Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 124

MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Clipboard with RDesktop to linux not working
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi

I'm using RDesktop to connect to my Raspberry Pi from my Amiga, but I can't get the clipboard to work.

I searched the net and there are issues, but I don't see the same errors they talk about: Failing to connect to chansrv after net dropout f.ex. I just simply doesn't work.

It works fine from windows though. And it works fine between my Amiga and windows too.

However, if I remote to windows from Amiga, and then to the Pi from windows and then try to copy stuff from linux to the Amiga (two RDP session away) strange things happen. Directly from linux to Amiga doesn't work, but if I middle-land the text in Notepad on windows first, then past the text on the Amiga, it sort of freezes!

It seems RDesktop on Amiga locks the clipboard, but fails to get data from windows and so all device access on the Amiga freezes, like disk, clipboard etc. But Amiga windows and RDP still work (until I try to copy something more on windows, then RDP freezes too).

Any ideas?

Could RDP on linux be sending data on clipboard the Amiga doesn't understand ?

Software developer for Amiga OS3 and OS4.
Develops for OnyxSoft and the Amiga using E and C and occasionally C++
Go to top

Register To Post