Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Filler questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Playing with Filler lately, and want to ask : is it possible to make with current options (or with some settings to in the OS4 itself), that when i have 2 listers running, and click on any of them , then activated one change state to "set destination" automatically, and another one (not active one) is auto-swith to the "set source" mode ?

Or at least it possible to run 2 filler listers, and on running (by tooltypes or by command line arguments) point out that one lister should be Source one and placed at one place, and another one should be Destination one, and placed on another place on screen ?

As far as i can see it, i should have 2 different Filler direcotries and running both of them with different XPOS and YPOS in the tooltypes, but then how to set via tooltypes or command line which one should be source one and which destination one ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Filler questions
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Kas1e,

I'm afraid that there is currently no possibility to select source/destination state of a lister via tooltip or command line argument.
I guess you are trying to mimic a Dopus 4 style filemanager with a dual lister setup.
IMHO this would be very restrictive compared to the current ability to have multiple listers where anyone can be the destination of all the others at anytime.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@abalaban

Yeah, i just want to replace dopus4 on something more modern, but not the "many listers" one, in which you need to do some additional work always if you want operate with archives and files fast.

So as Filer is modern enough and have all customization, i just want it to act as dopus4 yep. Basically with all listers, the one to which you copy can be only one at time, so even if you run 2 fillers and one set as to which copy,and another one from which copy, then running another lister will not make it any different.

But anyway, seems that it unpossible to run Filer's lister with necessary source/destination set :(

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Because this is not possible right now does not mean that this will always be the case.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
AmiDisk ?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
As i remember right, the last changes are made from Steven Solie. Maybe he can make an update or upload the sources on a github page?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Petrol
AmiDisk have own issues..

@abalaban,imagodespira
When it's about Steven, i am sure nothing will be open for real and will collecting a dust, even if it wrong :) And i do not know, but if i remember right, Filer's code were landed to Hyperion itself, so..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, the source seems to be on Hyperion´s FTP Server.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@imagodespira
But probabaly if Hyperion do not use sources for years, then we can continue updating it ? I mean, it's the same can then go to the Hyperion's server, but at least version in between can be released with no problems ?

@abalaban
Check pm plz :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

Is there a way to switch between filer's Listers by a user defined key , so i need while any lister is active, a "tab" button switch one by one listers in the way they were running or so.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I continue to enjoy the OS4 port of DOpus5 and have not yet tried Filer. Are you saying it's much more modern than DOpus5? Maybe I will give it a look.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I use the DOpus5 port for file managing and for FTP stuff. The reason for that is quite simple... I use it on Windows as well. I have tried Filer but it is so confusing I just gave up on it.

Current Amiga computers: Vampire V4-SA, Sam460ex, A1-X5000/020
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mbrantley
Quote:

I continue to enjoy the OS4 port of DOpus5 and have not yet tried Filer. Are you saying it's much more modern than DOpus5? Maybe I will give it a look.

Dopus5 is good, but it looks visually a bit dated. For example, i don't like the way how it color the listers: too flat. I create feature request explain it all there 7 years ago :

https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/26/

But so far no one were able to take the task.

It needs some real code work from one or two ppl to improve dopus5 a little further, but the ones who work on it in the past (Xenic, BSzili), lacking interest, so until there are no coders wiling to work on dopus5 code again, it will be in the state as it now sadly.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

Playing with Filler lately, and want to ask : is it possible to make with current options (or with some settings to in the OS4 itself), that when i have 2 listers running, and click on any of them , then activated one change state to "set destination" automatically, and another one (not active one) is auto-swith to the "set source" mode ?

No, having the active state of the filer window, change it's src or dest status would be quite dangerous as the window can become active due to closing another unrelated window.

But if you only have two listers open, the clicking the 'Set Source' button will both make the window active and toggle it's status and the status of the other lister. At least setting one lister to source makes all others destinination.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:

When it's about Steven, i am sure nothing will be open for real and will collecting a dust, even if it wrong :) And i do not know, but if i remember right, Filer's code were landed to Hyperion itself, so..

It's nothing todo with ssolie, even if he handled the import, when the code was given to Hyperion. Giving it to Hyperion was possobly not a good idea, not from any pro or anti hyperion sentiments, but simply as they have enough to do with maintianing the OS and only small maintenance fixes have been applied, by me and costel IIRC.

It should have stayed open source. Whether it can be legally forked or not I don't know.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1eQuote:
kas1e wrote:
Dopus5 is good, but it looks visually a bit dated. For example, i don't like the way how it color the listers: too flat.

Ah, OK. So mainly looks. I like the old-fart looks so I'm good there. Haha.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jabiruloQuote:
jabirulo wrote:@kas1e

What about WorkbenchExplorer?
http://www.os4depot.net/share/utility ... ool/workbenchexplorer.lha

I like Workbench Explorer quite alot, nice modern design, but it can be painfully slow.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andy
Quote:

No, having the active state of the filer window, change it's src or dest status would be quite dangerous as the window can become active due to closing another unrelated window.

But if you only have two listers open, the clicking the 'Set Source' button will both make the window active and toggle it's status and the status of the other lister. At least setting one lister to source makes all other's destination.

My needs are to not click anything exactly. just load up 2 listers on the start, and one of them should be dest and another one should be src, by default, without using mouse.

Probably it just should be "dest" mode by default for any running lister, and if any new other runs, then this one should be DEST instead, and another one switch to SRC. Then you can have all as before as well and handle other needs too.

@All

So no one know about possibility to assign "tab" key to switch between Filer's listers when any Filler's lister active ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »