Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

trixie, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 3 »
osdepot certificate not updated?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I have recently updated my internet security suite
with "BitDefender Internet Security"
The "osdepot" site does not have an updated or untrusted certificate.
Obviously a "false positive"

I was wondering if others also experience this with "windows 10"
I used "kaspersky" before and this problem never occurred.
Thank you.

Go to top
Re: osdepot certificate not updated?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I don't think there is a certificate, so your warning appears to be correct.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
OS4Depot has never had any certificate.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Perfect, Thanks to all.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Question: wouldn't it be time for implementing a secure https connection for OS4Depot?
Odyssey can handle it, IBrowse as well. So, what are the arguments against it?

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@PrimaxQuote:
Primax wrote:Question: wouldn't it be time for implementing a secure https connection for OS4Depot?
Odyssey can handle it, IBrowse as well. So, what are the arguments against it?

As far as I know it costs money to have https certificate.
Since there is no money transactions or sensitive users' information collection, there is no sense in having secure connections.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Shouldn't cost anything at all if using Let's Encrypt.

IBrowse, AmiSSL and Warp Datatype Developer
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@drHirudo

I've recently converted my Amiga blog site to HTTPS, and my hosting provider charged nothing for the certificate.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@OS4Depot maintainers

So, what do you think?

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / AmigaOS 3.9
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Main question is why to use "BitDefender Internet Security" 🤔?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@PixelHi

It's not a question of using particular protection software. Today, serious websites use HTTPS; simple as that.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Put everything behind cloudflare and you don't need to buy any certificate. And of course you will gain speed too

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
Put everything behind cloudflare...

Definitely don't do that- it would make it inaccessible to Odyssey (and presumably IBrowse, too).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@msteed

Every ssl certificate would be an issue with ibrowse/odissey.. So the best solution would be no certificate at all. And however with cloudflare you can also disable SSL but still have benfits

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@msteed

Quote:
msteed wrote:Quote:
Put everything behind cloudflare...

Definitely don't do that- it would make it inaccessible to Odyssey (and presumably IBrowse, too).

Um, check the IBrowse website's certificate - it has been behind Cloudflare for some time. Needless to say, it works fine in IBrowse, otherwise we wouldn't use Cloudflare.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

I was thinking more of the threat protection aspect of Cloudflare- almost every time I encounter a website that wants me to prove I'm not a robot and then won't let me in no matter how many times I complete the CAPTCHA, it turns out to be Cloudflare. So I've come to associate Cloudflare with "can't go there with Odyssey." I imagine IBrowse also has this problem, though I've never actually tried it.

If that part of Cloudflare can be separated from the SSL/certificates part, then of course I have no objection to that.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@msteed

Those features can be switched off or adjusted globally, and also via page rules (where, for example, you could disable them using a user agent match). That said, I don't think I've ever stumbled on one of Cloudflare's captcha pages using IBrowse.

However, with Cloudflare I'd be more concerned about how much bandwidth OS4Depot uses. Cloudflare could reduce the bandwidth uses at the hosting provider, but sometimes object to sites serving a lot of large static files and cancel accounts because of it (even paid subscriptions).

Most hosting providers offer Let's Encrypt certificates free of charge - it is a feature built into cPanel, for example. So, that would be the easiest solution. Cloudflare takes a fair bit of learning to get the best out of it.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Futaura

Quote:
That said, I don't think I've ever stumbled on one of Cloudflare's captcha pages using IBrowse.

This link that LiveForIt posted over on the RadeonHD V.5 driver thread is an example of a web page that is not accessible to Odyssey because of Cloudflare's threat protection:

https://www.researchgate.net/publicati ... ith_compiler_optimization

There's no CAPTCHA with this page, so either there are different versions of the threat detection code, or the code has changed and no longer gets far enough to even bring up the CAPTCHA.

When I try to follow the link with Odyssey, I get a page with a "Checking if the site connection is secure" message, followed by a high CPU load as a lot of Javascript runs. After a bit the message "This check is taking longer than expected" pops up. After a bit more the page reloads, and the whole thing repeats.

Every now and then, for whatever reason, I instead get a "Verify you are human" button in addition to the "This check is taking longer than expected" message. With other sites in the past clicking on such a button has brought up the CAPTCHA, but here it has no effect, and eventually the page reloads again.

When I try this same link with IBrowse I get the same "Checking if the site connection is secure" page, but there doesn't seem to be any Javascript executing, and nothing further happens (no "taking longer" message or page reloading).

Here's another link that doesn't work with Odyssey due to Cloudflare:

www.bhphotovideo.com

When I try it with Odyssey, I get the same result as with the link above. But curiously, when I try it with IBrowse it works fine (or as well as it can, with no CSS support).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
If SSL is not working in odissey most probably it is because you need to update certificates. Is not a cloudflare problem.

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@afxgroup

Quote:
afxgroup wrote:If SSL is not working in odissey most probably it is because you need to update certificates. Is not a cloudflare problem.

How does one do this?

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 3 »