Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 105

LyleHaze, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

WarpSNES / Snes9x Controllers (SOLVED)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have a USB controller. "AmigaInput" recognises it fine and I can calibrate it, etc. It also works okay with FPSE.

For Snes9x, if I go to the tab named "AmigaInput" I can select "Joypad" only if I enable "Joystick" in the config file. But, I cannot click where it says "CURSOER_LEFT" for Left etc. It does not seem possible to modify these values.

For WarpSNES, the only option I get in "Select Device" is "Keyboard". I read that I should map the USB controller to LowLevel Port 0 / Mouse but that also does not seem to have any effect.

So, I decided to try and use AmigaInputAnyware, but "Button 1" on there does not seem to match "Button 1" on the emulators.

Can anyone help?

Edited by rjd324 on 2022/6/9 20:43:57
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: WarpSNES / Snes9x Controllers
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Partially SOLVED: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/ ... hp?topic_id=8826&start=40

The work-around is to use AmigaInputAnyware (AIA), now renamed to AmigaInputAnywhere.

The issue regarding not being able to change buttons within the emulators themselves... I am assuming that is just the way it is. Well, with WarpSNES you can change the keyboard buttons, so I use that, since it integrates with AIA, but with Snes9x there is no option to change anything.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell.
Go to top
Re: WarpSNES / Snes9x Controllers (SOLVED)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@rjd324

Regarding the Snes9x, it already have pre-defined keys, right? If it does, you can add those keys to the AIA config and gamepad should work with Snes9x. Never mind if you are already doing that, it was just not clear from your last post above.

Go to top
Re: WarpSNES / Snes9x Controllers
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@rjd324

I won’t mind collecting some pre-configurations.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt,

Not sure if this is possible, but could config file be one file only? Not sure how time consuming this change might be and I am asking because right now we have a config file for one game only and one joystick setup inside. If I want to use another joystick, I have to overwrite previo1us setting. I am thinking one config file to hold all joystick info, something like this:

[joysticks]
Mayflesh_Arcade_Fight_Stick_F300=up=0,76,0;down=0,77,0...
Competition_Pro_USB=0,76,0;down=0,77,0...

Idea is directly taken from jabirulo's gamepadtest and seems more convenient. The game will be picked from the existing menu that you have and AIA will pick joystick from the config file or if non existent, you still can add it manually by assigning keys. There should be an option to edit the existing configuration too.

I am not sure how possible is that but just an idea!

What configurations you need, from AIA? If so, I can archive what I have and send it over to you.

Thanks!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Well,I tried AmigaInputAnywhere with SNES9X-OS4 and WarpSNES but no luck at all.I assigned the keys on AmigaInputAnywhere and made a new SNES9X config file and tried on both SuperNintendo emulators to configure the joypad but at this time it was inpossible to play Final Fight.

What can I do now?

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Amd I get no sound too on WarpSNES 1.42 (version) trying Gradius 3.

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

The key mapping will only work while the program AIA is running, check that program working fine, open notepad.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@levellord

Quote:
What configurations you need, from AIA? If so, I can archive what I have and send it over to you.

Yes, that will work, but we should maybe wait, as I should release next version first, as button number might change.

As suppose different joystick, I guess it can be done by by…

config/{genaral_for_game_cfg}
config/{joystickName}/{specific_for_game_cfg}

Don’t like idea having it in one file, as you need to mess with merging different config files, easier to just use the copy command.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt,

However you decide, it will be good, no worries at all and no rush! I've PM'd you the link to the config files.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MamePPC1

I am pretty sure that AIA is working for SNES emulator(s) as rjd324 reported that it is. Try doing what LiveForIt said and after you assign keys to the buttons, keep the AIA open before you start your emulator.

Sorry for the sound issue, I would not know the reason why is it lacking. Maybe try different rom file, just guessing here?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@LiveForIt

Yeah I tried SNES emulators with AmigaInputAnywhere open!!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@levellord

Thanks levellord!!! Yes I wil try different roms of SuperNintendo.

And don't know why on MAME now I have to press a circular led that gives light to the joypad,instead I think joypad is not recognized

Go to top

Register To Post