Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 101

kishigo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Initial Port of Nanosaur
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey, if you are bored then there is an initial port of Nanosaur in the OS4Depot Uploads section.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: Initial Port of Nanosaur
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Can't test, but nice

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@rjd324

Short test with X5000 and RX560:

1.) I could only start the game after renaming the Nanosaur executable (no nice icon??) to something different like "Nanosaur_Game", since your script tries to create a directory called "Nanosaur" which fails here because the executable already has this name

2.) Then the game starts, but after the intro I get an "OpenGL error 0x506 in DrawMeshList:708"

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
2) I got the same issue to, but I think you can just quickly progress by pressing space before it gets to that error.

1) No nice icon. An initial port with minimal effort. I just noticed that the X5000 Linux community in the Hyperion forums is quite active. It is useful to see what ports they have done for Linux and try to keep up with them. This creation of a folder was not happening for me. Regardless, the whole port took about 30 minutes and not tested. There are things to fix. No controller, paths, colours etc.

Sounds like at the moment there are two workarounds:
- rename the binary
- click through before getting that Mesh error

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just an idea: the "created directory issues" can be because of issues with paths and/or too new clib used with (and forgotten created .unix file in root or something). Issues of this kind may/may not happens if different users uses different shells (like plain amigaos one, or "sh" one, etc).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post