Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Skateman, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Pegasos 2 + Os4.1 FE help.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey Amigans!

My XE motherboard is dead, and my friend Huno gave me his old Pegasos 2. But I'm facing some problems and I can't find any answer on any forum. (+amigaworld.net looks dead).

Small questions:

-I'd like to remove the Os4.1 openfirmware loader timer. I only have 1 Os on my SSD, but I still have to wait 4-5 seconds on every boot. I can't found any command to reduce (remove?) this timer.

-My keyboard only have 1 Windows key. On the XE, UBoot can remap the right Windows key to the menu key, but the Pegasos 2 just can't. I tryed with AmigaKeyRemapper with no success. I just can't have a second working Amiga key. I've seen people with the same question, but no real answer :(

BIG problem!

-When running any Warp3D application (either MiniGL games or my own W3D game), the USB mouse/keyboard inputs are very laggy. The mouse is freezed most of the time, the keyboard answer with delay.

I tryed with a fresh install of Os4.1 FE, also with update 1, without success.

3 mouses and 2 keyboards tested: Same problem.

Pegasos 2 onboard USB or VIA PCI USB: Same problem.

The only workaround I've found is using PS/2 peripherals, but since we are in 2017, it's not really a solution.

Maybe I missed something?

Thank you for reading me

AmigaOne XE --- 7455A@1.4Ghz --- Radeon 9000 Pro --- RAM 2GB --- SSD 40GB
Go to top
Re: Pegasos 2 + Os4.1 FE help.
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Crisot
On peg2 i use ps2 and the same keyboard : it is always working and give me no problems for years. Imho, even its is not good solution, to use ps2 ones. Those ones always prove to be fine on peg2.

Sadly, i do not know why we all the time have usb problems with mouses and keyboards on os4. But maybe you can try to play with those kickstart modules EHCI, etc, etc. Disable maybe 2.0 ones, and keep 1.1 ones (i remember it was helpfull for some users).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I'm with Roman here - I only use PS/2 peripherals with my Pegasos II. I even bought those AmigaOne/OS keyboard and mouse from Amigakit with PS/2 on purpose. Both work flawless.

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Grmbl... I see.

The problem is not to find PS/2 peripherals. It's to find GOOD PS/2 peripherals. Actually I'm used to my Logitech wireless setup, I used it on my XE for years, and I can hardly go back to stuff looking like 1990

About the AmigaOs Open Bootloader timer, any advice? This timer bother me

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Crisot

Sorry to hear about your XE and glad that Huno was able to to give you the Peg2.

Have you tried any PS2 to USB converters? Hopefully cheap or homemade passive adapters will be enough since the active converters are quite expensive.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey Rob! Unfortunately I tryed passive adapters with no success. Any modern mouse/keyboard does not work with thoses anyway :(

But it's the first time I hear about active converters? Maybe it's the solution? !!! :)

EDIT: Just looked on the web. I can find PS2->USB active converter, but no USB->PS2. Thoses are passive only :(

Thank you anyway! :)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Crisot

The cheapest and easy to find on the web seems to be the linkskey LKV-PUC01.

I even managed to find an image of it with the cover off so you can see whats inside.

Link

I also found 3 others from my searches but they are more expensive or you need to get a quote which probably isn't going to be cheap.

http://www.kvmchoice.com/detail_switch.asp?id=1450

http://www.blackbox.co.uk/gb-gb/fi/14 ... 26/USB-to-PS-2-Converter/

http://www.nti1.co.uk/ps2-to-usb-adapter.html

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Wow so cool !!! So much thanks !!!

It's the price of an XE motherboard ahah but at least it can solve my problem ! ☺️

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Crisot

Dungeon Crawler will be available in AmiStore?
When the first demo?

We are very happy that you are working on the game.
We love your AmigaOne demos: One, Two .....

PS.
A-Eon can help you fix AmigaOne?
You wrote to Trevor?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It's the motherboard unfortunately, CPU modules are easy to fix as long as it only a dead G4, but I just don't understand what goes wrong with my motherboard.

I'm still working on the game, but I'm actually porting it to Windows, and honnestly this will help me work faster (faster compilation + working on the same computer I use to build 3D/Textures + protected memory + no crash + task killing, etc...)

Of course the game is still designed to work on Os4.1/Warp3D.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Crisot

Do you have any plans to get a PCIe Amiga NG see what you can get out of the Nova API?

Go to top

Register To Post