Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 94

MartinW, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Flowerpot, no can do
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
I don't seem to be able to get flowerpot to run on my Ubuntu 16.04 setup. Or more specifically, the POL install script.

I have met att the Prerequisites that are mentioned in the guide. PlayOnLinux v4.2.10 , wine 2.0-stating is available, roms and amigaos 4.1 FE iso are at hand.

I'm following the guide as follows:

1. Download the script POL_install_FlowerPot wherever you want
2. When you start PlayOnLinux go to the menu "Tools > Run a local script". Choose the POL_install_FlowerPot file.

3. Follow the instructions. You will see a message about the signature of the script, that it is not valid. Ignore and continue the installation.

4. Follow and approve every step

At step three I go through the following steps:
- At the warning about signature I press "Next"
- The html-script is displayed with an "I agree" checkbox.
- I select the I Agree checkbox and press "Next"
- The window with the script is closed
- And the ... nothing .. nada ..

Anyone who knows what's going on?

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Flowerpot, no can do
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@orgin

While you do the installation, are connected to internet? Also, does the debug log say something about why it failed?
When you say that the window with the script is closed, you mean the window of PlayOnLinux? If yes, is there a possibility that POL crashes?

Follow me on
Ko-fi, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@walkero

I'm online.

I read up on what a POL script is supposed to look like and realized that the supplied script was just a html representation of a script rather than the actual script. So I simply opened it up in a web brower, manually c&p'd the script from the webpage and stored it in a file and ran that in PlayOnLinux.

Everything went fine, until I realized that the "ralphschmidt-cyberstorm-ppc-4471.rom" file is 0 bytes long on the AmigaForever ISO ... ohh poop.

I'm guessing that it needs to be a bit .. larger.

I bought the downloadable version of AmigaForever. Do I need to buy the deluxe version to get the complete rom file?

Edit: To be specific, I have the AmigaForever 7 plus package. But the ppc-4471.rom file is 0 bytes long on the contained ISO.

Edited by orgin on 2017/8/29 5:25:37

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Not sure what happened with the ROM in Amiga Forever 7. Maybe the file will be generated as soon as you attempt to install AmigaOS4 from Amiga Forever itself?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@AmiKit

Seems not. The "Install OS4" option in FlowerPOT starts WinUAE. But it just shows a AmigaDOS window saying "Loading AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Kickstart...". But nothing more happens. I let it just sit there over night to no avail.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

I said Amiga Forever :)

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@AmiKit

I assumed that that was what was happening in the background, but I suppose not then.

Can't say that I can find any way to install from the ISO on linux. But I'll keep looking.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

I was able to install Amiga Forever using Codeweaver's Cross Over. Hope it helps.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Okey, all my attempts with plain wine just ends at a requester saying "Please run the installer from the original Amiga Forever installation medium."

Doesn't matter if I:
- Mount the ISO
- Copy the ISO contents to a directory and run from there
- Burn to a DVD and run from that*

But I'll check out "Codeweavers Cross Over" and see if that works.

* was lucky to find a blank dvd in a box and luckily my living room computer still had a dvd writer installed. Why do people keep on using these archic things .. ohh well.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post