Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 57

smf, more...

Headlines

Register To PostTopic is Locked  

« 1 2 3 4 (5)
Re: Filer 53.27 uploaded
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Snuffy Quote:
Of all the file mangers in the world, Filer is the only one I ever got Amiga DOS errors.

Err, isn't it a GOOD thing that Filer actually tells you what the problem is, rather than silently failing?

Quote:
I'm sorry I lost my cool. To avoid conflicts and confrontations anymore, I'm not going to use it. Please continue without me.

I don't understand your thinking: If you stopped using every app that had a bug, you would soon be using NO apps at all! Instead you should file a helpful bug report with the author, and then hope it get's fixed.

(A "helpful" bug report is one that (a) describes in detail what happens, (b) gives many details of your system, e.g. OS version & hardware, and (c) describes exactly what you must do to recreate the problem every time.)

Quote:
I believe AmigaOS should have it's own file manager!

Filer is actually a really good app, albiet still under development, and being part of OpenAmiga is offered to Hyperion to use in AmigaOS (perhaps integrating into Workbench?).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Origin

i tried the new version, but it doesn't work.. btw it' s not a problem, i use well filer even in the normal way

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@origin

the new version ( 53.28 ) is ok now and also open the device in the new lister from the wb

Edit : could you please add the x,y positions in the tooltype to specify where to open the filer ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Tested new filler (53.28b), and i like a lot the new button at the top/right area (where i can choice previous directoryes in which i was before). That is very usable (it was introduced only in that version ?)

Goot also that you have added "drag&drop like WB" option, that will solve all the problems for all the users who want copy or movie the files by drag&drop.

Drag&drop itself works fine, can drag many files at time, dirs, etc (but still a bit not user friendly because of these "unmarks", but i talk about it before in other topic).

Now a one more suggestion :)

I ask about it before, but you say that you not in interest about supporting this, but, still, will try again: maybe you can add just a options which will sounds like "2panel style". And when that option on, just 2 filler windows (just 2 separate programms), but stay clossed beetwen. Imho, that must be pretty easy by code to implement that for now , and, for ppls (like me) who suck with all these copy-destination-dopus5 like stuff, can use it more offten.

You can for example add to the code just separate source called "2panel.c", and put all the crap here (which will be no many, just split 2 panels together and maybe catch some new keys, like "Tab" for swith beetwen panels).

That is just a suggestion of course, but imho, with that, it will be very good because Filer will be fully configurable for any users needs. It's already pretty usable , but still, for those "copy" thinks i use dopus4 ..

The one point plus to the 2panel style option, it's that for example user have 2 fillers, want to move file beetwen, for now it's Drag&drop and alt, it's ok, but, when i have 20 programms running , then for bringing filler back, i need found 2 windowses, but with case of "2panel" style option it will be like 1 window, which i can move (and need found only one window, over all the others).

But that is just a suggestion of course :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Now a one more suggestion :)

I ask about it before, but you say that you not in interest about supporting this, but, still, will try again: maybe you can add just a options which will sounds like "2panel style". And when that option on, just 2 filler windows (just 2 separate programms), but stay clossed beetwen. Imho, that must be pretty easy by code to implement that for now , and, for ppls (like me) who suck with all these copy-destination-dopus5 like stuff, can use it more offten.

You can for example add to the code just separate source called "2panel.c", and put all the crap here (which will be no many, just split 2 panels together and maybe catch some new keys, like "Tab" for swith beetwen panels).

That is just a suggestion of course, but imho, with that, it will be very good because Filer will be fully configurable for any users needs. It's already pretty usable , but still, for those "copy" thinks i use dopus4 ..

The one point plus to the 2panel style option, it's that for example user have 2 fillers, want to move file beetwen, for now it's Drag&drop and alt, it's ok, but, when i have 20 programms running , then for bringing filler back, i need found 2 windowses, but with case of "2panel" style option it will be like 1 window, which i can move (and need found only one window, over all the others).

But that is just a suggestion of course :)

if understand right, you are talking about the possibilty to add the tabs ?? so instead of having 2 filers open you have 1 filer but 2 tabs ?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nubechecorre

Will be ok in any case:) I mean if it will be like "2 tabs/panels" of one filler which will be swithces by on/off in options - it will be ok.

Or , let's it be 2 fillers, but which connected beetwen, and maybe placed in one window.

Any way will be cool (the end idea, make filler possible to be as like dopus5, and as like dopus4 by idea).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e
I suspect that he doesn't want to have two panels (ala DOpus 4), because (a) we already have DOpus 4, and (b) it would complicate the code.

Perhaps he could avoid complicating the existing code, by having a special executable that creates a two panel window. Such a window would 'simply' create two instances of Filer's GUI, instead of one. Might be easy, or might be hard, depending on how his GUI code works.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ChrisH

But you agree that will not be not bad to have that option in filler ? :) I still think, that it will be not so hard to implement, because Orgin are good coder, and (i think) he planned filer well by structs in source code, etc.

@orgin
Have to say something about ?:)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I'm trying to get people to concentrate on beta testing and not post in this old thread so I can release the new version ;)

Closing this old thread now.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To PostTopic is Locked
« 1 2 3 4 (5)