Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 4 »
Wipeout2097 progress
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
With a lot of help and code from Frank Wille, I have been able to build a special version of IRA (WOSIRA), that can disassemble and reassemble warpos executables. And they work! Next step is to be able to interpret the bloody mess and fix the bugs. Should be easy peasy...?

Go to top
Re: Wipeout2097 progress
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Awesome :) look forward to it :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

Gobsmacked I is.

Amazing stuff!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

That's an awesome news mate !
Plz don't give up, you are at first step of course but once you have somethings and if you need any tester just ask

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Way to go!
Will this mean I could run Wipeout 2097 on my SAM440?
I have got my A1200 vesion CD...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
Quote:

With a lot of help and code from Frank Wille, I have been able to build a special version of IRA (WOSIRA), that can disassemble and reassemble warpos executables. And they work! Next step is to be able to interpret the bloody mess and fix the bugs.

Can you (or Frank) upload it also on aminet (if it 68k binary), or to os4depot if binary are os4 one ? I think it can be pretty helpfull for some others.

Maybe someone can worry about that old Shogo to make it works at last, or those MadWizard's demos :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'd been intending to *try* to reverse-engineer the Wipeout2097 fix made for M****OS, but hadn't found time to do so yet. But this sounds like a better way

From what I recall being said, Wipeout2097 accidentally had some debugging code left in it, which writes to some fixed memory location(s). On Classic Amigas this isn't problem, but it is on (at least some) AmigaOS4 machines.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Nice to hear!

Wipeout2097 is running on my sam440ep but often crashed and has some colorkey-bugs on the score-display.

I hope this attemp offer higher resolutions..etc

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@fingus

Quote:
Wipeout2097 is running on my sam440ep but often crashed and has some colorkey-bugs on the score-display.

Alain are working to fix this problem but for now only on Wazp3D

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Awesome

Does that mean you may look in other WOS exe games that have problems too (if time allows)?

Do you want us to make a wish-list?

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just so I know...do WarpOS games have problems with OS4.1?

I remember having WarpOS installed on my 3.9 machine but that was more than 7 years ago!

Which games are they apart from Wipeout 2097?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy
There is support for *system friendly* WarpOS stuff, but quite a few WarpOS programs/games/demos did nasty hacky things to achieve extra speed, and those will not work.

I don't use any WarpOS stuff myself, so I can't say how bad (or not so bad) compatibility actually is.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TheDaddy
Quote:

Just so I know...do WarpOS games have problems with OS4.1?

Yes, all of them which was more or less popular are have problems. Some are minor ones, some are major ones.

Quote:

Which games are they apart from Wipeout 2097?

Hyperion's ones have problems: Shogo and Heretic2. Sounds strange of course that games from hyperion, not works on os4 by hyperion :) But that it.

Also all the WOS demos mostly not works. Such as about 10 demos from madwizzards (cruel karma force, human traffic and others), few demos from Encore (by night, sulaco).

Will be cool to have someday sources of powerpc.library from Joerg, and so, other programmers can add some hacks to it to have support of all the games and demos which done back in the past (as for WOS unluckuly anything will be done ever, powerc.library can have inside all the hacks for all the games/apps and demos).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
WOSIRA is uploaded to os4depot for anyone interested. All kinds of response is very welcome.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alkfil

For me will be interesting to try to fix Encore's demos (as they should be easy to fix, as they almost runs), so will try wosira on them. Check how good they looks like even today: By Night and Sulaco. Both warp3d/wos/ahi.

ps. Btw, what you think about writing new powerpc.library from scratch ? Frank for sure should know all the basics about, and so maybe all the "fixes" mostly will be in the writing of normal powerpc.library which will include workorounds for all the games/apps which we have for WOS (not many).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
My understanding was that powerpc.library *emulation* was a real nightmare to implement.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@thellier

This is from another thread (I hope you will look here):

Quote:

"AlphaBlending bug in Warp3D"
That is not an AlphaBlending problem but a ChromaTest one

In fact WipeOut 2097 use W3D_SetChromaTestBounds() but it use it on ALL textures
... even on non transparents ones (...stupid)
Also i am not sure if wipeout enable chromatesting ?!!? should do SetState(context,W3D_CHROMATEST,W3D_ENABLE);

Also it call W3D_SetChromaTestBounds() with false parameters
W3D_CHROMATEST_EXCLUSIVE (=only texels outside the specified range are drawn, others are rejected)
from 0 0 0 0 to 255 0 0 0

Does that really works on some real Warp3D ????

I have tried to change the SetChromaTestBounds() upper argument from 0xff000000 to 0x000000ff, and then inserted a call to SetState(context, W3D_CHROMATEST,W3D_ENABLE) right after the call to W3D_CreateContext, but it still displays the shadows as boxes. Either I am doing something wrong, or the shadows rendering problem is a different one than the one you are mentioning

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

Quote:

I have tried to change the SetChromaTestBounds() upper argument from 0xff000000 to 0x000000ff, and then inserted a call to SetState(context, W3D_CHROMATEST,W3D_ENABLE) right after the call to W3D_CreateContext, but it still displays the shadows as boxes. Either I am doing something wrong, or the shadows rendering problem is a different one than the one you are mentioning

Pretty possible that SetState(context, W3D_CHROMATEST,W3D_DISABLE) are used somethere. I.e. you enable it after context creating, but somthere in the game it disables/enables.

I for example when code my shiti warp3d mag, do pretty offten enabling/disabling of states when is need it. Like for the menu one state of crhoma/blenging, for the game other ones.

Also try to not use 00 or FF values, but 01 and FE values instead (because very offten in different areas of warp3d bugs of such kind with 0,1 and -1 are present). Like you set 255, but it takes as 0. Or you set 0, and it takes as 255 or as -1. So better just do all the tests with something which for sure will works (01 min / FE max)

Edited by kas1e on 2011/12/19 22:03:02
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil

I have the code (part of it) as he send me via mail just for info pourpose, i have also his latest Wazp3D 0.51 beta but i think i can't send anythings until Alain give me the permission ..

What i can say for now is that the patch he did just works fine altrough in certain specific case the shadow under the spaceship are not rendered properly yet (the usual black box or similar) but all the rest is ok!

I think you may ask him directly, then we can (eventually) use that patch directly on the official WaRp3D rathen then patch the WipeOut exe ...

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 4 »