Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Sputnik bounty canceled.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@virgola

Splitting up the bounty is a no go. The bounty was created with Sputnik in mind and people donated for that. Also a port of MUI4 would also take who knows how long.

Another thing is that AFAIK people have tried to obtain the sourcecode of MUI4 but can't get in contact with Stuntz.

Regarding elastic deadlines. I agree and Marcin have also had 13 months to do the port. Keep in mind that is a port from an amiga like platform, not a totally foreign structure.

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

OK. Firstly people should not get too bent out of shape with this news, the overall "Amiga" scene is tough, very tough. People may act with the best of intentions only to see it all collapse. Troels, kudos to you for trying and for putting yourself in the firing line, for your efforts I thank you. As for the port not making it, well bounties are for developers who do make it or get damn close. I am not for a minute judging Marcin but if the conditions of the bounty have not been met or are indeed not meeting agreed deadlines then I agree with Troels lets just move on.

Marcin, you have obviously done an incredible job for MOS, it is widely agreed that writing a fully functional browser for any OS by one person is a mighty task if not impossible. I wish you all the best in your future efforts and thank you for your attempt with an OS4x port, obviously the idiotic situation between red and blue camps originally would not have helped, at least you tried to bridge the gap.

For may part I would like my donations split like this, Troels costs, then 50/50 with Chris and Joerg.

Cheers
Ace

Chin up folks

Go to top
Illusionist
Illusionist

See User information
@Troels

Quote:
All money (minus Paypal fee's) will be transferred back to peoples Paypal account as soon as possible

Would it be too much work to ask people if they want their money transfered to another bounty or competition (like Amizilla) to save the Paypal fees.

I think about a general browser bounty/competition that exactly describes what is needed to reach the goal and get the money.

Marcin will still have the chance to get the money and others like J?rg or Chris can also attend if they want.

Martin "Mason" Merz
www.masonicons.de

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe . . .
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

How much is the fee? The easiest thing would be to get the money back I think and you can do what you want with it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@acefnq
Thank you.

@Mason & hotrod
Please take a look at the news on Amigabounty regarding the donations.
http://amigabounty.net/?function=viewcomments¬eid=19&full=true

I will post it as a new item at most site tonight, don't have the time now.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

So why this doesn't happen with other bounty ??

Just to remember, Allegro is stalled from more than 1 year now and it is just a "stupid" library (and anyone doens't see any grabs of it too) not to mention to ather bounty like Amizilla (2003) altrought is it maded by other mantainer, aniway I didn't see a lot of people claim money back ...

Where are they ?
Where are the Amizilla donors, why he didn't claim his money back cause fake porting, I can see them only now with Sputnik port ...

Edited by samo79 on 2008/12/27 16:10:25
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@samo79

Wait, for allegro i showed some games two years ago at Pianeta Amiga and recently " Hitman " told here or at AmigaWorld, i don't remember exactly, that he would finish the job....

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I just want to say that you can't just transfer the money without people getting angry.

For example if this bounty is tranfered to a MUI4 port, I don't really agree with that. On the other hand I don't mind it tranfered to OWB, but not NewSurf.

So Troels, I really think you should ask ALL the donaters what to do with THERE contribtion.

either that or return the money to the sender.

RWO

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Troels
This is big news so I posted it as such.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@samo79

Because I have Allegro and games using Allegro here on my A1.
I should be out soon, think Hitman is just waiting for feedback from the betatesters. Which I should be giving him btw.

EDIT: Just got a mail today that the final Allegro release candidate is ready. I really don't have any time to test it myself so I hope the others have fun with it;)

Edited by Troels on 2008/12/28 21:55:19
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

so are the games any good?

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

To be honest... not the games I have tried.

I don't know if there are any great games using Allegro which is also opensource but my impression of Allegro isn't to positive.

SpotUp suggested it as a bounty and as he is a real porting machine I thought it was a great idea as there must be something good that uses it. I guess we will see.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Troels

If you donated to the Sputnik bounty please read this.

As I will be away all of January I hope many of you decide what I should do with your donation ASAP.

If I haven't got an email on Tuesday it won't be processed until the beginning of February, as I probably won't have internet access where I'm staying in January.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Troels

Quote:

Troels wrote:
@LiveForIt

To be honest... not the games I have tried.

Seems that

http://www.mugenation.com/

Wasnt so bad...
I see it at work at PianetaAmiga this year and was nice...
I dunno if Alegro for AmigaOS4 port will run that...
Any news?

Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Tuxedo

I think that mugen cannot be ported as i think it is not open source..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Troels

...With that kind of interest and motivation, what would you think we could expect from future releases, after the bounty money was paid?

'expect'...Well, no more Amiga bounty support from me for anything!

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@all

Troels just forwarded me a donation from the Sputnik bounty money. As I don't yet have a list of names, I'd like to publicly thank those who agreed to donate to the NetSurf port as an alternative.

Chris

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Chris

Quote:
@all

Troels just forwarded me a donation from the Sputnik bounty money. As I don't yet have a list of names, I'd like to publicly thank those who agreed to donate to the NetSurf port as an alternative.
I got a donation from it as well, many thanks to everyone transferring their Sputnik donations to the AmigaOS 4.x OWB port.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)