Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 53

Boing-ball, root, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Filer 53.30 testing
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

This problem has been there for a while, I just keep forgetting to report it.

When a new drawer is created, even if the add icon check box is deselected (which I wish was default), an icon is still created.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@TSK

Unfortunately that kills small 1 to 1 copies.

And it doesn't always miss the last column and line, sometimes it's just one of them.

Perhaps the formula needs lsb rounding.

Some examples:

Doesn't fill last column and last line
w=1920,h=1080 cw=128,ch=71 ScaleX=4369, ScaleY=4308
Orginformula: ScaleX=4369, ScaleY=4308

Works correctly
w=24,h=24 cw=24,ch=24 ScaleX=65536, ScaleY=65536
Orginformula: ScaleX=65536, ScaleY=65536

Doesn't fill the last line
w=492,h=600 cw=104,ch=128 ScaleX=13853, ScaleY=13981
Orginformula: ScaleX=13853, ScaleY=13981

First line is:
COMPTAG_ScaleX, COMP_FLOAT_TO_FIX((float32)cwidth/(float32)width),
COMPTAG_ScaleY, COMP_FLOAT_TO_FIX((float32)cheight/(float32)height),

Second line is:
COMPTAG_ScaleX, (int32)((double)0x00010000*(double)((double)(cwidth)/(double)width)),
COMPTAG_ScaleY, (int32)((double)0x00010000*(double)((double)(cheight)/(double)height)),

Edited by orgin on 2010/2/2 12:35:34
Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@PEB

Fixed

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Tuxedo

Okey done..

There's now 7 ways to go to parent:

- Click parent button
- Press "/"
- Click left border (Activate in prefs)
- Mouse 4th button
- Mouse middle button
- Parent in menu (RAmiga+/)
- Double click the parent node (Activate in prefs)

Will it ever end?

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Whooppsss...
I'm intoa neverending story...
However In that way(mid button) was more sytem "friendly" no? At least for me it was...
And I've only a simple 3 buttons mouse...
Maybe if you can do it configurable in the prefs editor(like the users buttons) anyone can do it itself as he like
Or another way...an ARexx command that can be passed to Filer with AllKeys for example...
Just to say something :)

Yur work on Filer was REALLY superb!

I HOPE that Hyperion guys will help/support you(with right classes or other things) ASAP!

GOOD WORK!

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:
The code is getting very spagetthified with all these options people want though. At some point people are going to have to decide if they want a fast and easy to use file manager or a slow cumbersome, do it all including your breakfast, no so much a file manager anymore-app.

IMHO it should be upto the *programmer* (i.e. you) to decide what features can be sensibly added to the program, and to say "no" to users when a feature doesn't make sense. Users are very demanding, but only the programmer knows what effect adding any particular feature will have on the program.

e.g. Personally, I didn't have any strong need for thumbnail support in Filer, but if we are going to have it, then I'd certainly like to see it done right (which it does seem to be, thanks!), so that it hopefully gets used (by me & others)

Perhaps now is the time to stop adding major new features to Filer, and instead rework it's internals to keep the different features more cleanly separated & maintainable?

If things get really dire with Filer, then you might also like to *consider* a plugin system as one way of removing complexity (and speed overhead) from Filer having tons of features built-in. Of course, a plugin system may have it's own overhead, and certainly it would be hard to design a flexible "future proof" plugin system. So perhaps that isn't the way to go...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Agree, a lister must be easy to use and intuitive for users, principally it does respect some basic UI rules, here there are a lot of features that is always active (for example a lot of options must be ghosted to the user if they can't be activated) and so on ...

If you look at the Microsoft Windows file manager you can see that there are only few options showed to the user, mostly are to manage the visualization of the file or the navigation around it

http://www.thewindowsfix.com/wp-conte ... ds/2008/10/foldersize.jpg

* Back/forward arrow + address bar
* Level up to the main dir
* Search
* Folder icon in order to navigate on it in a tree way
* A button to choose how to view the various files (thumbnails, icons and so on)

Off course each system has their own rappresentation but i prefer an "easy-to-understand" design instead a "feature-rich" filer ...

Also a new Filer must be integrated better into the Workbench, not an "itself" software ...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79 Quote:
If you look at the Microsoft Windows file manager you can see that there are only few options showed to the user,

I think your picture proves the opposite: In addition to the 6 buttons along the top, there are 7 buttons visible down the side (plus others that aren't visible due to the window being too small). That's over 13 buttons!

I can't remember how many buttons Filer has by default, but it's probably about the same amount. And of course you can customise it to add or remove buttons.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

No because the other buttons are fitted in the extra panel, they are mostly quick links to certain directories, more or less, aniway i'm not argue about the number of the options, almost this is not the main problem for me, but how a user can interact with them and if the file manager are easy to use and understandable

The actual Filer is good, but isn't what one can define as user friendly

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 4 (5)