Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)
Re: Warp3D SI : Tests thread
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I dont know : you should better ask directly hans de ruiter or post the changelog
Perhaps a problem related to bus bandwidth or vertices format too big?

Alain Thellier

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thellier

Hans made a comment on things that were improved.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7435#95387

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
Quote:
What was making Cow3d seem so slow on X1000 before the recent upgrade?

It mostly comes down to how fast the vertices can be copied to the graphics card. Without GART (DMA) this is done by the CPU writing directly into VRAM. The 1.8 driver was writing 32-bits at a time, and PCIe is pretty inefficient when transferring such small amounts at a time (and is very fast when transferring large chunks).

Why the difference in performance? I'm guessing that the A1-X1000's PCIe controller simply does what it's told, whereas the Sam460 and X5000's controllers are smart enough to be able to combine multiple small writes into bigger packets under certain circumstances. The X5000 has a Freescale CPU and I've been told that they know how to make good memory and I/O controllers...

The latest driver uses altivec on the A1-X1000 to force larger transfers, thereby significantly speeding up how fast vertices are copied to the GPU.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Fernecho
Hola Fernecho
I want to buy for my X1000 the RADEON HD 7950 With BOOST 3GB GDDR5
Fits correctly this double slot cards in the Fractal design Amigaone X1000 tower?

Regards
José Manuel

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@AlicePPC

hola amigo,

If it fits perfectly on the first slot near the memory.

I'm having trouble with some games, SuperTuxKart, Frogatto and quake2, i get a black screen and a reset, in Frogato a Grim Reaper, I read in Amiga-NG, a French site, it takes to have the pak, pak0.pak, pak1.pak and pak2.pak, I have only the pak0.pak of Quake2 Original CD PC version.

I tried reinstalling the AmigaOS on a partition, formatted and empty, with the Radeon HD 7950 installed on the computer to recognize her from the beginning, I installed the latest drivers, RadeonHD Driver v2.10 and also the Warp3D SI v.14, MiniGL 2.20 and I do not get to run the games, Cow3D now I get 173-175 fps.

Well I hope I've been helpful, I hope you have better luck.

Greetings.
Lisardo Rodriguez Lopez

Edited by Fernecho on 2015/6/19 18:49:59
AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information

AmigaONE X1000 First Contact
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I can officially report that for some unknown reasons, the VisionTek Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 (900549) is not compatible with all SAM460ex. Probably not all the mobo versions are the same.

But on the other hand, this XFX R7-250E-ZNP4 Radeon R7 250E 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 (P/N R7 250E-ZNP4), Cape Verde chip set, WORKS!!!! and it is cheaper than the VisionTek HD7750 at Newegg.com

I'll be happy to run some performance tests if somebody here tell me how to do that.

SAM460EX OS4.1 FE, MorphOS 3.9 in Mac Mini G4 1.5GHz. Acer Aspire One with AROS Icaros Desktop 2.0.3, FPGA Arcade Workbench 3.1 & 3.9. MiST FPGA Minimig Amiga AGA
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6)