Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

X1000 Replacement CPU Fan
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
My X1 is a little loud. Not too bad, but compared to, my X5 is silent.

Anyone have any good recommendations for a replacement and quiet fan for the X1 CPU? That is the thing causing most of the noise.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: X1000 Replacement CPU Fan
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey @rjd324

I changed fan on A4000 PSU with Noctua NF-R8 redux for exactly the same reason as yours, but did not change fan on NG system. It is pretty quiet, but you might want to get something with higher RPM's. If I am not mistaken, I think Kas1e did some fan replacement on his board and posted that on Youtube.

Check the link:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... id=128157&keywords=Noctua

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I water cooled my X1000, bit expensive, just because the tower was made for water cooling, I got some help from a friend, but I did most of the work, he mostly told me what to buy, and from where, he did give me a old Pentium mounting that was modified.

A few things I do different if did it again, I probably take out motherboard, and drill some holes in backplate, so I can back mount ssd disks, there is not lot space for normal disks, but SSD most likely have clearing, I most likely mount it some sheet metal, and not direct so I can remove the disk, without removing motherboard.

I had to remove the front door, because it was in the way for air suction, and the radiator. So now everything cooled by two large PC fans, that cools the radiator, all other fans are gone, GFX fan and CPU fan, I get some sound from the pump however, but you hardly notice.

getting the old CPU fan off is scary as uses thermal tape for the cpu fan mount, this are actually pretty good, but huge hazel when trying to take things apart.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

Here's what I used to solve the original loud fan problem on my X1000

http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.com/2015/06/" rel="external" title="">X1000 silent fan replacement

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@328gts

Thanks, that is a nice guide, but I am unable to click on the initial link, otherwise I would definitely consider buying that fan.

Is anyone able to provide a link to a suitable fan that offers a quiter solution?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi, the link to the blog was not a problem, I am talking about the link within the blog that no longer works.

George Orwell.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@rjd324

Yeah, unfortunately I believe Marcom stopped trading several years ago.

I don't think it's possible to buy that fan solution any more.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

sadly this is true and too bad as it’s a nice solution for the X1000. Last I heard they sold their remaining stock to an Amiga dealer in Germany a few years ago.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is the fan size standard on nemo? If so, I can just buy anything.

George Orwell.
Go to top

Register To Post