Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Amigabounty.net not able to accept donations [SOLVED]
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
EDIT: Our account is now fully restored and operational again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience it has caused.

----
We're having a bit of difficulties with accepting payments via Paypal - I have contacted Paypal and will make an update as soon as we are able to accept donations again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Seems Paypal became alert because of the amount of money we have there but I send the needed documentation to Paypal so hopefully we're up and running again soon. (that's a few days I hope

Edited by Troels on 2010/9/14 17:03:02
Edited by Troels on 2010/9/14 17:12:27
Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Re: Amigabounty.net not able to accept donations atm.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

I bet it's all drug money. Hehe. But nice that they do check people like that. One never know.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
No, I'm sure it's an undercover operation launched by Mickeysoft because they are scared we will have more killer apps than they do if AmigaBounty keeps being successful.

</conspiracy mode>

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Troels

Any news on this? I notice that the message is still up at the website.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin
I'm sorry but there's no news as I can't get any kind of response from Paypal. I faxed and uploaded required documents but they obviously haven't had time to look at that or any of the 6 emails I send them.

I have resend all email just now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Will be very funny if we will loose all the money from bounty :) How much on account was ? I think about 10k eur ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Can that even be possible? Can't just take money away from people.. ?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Antique

PayPal can do that for sure. And do it many times in different places of world. They so annoy by fraud back in times (and i think even for now too), that very possible that they will just say nothing for us, and account will die (the worst scenario, but still very possible).

As i understand, amigabounty just use account without any docs before ? I.e. just register and use, without any pasport ID or kind ?

Not want to rush the fan, but the worst scenario here are pretty possible (let's hope that everything will be ok anyway).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Troels

OKey, hope it gets resolved soon. I guess you might have to be a bit persistent and annoying to get them to react.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Paypal = Ebay

Ring their call centre and kick up a fuss I knew I would if there was that sort of money floating around.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Not to worry, account is not closed in that way.

We can transfer money, just not accept any. Besides all money is in the amigabounty association bank account in Handelsbanken Frederiksv?rk

But I have also read some of the horror stories about Paypal

Basically it's all a matter of how they should treat us (the association) regarding tax.
When Amigabounty association was started I contacted Paypal and changed our status to non-profit and that's when the problems started. Again it's fair they ask for documentation but when they don't review it or comment on it it's a bit troublesome.

Basically they should just check our CVR number with SKAT (danish tax authorities) to see that we exist as a legal entity. Then they should just proceed and annually report our "income" to SKAT who should know what to do.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Ah ok, so money is save, that is good point. But that sucking PayPal mess many heads already :) Scammers do they work with no problems, but users who want use it legaly have problems :)

About horror stories about paypal - yeah, there is so many of those :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
But I have also read some of the horror stories about Paypal
The main problem with PayPal is that most users don't read, or if they do don't understand, their TOS, most even think the virtual and worthless values displayed in their PayPal balance would be real money they own. PayPal may convert it to real money by transfering it to a bank account or credit card, and they usually do, but they don't have to, and if they don't they don't need any reasons for it, nor for freezing or even completely closing accounts.

The worst parts don't apply to the amigabounty,net account, though. The TOS of PayPal (Europe) S.? r.l. aren't nearly as bad as the ones of PayPal Inc. (USA) since a lot of the unfair practices of PayPal Inc. are illegal in Europe, but it's still very bad.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ll
Wow, what a thread! Everyone here seems think PayPal, a subsidiary of EBay in the USA is evil. I've been a client for years. I have no idea where you get your information. I suspect it starts with as Joerg states:
The main problem with PayPal is that most users don't read, or if they do don't understand, their TOS...
Well, It's simply called a 'contract' of term$ ; who, what, when where, and how much, for how long, and why! I've used PayPal with AmigaKit for years and payed a lot of you developers donations with it, and bought stuff from all over the internet, and never a problem. But now, I'm getting a little perturbed by the these accusations.

Basically it's all a matter of how they should treat us (the association) regarding tax. When Amigabounty association was started I contacted Paypal and changed our status to non-profit and that's when the problems started.
Exactly! It has nothing to do with commerce; revenue towards goods and services. Umm, who pays for Internet security services or anything else connected to the bounty maintenance? Did anyone discuss percentages on the bounty going towards the PayPal sevices? Hey, nothing gets done for free. I thinking of writing PayPal about this. It might be interesting to see what's the deal.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

It has gone a while now, any news?

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Marko
No news I'm afraid.

I have contacted Paypal 10 times by email without ever getting a reply.

EDIT: 11 times just now...

I also contacted them by phone 3 times now only to get answered by a young lady who said she would send my account in for review and that there was nothing more they could do. Then nothing happens.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any alternatives as moneybookers doesn't accept donations but only fixed prices for specific services or goods.

Edited by Troels on 2010/9/7 10:52:47
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels
That bad ..

Btw, maybe you can try to say to that yang lady : "please, give the phone for someone who can resolve my problem". Usually all that yang ladies only sit over phone to say "fuck off" in good words. Imho 11 messages and 3 calls are enough to be sick, and say some hard words for them (maybe then they will fix it).

Also as meantime fix, maybe we can setup another paypal account like the current one ? (if there is no problems to get money from, only locked on recieving) ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

That's bad indeed

Maybe a MoneyBookers account could be set up as backup and/or a secondary paypal account as well if that's not a problem. And after 11 messages and 3 calls without a solution or good explanation, perhaps stepping up the tone as kas1e says and demand to speak with her boss could be something...

Nevertheless, hope they get their thumbs out of the rear ends and get it fixed

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Keep nagging, and ask to talk to supervisors. Though that doesn't always help either, I'm fighting with Verizon right now and their supervisor line seems to be a permanent hold line which I no longer believe actually goes to anyone. After a few hours I've memorized the 6.5 minute music/message loop. But keep trying.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
(...) only fixed prices for specific services or goods.

Why not to offer a symbolic "brick of ami-support" paid 1$ each? I would like to buy some....

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »