Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
M.A.C.E. Tower Defense
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
http://os4depot.net/?function=showfil ... mup/mace_towerdefense.lha

Even if the game is basically free to download, a purchase or a donation is also recommended on our supporting platform "itch.io". This upload is done without our permission and we don´t want it. No email, no asking...just upload!!! Maybe we should stop developing. Also if we can get no big sales (40 sales from 1 to 15$ ;) ), we need the small income. Our silent upload on itch.io was a first try and it may be our last, free or not.
We also have an own account here on os4depot and no one should upload our work!!!

There is also no button on OS4depot to claim our rights. I hope someone can read it here.

Maybe we have to communicate clearly what is free or not but we think every AmigaOS user should accept some rules, spoken or not.

We hope to get removed the entry.

Go to top
Re: M.A.C.E. Tower Defense
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I really hope you will not cease developing for NG Amigas. What I can do is not downloading any of commercially released stuff from there but getting it from legal sources. Since I've left my teenages decades ago I can mange to get income for Amiga stuff to pay for, no exception, if I think something catches me, the author must have to get my support.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Reynolds: Thanks for your fast reply! Yes, we need small sales too. The free download with a hint to give at least a coffee was a try. Also to test how our Warp3D Nova/ OpenGLES engine works on our systems. As there is a big performance problem for our newer games, we choose this option to get some feedback.

Some next games whould be paid games, smaller wones for free with a support option. I think this is a fair way. Some people don´t play all kinds of games but want to test it on their system.

The next game should be Super Star Blast, we could try it on other Hardware on an AmigaMeeting and got some direct feedback from other Users. This helped us to manage how we work with performance issues. As we want 60FPS, most users say: publish it also if the performance is not the best ;) So it was good to get some information. The plan was to put into all of our new games some quality settings and people can play with it for best performance or visuals....

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
It's in the upload description who upload it , but i am sure Samir's intention was not to hurt anyone and can be sorted easy by writing to os4depot admins (Orgin) , and to Samir as well asking to not do so anymore.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e: message to origin sent. I hope it is the right email i found.

I also think that Samir´s intention was not to hurt us. But i would assume to ask the creators, especially if they are alive and communicate in many forums, threads etc. For our software, archives and description we want and need to have access.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

No need to contact me via mail, i'm here :)
I beg your pardon, there was no bad intention from my side.. being a free software I thought there were no problems uploading it to OS4Depot but i was wrong
Please accept my apologies.
I will ask for the removal of the file

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
No beging needed ;) We only have to talk about.
As i wrote already in the os4depot comment, it is also for support. It is better for us to be able to make updates. We will be able to have control over our releases and itch.io is a platform we want to try more in future and it is good to make some rules before ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I won’t know to look for it at itch.io, 99.999% of stuff there is not Amiga related.
apc&tcp has lot more of Amiga stuff, and more logical place to look for Amiga content.

If only OS4Depot.net can work as a database over where to buy or download commercial software as well. (A bit more like steam.)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, it would be nice!!!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Maybe it could be made possible to upload a readme to OS4depot with redirect info to itch.io etc?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ddni: Yes, if deleting not possible, it would be nice to add an info like:

If you want to support us, feel free to set your price for this game on itch.io.

Maybe the link where can click to our website, it also possible to change. That would be a compromise.

As MaceTD is a bit a test and try how we will work in future, maybe it is not a big Deal if it is now on os4Depot.

For future releases it is much more important for us to have control over downloads/shops and files.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
A suggestion to add to OS4depot would be to put a donation button to the developer as it has MorphOS Storage.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

Yes what you said it is perfectly understandable, as you mentioned we may modify the readme file by adding some additional notes, if you provide me the exact text you want to be inserted I can easly redo the upload, otherwise we can even remove the file from OS4Depot, at your discretion
Sorry again for the inconvenience...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have also a reply from origin, it is removed now. So all fine here!

Thanks all for your replies, Samo79 also thanks for your enthusiasm and work. My first reaction maybe a bit harsh, sorry for that. But i am happy that i can communicate here.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira

:)
No problem, the important thing is to have easily solved this inconvenience :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@imagodespira

I got the game from the original site and also donated $10. I hope you will not stop developing for the Amiga.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@imagodespira
Quote:
Even if the game is basically free to download, a purchase or a donation is also recommended on our supporting platform "itch.io"

Just so something good comes of this I just went to itch.io and donated. I encourage others to as well. Go Here to Donate

I had downloaded but not trying it out until seeing this thread. After trying it out, it's defiantly worth donating to encourage more quality games. Note that I had already purchased Swamp Defense 2, a similar game, but this is a step beyond in terms of graphics. Keep up the good work!

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I gave 15€ when I bought the game and made a news for the French OS4 news site Amiga-NG.org : https://amiga-ng.org/article.php?sid=1297

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

+1 I'm sure most of us here have no problem at all donating for a proven developer that has given AmigaOS great quality games ! I especially love the high scores at http://www.amiboing.de/highscores.php

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@all: Thanks for support!

For Amiboing, we want to make it alive again with focus on highscores and less a try to make a steam clone ;)
Yesterday we talked about and collected some ideas. The main problem is the GDPR (DSGVO in Germany), we have to learn about and fix some issues.

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »