Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
174 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 173

joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Deneb/Poseidon 4.5 USB class Linksys 2.0 ethernet help
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have an A4000T/060 with a Deneb USB running Poseidon 4.5. I have been having issues with it crashing my system when backing up to smb NAS.

I have 4 different USB ethernet adapters:

Linksys USB200M AX88172 chipset:
Uses 250mW of 500mW power
Poseidon sees it as a CDC class but class under information sys "None".
This adapter works for a time until it errors 3 times and Poseidon shuts it down. Reasonably fast.
"Eth received failed: packet overflow(7)"
"Eth received failed: packet response timeout(6)"

To get it to work again, I unplug the USB and replug and hit retry and it copies just fine until the next time it errors out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Linksys USB200M V2 AX88772 chipset:
Poseidon sees it as a "Vendor" class but class under information sys "Vendor 255".

This adapter is very slow.

No errors from Poseidon.

Using "Sana-II Meter Tool 37.11" network monitoring program, It gets continuous "Bad Packet" errors which means "CRC" errors.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Linksys USB300M AX88772 chipset:
Poseidon sees it as a "Vendor" class but class under information sys "Vendor 255".

This adapter is very slow.

No errors from Poseidon.

Using "Sana-II Meter Tool 37.11" network monitoring program, It gets continuous "Bad Packet" errors which means "CRC" errors.
----------------------------------------------------------------
D-Link
Dub-E100 USB 2.0
Uses 450mW of 500mW power
AX88172 chipset: Poseidon sees it as a CDC class but class under information sys "None".
This adapter works most reliably and no Poseidon errors Reasonably fast.
On some large files I get:
"Eth received failed: NAK failure"

Using "Sana-II Meter Tool 37.11" network monitoring program, It gets 0 "Bad Packet" errors which means "CRC" errors.

Occasionally, it will stop working and I can either unplug/plug the adapter in or do a power cycle under Poseidon.
---------------------------------------------------------------
So what I have noticed is that the AX88172 chipset works most reliably. Both AX88172 and AX88772 use the USBASIXETH driver.

Can anybody tell me how to change under the "Class" from "Vendor" to CDC Class? Or is that possible?

Go to top
Re: Deneb/Poseidon 4.5 USB class Linksys 2.0 ethernet help
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
So 109 people read it and nobody can help me or even offer suggestions?

I saw that Deneb's site hasn't been maintained and I know Chris Hodges has basically retired.

Story of Amiga

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi amiganuts

I'm not well versed with Poseidon - actually I've never used it, which is why I am amongst those initial 109 readers with no response.

However, I have dealt quite a bit with USB on AmigaOS over time, so I can at least chime in with this bit of information.
The Class of a device is something the device itself presents to the USB stack. So the only way to change the device class would be if Poseidon has some means of allowing you to override what the device is telling.
As I don't know Poseidon I can't answer that question, but my guess would be that it is not possible.

Regards,
Thomas Graff Thøger

Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
If I am not wrong the Poseidon stack is now owned by iComp. Is the version you are running the last one they released? Maybe they have a way to help you with it or know better what you could do.

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I looked at icomps website and they say nothing about Poseidon. I didn't see a support email just look at our wiki for support.

I am running the last addition of Poseidon 4.5.

Go to top

Register To Post