Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

My backdrop on all new screens ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Maybe that something obvious , but i can't find if it possible with prefs:screen (or anything else) to setup on the opened new screen my backdrop i use for workbench screen ?

For example i have a scren with name "test", so via prefs:screens i can set pens, resolutions, GUI prefs, etc, but can't find anywhere if i can set to have a backdrop i need (or at least the one from workbench).

In the prefs:wbpattern i have found 3 tabs : workbench (so where i set my backdrop for workbench), windows and Screen. I thinking before that this "screen" tab is exactly to set backdrop on all the "new screens" created, but seems not.

Can anyone point me out how to put my backdrop on new screen which name i know and which i can set in prefs:Screens ?

Thanks!

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: My backdrop on all new screens ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
No one ?:)

I surely remember it was possible somehow to put my background into newly created sreens, just can't remember how.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
I don't think you can do it on Screens Prefs, but that would be a nice addition to have.

I am pretty sure you can do it to MUI Screens though from its screen manager.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

You can't with standard prefs. I have wanted to see such feature (native on AOS4) myself. The only chance is one of the workbench clones on os4depot.net which can open "workbenches"/desktops on any public screen. (My workbench clones might be buggy unfortunately.)

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top

Register To Post