Maybe spoofing will help ? For me the same links from the same local network but from those win-machines works too of course, same as from your mac

@all
Calltips class done by Thore , so auto-fill-forms works too.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

yes i spoof , but video working and not working (random)
is not a Owb or Smtube problem but im pretty sure is a YouTube kind of protection.
Now they are able to understand that you are under a spoofed browser . (smtube upgrade something automatically Guillaume probably can help better about understand this)

Example if you run http://html5test.com/ and spoof, it understand you are under a spoofed browser. I think with youtube is the same and apply some kind of block.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have the same problem of random non playback in morphos, i tried your pennywise video and same issue just blank black screen. I get this issue on many videos in morphos on my Pegasos 2.

I hope you and Fab find a solution... Good luck!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fairdinkem

Maybe its something about those ADs youtube put at begining of vids before starting of video, but i think those ad or skipped by scripts, or should be shown the same in html5 ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

I updated to version 1.23 in morphos and I can't full screen videos in youtube now either.

Only some videos will start to play in youtube now but in small screen not overlay full screen.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Look, if the *builtin* player doesn't go fullscreen when you click fullscreen button on MorphOS (assuming there's a video playing), you have a serious setup issue, or you already have a video layer opened in another tab or application. It just works for everyone out there (provided there's overlay support of course), so it's on your side (especially the freezing issue), and i'd just suggest you boot from a plain morphos cd.

Now about Youtube direct links failing, it's very well possible they act up randomly, but again, it's not related to odyssey. That's just Youtube's way, and they might want to protect themselves from automatic downloaders in various ways, depending on videos, servers, time, whatever.

About your particular link ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBtXL9NAPXk ), it seems to be something new they have still not widely deployed, and it seems the point is to have ads even in HTML5 mode. The good news is that if you just spoof as Chrome (with no script enabled) it will work just fine, and you'll get a commercial ad, ...

About the userscript status icon it's like that at the bottom, and it will show which userscripts are running for a given page when the mouse is over the icon:

Window mode
Resized Image

Overlay mode (which can't be grabbed)
Resized Image

@Fairdinkem

I suggest you refrain from commenting on something you don't know about. Odyssey supports HTML5 media just fine (and even better than some other browsers since it supports all codecs combinations).
The problem is YouTube is just not very HTML5 compliant and likes to break its support every now and then. The problem would happen similarly in any other browser as well (FireFox, Safari, Opera, ...), but of course you don't even notice it since Flash is generally used on these platforms.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ Fab

To what do you refer that I refrain from commenting on? I merely stated I have the same issues as Kas1e to show that the issue he experiences are being experienced by other users.

With regards to it being a setup issue, how is this possible? I have been using it fine on my system for ages and just performed updates as you release them. I even deleted my Odyssey installation and installed from scratch, still the same result can't see what I am doing wrong?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

I didn't see Fairdinkem making any comments about the capabilities of Odyssey, only just reporting his personal experience, which is something he knows about.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Fairdinkem, MickJT

Well, it was edited since... It was something like "I raised the issue of randomly working videos during the bounty". But since this forum doesn't even show when a post was edited, you can go unnoticed and edit your posts anytime.

@Fairdinkem

I'm not sure i want to go into details again about how these 2 scripts work, but the bottom line is: HTML5 video works, and overlay mode works. In between, there can be Youtube trying to break things in any way they can, and when it happens, the two userscripts need to be updated.
For instance, they recently prevented the scripts from working when clicking the related videos links, and now, it seems they also won't work when coming from search results. So I just updated these two scripts:
http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube.js
http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js

Update them, and in scripts manager window, you REMOVE and ADD these two scripts again, so that the URL whitelist gets updated.

But to make it simple for you, just spoof as Chrome 32 (just for youtube in URL settings or globally, as you prefer), and just enable the YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js userscript. It should work in all cases then (with ads).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thank you for bringing my edit to light but I still fail to see how it is a comment about that which I don't know about it was still my experience then and now and still relevant to now. I took it out because my comment could have been perceived as inflammatory so I edited it, not quickly enough it seems. My intention was not to stir up trouble. Thank you for your described work around I will try it thanks.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

I think you get about 5 minutes grace period where you can edit a post without it showing that you edited it.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Quote:

Look, if the *builtin* player doesn't go fullscreen when you click fullscreen button on MorphOS (assuming there's a video playing), you have a serious setup issue, or you already have a video layer opened in another tab or application.

Of course i don't have any another tabs. Of course overlay works for me (it is radeon9250 on peg2 and i right now download your latest mplayer: it works without problems in overlay).

Quote:

It just works for everyone out there (provided there's overlay support of course)

Also it didn't works for Fairdinkem the same as for me: the same latest odyssey, the same tick on in-build player do not make full-screen works.

I am sure we can do something wrong, but you didn't say what. All i do, its just download your latest 2 scripts (dated today), remove old ones, and install new ones, then go to "pennywise home sick" video, and it didn't work. Same "get adove flash player". Then , if i do spoof as Chrome, and do reload of page, then i have black window with "play" button, pressing on which do nothing. I mean really nothing and player didn't starts.

Sure you have no issues with it, but there is at least two users with it now. If you care to help to sort it , i can help with tests, if you think we are suggots who know nothing and can do nothing, then i can not worry you about, and then, other morphos users later will meet with the same problems called "we install 2 latest scripts from your page, but not all videos works in youtube while you says so, what we need to do?"

@Fairdinkem
Quote:

I updated to version 1.23 in morphos and I can't full screen videos in youtube now either.

Same for me. I just go to some video on youtube which html5, and while it plays in window, i like madman press on "fullscreen" image and nothing happens at all.

Quote:

Thank you for your described work around I will try it thanks.

Let me know if it will works for you (i.e. tick on fullscreen and make all videos works). I just can't make it works, and about to give up with asking questions.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Sigh.... You really don't make it easy.

Youtube is a moving target, it's really complicated, because they have many different cases depending on videos, and unfortunately you're very confused about all this. So just PLEASE do use the same scenario and configuration as below.

Get latest scripts from http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/
http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube.js
http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/scripts/YouTube_Fullscreen_Fix.js
Copy them to odyssey/scripts/ directory.
In scripts manager, ADD these two files (and remove them before if they're already there).

Then go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and enable HTML5 player

Then either restart Odyssey or create a new tab/window before proceeding.

Now we will see four different cases:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUoJBerFDsA
HTML5 mode is not available with this link, but youtube.js works just fine, and so does overlay (which ALWAYS works with builtin player, as long as video is available).

Resized Image

Resized Image

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQiimhYI-8c
HTML5 is available, Youtube HTML5 player just works, and so does overlay mode.

Resized Image

Resized Image

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBtXL9NAPXk
You have to disable youtube.js userscript and spoof as chrome (menu -> settings -> spoof as -> chrome 32)
I get an annoying ad, and then the video plays, and overlay works just fine when pressing fullscreen button.

With OWB 1.23, you might not see player controls, because webp wasn't enabled, and when spoofing as chrome, webp is needed.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6A-Bk9eZQ
HTML5 mode is not available and spoofing as Chrome won't even help in this case.
In this case, the easiest alternative is to spoof as Ipad. Fullscreen button will work fine in this case too.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Case 1 and 2 are the most common by far.

Case 3 (which is a subset of case 4) is rather new to me.

Case 4 might be related to VEVO links. In this case, the direct link extracted by the script just don't work and return an empty 403 result (i.e http://r8---sn-vg5obx-25ge.googlevide ... 93d7994&ms=au&sparams=gcr,id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&source=youtube&fexp=931320,941509,930102,916624,937417,913434,936910,936913&ratebypass=yes&ipbits=0&mt=1391777825&key=yt5&ip=90.59.141.178&upn=2uVBODzrv7M&fallback_host=tc.v21.cache3.googlevideo.com&quality=medium&itag=18 )
But spoofing as ipad works in these case. I might investigate what happens exactly and try to modify youtube.js to handle this case, but it's related to the signature/upn parameters, and it might not be so easy.

Read this post many times before just saying "it doesn't work". The situation is a bit more subtle as you can see.
And about comments about non working overlay,i just reject them, plain and simple. Overlay DOES work, when scripts are enabled AND video is available. That's it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Same was here with my macmini... the only way for show the video was spoof as Ipad , but no overlay and video goes really slow .
After making test and test and test i finnally have working swf player :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@tlosm

Your test is most likely flawed for several reasons (and most likely outdated youtube_fullscreen_fix.js). Just repeat the steps above carefully.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Fab
Thanks, will follow your steps and check (sadly can do it only in next few days).

Quote:

Youtube is a moving target, it's really complicated, because they have many different cases depending on videos, and unfortunately you're very confused about all this.

If me confused (who have a bit of clue about), imagine how confused ppls who just download/unpack and in hope to have it all working.

Btw, what you think maybe it possible to do something like smtube do, i.e. that "autoupdater" of scripts ? Like user run browser and it check and report "you have outdated youtube scripts, dl them and install?". At least all users who have no clue will make it all works by default

Quote:

And about comments about non working overlay,i just reject them, plain and simple. Overlay DOES work, when scripts are enabled AND video is available. That's it.

I don't say overlay not works, i say for me full screen didn't happens when i press on "fullscreen", can be anything, but i firstly will try your step by step and report back.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

Every time i install new mos revision i clean all on my system hd , i install the OS after the crysalis and go on your site in case video not play for download the scripts and plugin
But for me there isn't problem after 3.4 and my last clean installation i fixed everything is working and is better not touch noting :P

Now I'm becoming creazy on Efika

Edited by kas1e on 2014/2/7 15:38:20
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 72 »