Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
143 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

emeck, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AHIRecord parameters
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I cannot find from the readme file of AHIRecord, how to set the default 'MODE' and "INPUT" port of a sound card (SoundBlaster Live!). There are the respective tooltypes in the program icon, but I cannot see any info what value should be used to get a certain mode or a port. I have tested different integers but the defaulf 'Input' is always 'mixer' when the program is started. I would like to change it to 'mic'

Go to top
Re: AHIRecord parameters
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Gregor

Haven't use it since long time, but:
Tooltypes/CLI parameters
------------------------

- MODE Initial AHI audio mode to use (in DECimal)

- INPUT Number of the default input to use
resto of tooltypes are in readme

You can "get" your AHI modes in AHI prefs and the convert the HEX value/mode in calculator to DECimal.
Or if you have somewhere on your system (ahiddev.lha in os4depot) AHI GetAudioID tool

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor
Quote:
I cannot find from the readme file of AHIRecord, how to set the default 'MODE' and "INPUT" port of a sound card (SoundBlaster Live!). There are the respective tooltypes in the program icon, but I cannot see any info what value should be used to get a certain mode or a port. I have tested different integers but the defaulf 'Input' is always 'mixer' when the program is started. I would like to change it to 'mic'

Nothing will get set until the mode is set correctly. Make sure you use a decimal value as it doesn't understand Hex. You can then set the input equal to the item number in the list. First item equals 1.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd @jabirulo

I got this result from a converter:
0x001E0004 -> 1966084

But MODE=1966084 tooltype has no effect. I also used INPUT=3, which should match 'MIc' which is third on the list but no effect. either.

Any idea what I do wrong...?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Gregor
Not all modes will work. Here is what I did. From the GUI use the Audio Mode button and try selecting vaious selections from the list that appears until you find one that works. Note that if you select one that doesn't work all the gadgets will be ghosted and you will need to restart the program. On my system non of the 16bit selections would work. I had to choose a 32bit one. It depends on the sound card you are using. Once you find a mode that works then convert it's Hex value to decimal and you should be able to use it in the tooltype setting. Note that once you set if from the tooltype you can no longer change it from the GUI because the Audio Mode button gets ghosted. Hopefully this will help you out.

As a side note. I wonder if the source code is available somewhere for this program?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ktadd
Quote:
Not all modes will work. Here is what I did. From the GUI use the Audio Mode button and try selecting vaious selections from the list that appears until you find one that works. Note that if you select one that doesn't work all the gadgets will be ghosted and you will need to restart the program. On my system non of the 16bit selections would work. I had to choose a 32bit one. It depends on the sound card you are using. Once you find a mode that works then convert it's Hex value to decimal and you should be able to use it in the tooltype setting. Note that once you set if from the tooltype you can no longer change it from the GUI because the Audio Mode button gets ghosted. Hopefully this will help you out.

Thanks for your answer... In my case, even those modes which work with AHIRecord, cannot be preselected by using the MODE tooltype. But I also noticed that the mode selected in AmigaOS sound prefs is used as a default in AHIRecord. Unfortunately that does not work with the INPUT - AHIRecord seems to use always 'mixer' as default.

Is the author of this program still in business...?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Gregor

Yes, @tomsonic...even a member here

I just tried on my X1000 (haven't touched the program in years) and while i get a list of some modes through "Audio Mode" (hdaudio and Unit 0) i can only select Unit 0 with no inputs.

Also i get an AHIRecord error: Cannot allocate AHI inbetween.

I know it worked on my XE back in the day, but maybe the hdaudio driver is not that forgiving?

Edited by Raziel on 2022/11/30 23:09:32
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
I just tried on my X1000 (haven't touched the program for years) and while i get a list of some modes through "Audio Mode" (hdaudio and Unit 0) i can only select Unit 0 with no inputs.

Nice Raziel. I didn't realize you wrote it. I'm using the onboard sound on my X1000, I believe Lyle's driver, and the only mode that seems to work for me is the "hdaudio 32bit stereo++"...or something like that. Not in front of my X1000 at the moment. All other settings that show up, including Unit 0 ones give me the "cannot allocate AHI" error.

Note, I am using the Enhancer "Sound" replacement for AHI. I have successfully made recordings through the front "Sound Input" connector on my X1000 with it.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

I didn't write it (i couldn't for the life of me code something)

@tomsonic wrote it (the author of AmigaAmp)
Not sure if he'd still take a look at it, you gotta ask him.

Using onboard hdaudio.audio 6.23 myself, but as i wrote it doesn't get picked up

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel
Quote:
@tomsonic wrote it (the author of AmigaAmp)

Oops, sorry. Didn't read that close enough.
Hmm....I wonder why yours doesn't get picked up. I'll try to look at it a bit closer tonight when I get home.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top

Register To Post